Forums
Posted By: leylo Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 5:45pm
Asda in Birkenhead have got a variety of weekend jobs available. Most departments seem to be available. They are on the job center web site. Hope this is of use to some one smile
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 6:12pm
thanks for that info.
have you done their online application?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 6:23pm
Thanks for the info! thumbsup
Posted By: leylo Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 6:40pm
No Ive got a job just thought it may of been of use to some others x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 6:47pm
nice 1
Posted By: nickie Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by leylo
Asda in Birkenhead have got a variety of weekend jobs available. Most departments seem to be available. They are on the job center web site. Hope this is of use to some one smile

Can you post the link up please.

Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 7:57pm
Links to jobs on the job centre website don't work, they just take you back to the front page
Posted By: Blazeparadox Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 8:29pm
You will need to log in or register on the Asda home page to apply for the jobs smile
Posted By: leylo Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 8:42pm
http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/lis...pid=4&sid=319032585&p=1&so=5
I think this is right hope it helps if not try directgovjobs
Posted By: nickie Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 9:14pm
Originally Posted by leylo
http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/lis...pid=4&sid=319032585&p=1&so=5
I think this is right hope it helps if not try directgovjobs

Thanks, i will now forward this to the mother in law.

Dave.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Asda jobs - 5th Sep 2011 9:18pm
The link doesn't work, just takes you to a list of 250 search results. Always happens with that site.
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Asda jobs - 6th Sep 2011 9:53am
02 are also taking on xtra xmas staff now if anyone interested
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Asda jobs - 6th Sep 2011 11:16am
I know, but it's so annoying that you can't apply to them again for six months if you fail their online test.
Posted By: nat873 Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 1:53pm
Has anyone heard yet from the new Birkenhead yet? I had an interview the 26th n have not heard back yet.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 3:05pm
I had mine on the 26th too, but I've not heard anything.
Posted By: emajao Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 5:02pm
i had a call on monday offering me a job, my interview was 17th. i asked for atleast 16 hours an got 24, have a 2 day induction next week
Posted By: JellyStar Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 5:06pm
I heared that Netto in Seacombe is being taken over by Morrisons (could just be idle gossip) I asume that old Netto staff being given option to stay, always worth asking at job centre though smile
Also when new Sainsury's opened in Neston they employed too many staff on purpose (temp/permanent) until they decided how the shop would run and got rid of all the temps! so make sure you know what type of contract you have when being taken on by big stores smile
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 5:30pm
Originally Posted by emajao
i had a call on monday offering me a job, my interview was 17th. i asked for atleast 16 hours an got 24, have a 2 day induction next week

congrats yipee
Posted By: nat873 Re: Asda jobs - 7th Sep 2011 5:37pm
emajao, what department will you be working in?
Posted By: muffin Re: Asda jobs - 8th Sep 2011 8:15am
emajao, well done did you apply for morrisons i carny apply for asda have to 6 months hope you love your new job
Posted By: emajao Re: Asda jobs - 10th Sep 2011 11:34am
i got shop floor assistant, yes i applied for morrisons waited nearly 7 weeks for rejection letter, an it come an hour after id been offered the job at asda so didnt care then. more money an no travel with asda and shifts to suit around my kids so very pleased
Posted By: happy Re: Asda jobs - 12th Sep 2011 3:52pm
asda offered me another job today 27 hours was made up as only doing 25 now, but when asked for the shifts i was gutted. its impossible for me to beable to to the shifts as a single parent. it was 3 7am starts then 2 evenings 4-9 pm. wasnt the department i would of liked to work on, but beggars cant be choosers i guess. was in the canteen !
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Asda jobs - 12th Sep 2011 3:56pm
Originally Posted by happy
asda offered me another job today 27 hours was made up as only doing 25 now, but when asked for the shifts i was gutted. its impossible for me to beable to to the shifts as a single parent. it was 3 7am starts then 2 evenings 4-9 pm.

Awww bummer! frown
Posted By: nat873 Re: Asda jobs - 21st Sep 2011 7:16am
i got offered a job last week on checkouts, not been told how many hours yet though. Has anyone had their induction yet? Iv got mine next week but dont know what to expect.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Asda jobs - 21st Sep 2011 9:27am
A friend of mine started one yesterday. Said the staff seemed almost brainwashed. Lots of horrible Americanised style chanting and saying how wonderful Walmart/ASDA is. Also the staff taking the induction saying ASDA is so wonderful no-one ever steals from them. Yeah right!
Posted By: emajao Re: Asda jobs - 21st Sep 2011 11:39am
i had mine last week. 2 days basically watchin dvds of things like health an safty wat happens if u thieve basically alot of listenin an writing stuff down. oh and they love asda
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Asda jobs - 21st Sep 2011 12:00pm
I worked there for a while when i left school ten years or so back. Place went down hill when Walmart took over, it went all Americanised and money grabbing. Things like giving the yanks the day of for 4th July but not honering British holidays etc,

Rember the interview was a joke, had us doing the ASDA chant, give us an A, give us S etc, etc, one interview question was what annoys you most about a new pair of shoes, wtf?

I had a friend who was warehouse manager who was sacked for picking up penny sweets out of the reduced comp in the back of warehouse, pathetic.

If it was for that place though i wouldn't have gone back to college to do my A levels and i would never have landed my Project Managment job, so have them to thank in a way for being such a sh** company.

I once arranged cover from a colleague so i could leave early rang supervisor to explain, she told me i couldn't go even though i'd arranged cover which goes against ASDA policy. I ignored her and went anyway knowing i was fully in my right to do so.

Supervisor didn't like i'd used my brain and gone over her head so told my manager. Luckily the Manager was fond of me and she hated the supervisor so it was all good.

Once your in its hard to leave, i deliberatley went AWOL on the back of the cover incident for a month and had my supervisor telling me they'd hold my job without a disiplinary because of what a hard worker i was, she rang three times a week for the next month i ended up telling her i'd gota placment as a bench engineer for an IT firm and they could shove there shi**y job up there ar*e sideways smile
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Asda jobs - 21st Sep 2011 3:46pm
Originally Posted by Nelzy84

they could shove there shi**y job up there ar*e sideways smile

That's what ASDA stands for Ar*e Shoving at Dangerous Angles
© Wirral-Wikiwirral