Forums
Posted By: frogger grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 4:49pm
grainger games job liverpool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 9:35pm
6 hours, what a joke.That's about £35 a week, the DSS stop everything over £5, is it REALLY worth the hassle??? I think not!

No offence frogger, keep putting the jobs up, I was having a go at Graingers games, not you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 9:57pm
Croco thing is the dole send people after jobs like this, when i was on the dole I got sent to a cleaning job, it was 4 hours a week cos I said no they said they may stop my jsa cos i didn't want work, thankfully I got a call back that week for a job. It's shit I know been there and its not getting any better.

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 10:20pm
If you can show that you would be worse off financially (transport etc) than just on jsa and they are not able to offer further financial assistance then they can't do that because they would be forcing you to live on an income below the amount specified as the minimum to live on. They sometimes offer additional payments for a period of time.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 10:38pm
I thought you couldn't use the excuse that you'd be worse off?

I also thought you could work 8 hours a week before they cut any benefits?

Or am I talking to all the wrong people?
Posted By: Littlebear Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 10:40pm
I thought it was 16?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTa...ort/Employedorlookingforwork/DG_10018757

Ellesmere Port vacancy as well.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 10:53pm
For single person on JSA the disregard is £5 a week. So anything you earn over this is deducted pound for pound.

If you work 16 hours a week or over I "think" you are counted as employed and not unemployed.

The rules on being worse off are very vague, but if you can PROVE you have less than the specified minimum amount to live on then generally they won't force you into it - if you just say it or give them partial proof they will ignore it. The strange exception is that CSA payments aren't taken into account - so a single person (over 25) on jsa has to live on £5 less than they say is the minimum amount they can live on.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 25th Aug 2011 10:57pm
How much is the minimum amount specified to live on?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 1:01am
Oooh I see, my friend said she was told she can work 8 hrs a week without it affecting her benefits but that might be more to do with her having kids than JSA specifically. And didn't know that about the excuse thing either, thanks for clearing that up tease
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 1:02am
Oh but not all of us are on benefits or have jobs though, this job could still be helpful for people like me! tease
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 7:53am
They are opening a new store in Birkenhead around the 2nd of September, near to the Cex store. I was talking to them in the Liverpool store a few days ago, so hopefully some more jobs to come.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 2:31pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Oooh I see, my friend said she was told she can work 8 hrs a week without it affecting her benefits but that might be more to do with her having kids than JSA specifically. And didn't know that about the excuse thing either, thanks for clearing that up tease

It isn't how many hours you work, it's the money you earn. Still working for 8 hours a week might keep other benefit entitlements and get you back into the world of work. It's different for everyone. When you sign your job seekers agreement you sign up for what you can and cant do then, the adviser will agree with you, like they told me I can turn down temporary work and not lose my JSA as the effect on housing benefit etc would not be worth the work.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 3:05pm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 3:14pm
Aged 16 - 24 £53.45
Aged 25 or over £67.50

how much you can live on a week

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: grainger games jobs liverpool - 26th Aug 2011 3:26pm
Originally Posted by 8Bitguy
Aged 16 - 24 £53.45
Aged 25 or over £67.50

how much you can live on a week
Yes, sorry, ignore my figures above doh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral