Forums
Posted By: free_spirit I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 9:36am
its been 4 weeks since my interview,
3 weeks 4 days since my ref where requested and sent off...

still no reply,wether is be a yes/no/maybe in future...

anyone else watching for the post each day?
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:23am
has your postman been today? my friend got hers today....
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:24am
Originally Posted by WLH27
has your postman been today? my friend got hers today....

hiya,
yes he's been i was also expecting a parcel which never came..just junk mails..

well done to your friend thumbsup

have you got your start date yet?
Posted By: A_L_K Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:26am
I know someone who had there interview a few weeks ago and has already heard back, luckly she got the job!
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:29am
yeah i start on september 27th but have an induction at tranmere rovers on the 24th

pretty lucky, im going on holiday and come back the 23rd, ive been worrying that the dates would clash.....

hope you hear soon,my friend rang them up and they told her it would still be taking up to 2 weeks to send all the letters out depending on the department you applied for....
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:36am
yeah i start on september 27th but have an induction at tranmere rovers on the 24th

pretty lucky, im going on holiday and come back the 23rd, ive been worrying that the dates would clash.....

hope you hear soon,my friend rang them up and they told her it would still be taking up to 2 weeks to send all the letters out depending on the department you applied for....

that worked out fab for you, you'll be refreshed after your hols ready to start a new job yomama

so could be another 2 weeks?
thanks for the info, appreciatte it happy
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 12:13pm
I haven't heard either but I guess they are busy still.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 1:05pm
My son got his acceptance this morning, he had to sign it and send it back by yesterday!
Posted By: Becky02 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 1:10pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
My son got his acceptance this morning, he had to sign it and send it back by yesterday!
congrats to your son Yewgarth!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 4:37pm

Congrats to him!

Did he ring and say he only got it today?

What position has he got?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 5:19pm

tell him to buy this raftl

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C233417
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 24th Aug 2011 10:33pm

im still post watchin to frown
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 7:02am
Originally Posted by happy

im still post watchin to frown

prob loads of us, sitting waiting..arrggg..LOL
Posted By: Littlebear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:31am
I think 99% of unemployed people have applied for Morrisons - I was in the job centre a couple of weeks ago and the queue for it was huge.
Hope you get the job.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:35am
Originally Posted by Littlebear
I think 99% of unemployed people have applied for Morrisons - I was in the job centre a couple of weeks ago and the queue for it was huge.
Hope you get the job.

yes, i think 1400 went to the information at tranmere and 700 interviews...

just want to know, one way or another...
did you apply?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:51am
They said in the end it was 1800 people who called in for places at the open day at Tranmere Rovers and of them, 1600 applications were received back in on time.

I heard there were 200 jobs, but later heard there were about 90 more. Not sure if that's to do with lower hours and more people etc.

I feel lucky because now I have a job, but it would be great to know whether or not I have actually been offered one by them, it has been a long process. And also if I was lucky enough, then my role can be passed on to someone else who needs a job.

Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:55am
yes its defo taken/taking a long time from start to finsish..
i hate waiting..feel for the people who are unemployed and waiting to hear...but saying that a few people who are unemployed have already heard they have the job...

when do you start your job sally?
Posted By: Littlebear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:56am
Originally Posted by free_spirit
did you apply?

No, I didn't apply for it freespirit. Don't get too down if you don't get it.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 8:57am
Originally Posted by Littlebear
did you apply?

No, I didn't apply for it freespirit. Don't get too down if you don't get it.

thanks , i won't, i have a job now, but really could do with getting out of the place...
day off today smile
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 1:01pm
i hate waiting..feel for the people who are unemployed and waiting to hear...but saying that a few people who are unemployed have already heard they have the job...

I start on the 7th so not long now. Bit scared really only just had my benefits sorted and now they are going to stop them, and it won't be until the end of September before I get paid so it's all a bit worrying. Hopefully I will be able to call on family and friends and that the landlord will be a bit patient.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 1:07pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

I start on the 7th so not long now. Bit scared really only just had my benefits sorted and now they are going to stop them, and it won't be until the end of September before I get paid so it's all a bit worrying. Hopefully I will be able to call on family and friends and that the landlord will be a bit patient.

made up for you..
how long have you been unemployed?

only asking as about 7 years ago i was unemployed for 3 months and when i got a job
i got help ..will pm you
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 1:57pm
I was actually made redundant at the beginning of April, but have managed to get a few hours here and there temping so have just about made ends meet, only claiming JSA for a month. I will look into it though thanks for the help.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 25th Aug 2011 2:12pm

Sallybear, how long did it take for your benefits to get sorted? I've had my first interview and I signed on for the first time on that day (two weeks ago). They said it would take 2-3 weeks for the first Giro. Not sure if the quoted time is set in stone though.
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 26th Aug 2011 3:47pm
i got offered the asda job today , was perfect job in admin dealing with claims etc, perfect hours 9 till 2 , but was only a 19.5 hour contract.they mustnt really listen to u in interviews as i stated im workin 25 now and am lookin for 30 hours. had to turn it down frown
still no word from morrisons ,any one heard from them?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 26th Aug 2011 4:10pm
Hi Littlebear, I claimed from 4th August and only just had my first payment and it was wrong (short) but had all the notifications in the post yesterday, including council tax benefit etc.

I also start work on the 7th and your housing and CTx doesn't just stop, only your JSA, it's quite complicated but the one stop shop are helpful if you ask for some advice.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 26th Aug 2011 6:02pm
i got offered the asda job today , was perfect job in admin dealing with claims etc, perfect hours 9 till 2 , but was only a 19.5 hour contract.they mustnt really listen to u in interviews as i stated im workin 25 now and am lookin for 30 hours. had to turn it down frown
still no word from morrisons ,any one heard from them?

its hard in retail to get 30+ hours nowadays
unless management..even then quite a lot of companys employinga few ppl doing 16 hours...
most are doing small contracts..could tax credits not have helped you?

sorry to hear you had to turn it down..

nope still nowt from morrisons either, quite a lot waiting for replys.
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 26th Aug 2011 7:37pm
i know its pain ,wish they would said at my interview as i stated i wanted 30 plus as already have 25 hour contract.i get tax cedits now, would be silly to take a job with less hours than im doin now.think morrisons will prob be the same although they did say they did have 30 hour jobs wen i asked. think maybe start looking into doing somthink else other than retail !!! this morrisons waitin game is a pain isnt it frown
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 26th Aug 2011 9:19pm
i know its pain ,wish they would said at my interview as i stated i wanted 30 plus as already have 25 hour contract.i get tax cedits now, would be silly to take a job with less hours than im doin now.think morrisons will prob be the same although they did say they did have 30 hour jobs wen i asked. think maybe start looking into doing somthink else other than retail !!! this morrisons waitin game is a pain isnt it frown

its a waste of time for you and the interviewer really if you have stated you the min hours you would be able to accept, and also builds up your hopes..

yes at Morrisons interview they asked me the min i would be able to take and wrote it down, just hoping if i am lucky enough get offered a position then it'll be with the hours i said, as i can't afford to drop hours either.

fingers crossed for us hey, but i am getting a bit stressed watching for the postman every day verysorry
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 11:27am
Worst thing now... It's bank holiday weekend so no post
Till Tuesday. :-(
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 6:55pm
i did the same with morrisons and they wrote it down, but so did asda lol. oh no forgot bank hol, im fed up waitin, its stressing me out to . fingers crossed we here this week. thurs will be my 4 weeks. when did u have yours ? the 1st week?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 7:14pm
Yes mine will be 5 weeks Wednesday.
I'm gonna ring them Wednesday if No news.
Just wanna know one way or another.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 7:33pm
I think they are taking the pi55 now not letting people know, they told me the job would be to start at the end of August, that certainly isn't going to happen now is it?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 9:01pm
Upto now it's opening 10 October.
Shopfloor, tills etc start end sept.
So still time I guess.

But yes 5 weeks is a long time.
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 10:33pm
really 5 weeks. i have to give 4 weeks notice so hope they contact me intime ifi get a job. how many hours did u ask for free spirit ?
Posted By: Hoof_Hearted Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 10:45pm
I think they are taking the pi55 now not letting people know, they told me the job would be to start at the end of August, that certainly isn't going to happen now is it?

I thought you had taken a different job, or was that someone else?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 27th Aug 2011 10:48pm
really 5 weeks. i have to give 4 weeks notice so hope they contact me intime ifi get a job. how many hours did u ask for free spirit ?

Hi Happy
I said 20. 18 min. Only cos of there's a chance of
Progression in Morrisons, there isn't were I am now, even
After 5 years.
Now the kids are older I can be more flexible.
I have to give 1 week notice or I loose any holidays owing.

4 weeks ... Are you in management ?
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 28th Aug 2011 12:31pm
some inductions are starting september 10th, my friend is going to work in the cafe and she has her on the 10th september, ive got a few friends who are still waiting to hear aswell...

its stupid, they shouldnt give a time period if they arnt going to stick to it, when my friend called they said its still going to be another 2 weeks because of the large volume of aplicants they have had an also that they still have a pile of "maybe" applications....

hope tuesdays post brings some happy news for you

xxx
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 29th Aug 2011 8:08pm
hi free spirit, no im not in managment, when i asked how much noticed i had give in work they said month , think it beacuse we get pain monthly, but sure if i got a start date before that they cudnt stop me leaving ealier.i said i wanted 30 as already got a 25 hour contract, morrisons is a little less money than job im in now so i'll be soft to leave less it was for more hours.fingers crossed we hear this week, hopefully tomorrow, its getting on my nerves waitin, asda were back in touch the next week to my interview.just gutted couldnt take that .liked the thought of the admin role and asda was more money than job in now but not enough to afford to drop the 5.5 hours a week.not much a week but over a month , its like a weeks wage!
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 29th Aug 2011 8:12pm
if they dont get a move on they be opening the store without thr staff trained lol.
did u apply WLh27?
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 29th Aug 2011 8:24pm
hi free spirit, no im not in managment, when i asked how much noticed i had give in work they said month , think it beacuse we get pain monthly, but sure if i got a start date before that they cudnt stop me leaving ealier.i said i wanted 30 as already got a 25 hour contract, morrisons is a little less money than job im in now so i'll be soft to leave less it was for more hours.fingers crossed we hear this week, hopefully tomorrow, its getting on my nerves waitin, asda were back in touch the next week to my interview.just gutted couldnt take that .liked the thought of the admin role and asda was more money than job in now but not enough to afford to drop the 5.5 hours a week.not much a week but over a month , its like a weeks wage!

check your contract or they could hold ur pay back back for breach of contract.Usually a month for monthly paid
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 29th Aug 2011 10:43pm

Where I worked before were I am now was monthly pay.
But cos I wasn't management I only had to give a weeks notice.
Ring ACAS google for their number they'll confirm
For you.
I'm almost sure it's only a week.

Yes fingers crossed we hear this week.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 8:02am
yes happy i applied for morrisons and got a job on the checkouts (offer was sent to me last week)

and i agree that they could be opening with no staff at this rate, my start date is september 27th so they still not giving much time for training up the staff....

i wanted to apply for asda but when i tried it online they wouldnt let me because i had applied for another store in the last 6 months....
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 8:08am
yes happy i applied for morrisons and got a job on the checkouts (offer was sent to me last week)

and i agree that they could be opening with no staff at this rate, my start date is september 27th so they still not giving much time for training up the staff....

i wanted to apply for asda but when i tried it online they wouldnt let me because i had applied for another store in the last 6 months....

where you working or unemployed?
as the people who seam to have had job offers haven't got jobs already,
so am curious?
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 11:24am
I was unemployed, I left my job to be a full time mum for a year or so when my little boy was born... This is the 1st interview I had and got the job... Has the postman been to you today??
Posted By: arwen444 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 12:06pm
come on postman bring free_spirit some good news!
Posted By: Sallybear Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 12:23pm
I was in the job centre today to sign on (hopefully for the last time) and there was somebody who had been offered a Morrison's position starting on 12th September. I was really shocked when the staff said although there was a job offer, her benefits will stop if not actively seeking work until then. Instead of being supportive they were quite pushy with her over applying for other jobs and perhaps taking them until she starts there.

I still haven't heard by the way, although I did call to try and let someone know I had been offered another position somewhere else. I asked if there was a contact number and they said no, and took no info from me. I would have thought that info regarding someone dropping out would possibly help them but they were not interested. Grrrrrrrr.
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 1:22pm
I know people who have put in for transfers from one Morrisons store to the New Brighton store and they are still waiting to hear.

PB
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 2:06pm
Originally Posted by arwen444

Aww thanks. :-)
I'm not home yet only just finished work.
Will let you know if I hear anything
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 2:32pm
I was in the job centre today to sign on (hopefully for the last time) and there was somebody who had been offered a Morrison's position starting on 12th September. I was really shocked when the staff said although there was a job offer, her benefits will stop if not actively seeking work until then. Instead of being supportive they were quite pushy with her over applying for other jobs and perhaps taking them until she starts there.

I still haven't heard by the way, although I did call to try and let someone know I had been offered another position somewhere else. I asked if there was a contact number and they said no, and took no info from me. I would have thought that info regarding someone dropping out would possibly help them but they were not interested. Grrrrrrrr.

thats awful Sally on both parts....
they should be glad someone has agotten a job for themselves...

makes me mad..and they wonder why some people don' want to work!! thumbsdown
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 2:33pm
Originally Posted by arwen444

Aww thanks. :-)
I'm not home yet only just finished work.
Will let you know if I hear anything

home now...no post ..at all...grr
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 8:10pm
no post for me either frown 2 people i know got rejections over last couple of days and then another with a job offer.im not sure what the offer was as its a friend of a friend. i know quite few who are still waiting to hear. i've decided to give up hope on it now !!!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 8:16pm
no post for me either frown 2 people i know got rejections over last couple of days and then another with a job offer.im not sure what the offer was as its a friend of a friend. i know quite few who are still waiting to hear. i've decided to give up hope on it now !!!

dont give up, someone said they rang and were told could be another 2 weeks think
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 30th Aug 2011 10:51pm
That is SO bad, you would think they would've been interested in giving the position to someone else straight away, seeing that there are still loads of folk awaiting a reply! P.S I'm still awaiting a reply, into the 6th week now, as i had my interview on the 1st day!! I called today and was told that the last letters were being posted out 2nd class today, so should hear by Fri,, but then again i was told that last Fri too!! Seems like a lot of folk are getting told different things,, honesty wouldn't go a miss!!
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:33am
I also phoned them yesterday to be told about 90 more letters had been sent out yesterday by 1st class post and they were a mixture of job offers and rejections.... Can't cope with all this stress
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:36am
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
I also phoned them yesterday to be told about 90 more letters had been sent out yesterday by 1st class post and they were a mixture of job offers and rejections.... Can't cope with all this stress

well hopefully by friday, we'll know one way or the other,,,
fingers crossed hey..
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:42am

fingers crossed hey..

I agree seems to be a very long process with a lot of people waiting.....
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 6:41am

fingers crossed hey..

I agree seems to be a very long process with a lot of people waiting.....

I know plus if people have applied for other jobs
In meantime and maybe got offered a job they could be
Left hanging, undecided wether to take it on case
Morrisons offer them too.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 7:41am
i dont think they have handled the recruitment process very well, they left it way to late to start recruiting if they wanted all their staff trained up properly, i have a feeling on opening day alot of staff will be walking around not knowing what to do or if they are doing right or wrong...

i think the interview process was abit strange too, 5 people interviewing in one room..

they definatly need to get a move on, alot of people have different start dates aswell, like my neighbour is having her induction on the 12th sep and mine is on the 24th...
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 7:53am
i dont think they have handled the recruitment process very well, they left it way to late to start recruiting if they wanted all their staff trained up properly, i have a feeling on opening day alot of staff will be walking around not knowing what to do or if they are doing right or wrong...

i think the interview process was abit strange too, 5 people interviewing in one room..

they definatly need to get a move on, alot of people have different start dates aswell, like my neighbour is having her induction on the 12th sep and mine is on the 24th...

checkout staff don't need as long to train up on tills.
think diff departments need more training than others.
what are you & your friend going to be working?
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 7:54am
It doesnt look good for the people who are still waiting. I had my reply last wednesday offering me the job and the forms i had to fill in had to be in by the day before I received it. very weird!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 8:07am
Originally Posted by TRFCKrisTRFC
It doesnt look good for the people who are still waiting. I had my reply last wednesday offering me the job and the forms i had to fill in had to be in by the day before I received it. very weird!

well done,
when do you start? what dept

on the other hand lots of people got rejection letters 3 weeks ago,
so the people waiting could have a job/not have a job offer..
gotta keep positive smile

also the people waiting, most of them have had their references requested 5 weeks ago.
so if it was a defo no, surely they would've heard by now?

its all the hands of the postman i guess... confused
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 9:19am
22nd September, I have to attend an induction day at tranmere rovers then go from there. I got grocery/checkouts, 27 hours per week!
Posted By: webbfish Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 9:30am
This is my first post, so please be gentle.....
I too have applied for a Morrisons New Brighton post, 4 weeks yesterday I had my interview and still nothing. I phoned yesterday, to be told that the last of the letters had now gone out and that I would know probably by Friday.......I think this ties in with a previous reply. Good Luck to those who are waiting, webbfish
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 9:32am
Originally Posted by TRFCKrisTRFC
22nd September, I have to attend an induction day at tranmere rovers then go from there. I got grocery/checkouts, 27 hours per week!

Nice 1. Good luck
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 9:33am
Originally Posted by webbfish
This is my first post, so please be gentle.....
I too have applied for a Morrisons New Brighton post, 4 weeks yesterday I had my interview and still nothing. I phoned yesterday, to be told that the last of the letters had now gone out and that I would know probably by Friday.......I think this ties in with a previous reply. Good Luck to those who are waiting, webbfish

Hi and welcome :-)

Good luck & let us know when you hear.
Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 9:52am
Welcome and best of luck smile
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 12:13pm
Ref Daffy,,, see what i mean?? We all keep getting told diff information,, nothing arrived for me 2day frown Still waiting,,, and yes, the stress levels are bad at the mo frown
Good luck,, hope u get the news u are waiting to hear
Let's us know ok? I will post a comment up for folk, whenever i hear anything.. :O) In the meantime, keep smiling :O)
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 12:25pm
My mate got a phone call today telling him he has been succesful.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 12:26pm
i got checkouts and my friend will be working in the cafe....

hope you all get some good news soon

xxx
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 2:41pm
i just got home to a rejection letter

worse thing is, life at work could get bad for me now as they had requested ref off ex work collegue which i know was good,
but also off my manager...
who i know now will make my life hell at work once she finds out...

she said she did a really good ref..(which i do deserve as always on time, do my work etc)
but how do i know she did?

off tomorrow but admit a bit worried about work now...

can i ask for a copy of the ref that she sent to morrisons?
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:11pm
I dont think your allowed to give a bad reference you can refuse to give one but cant give a bad one,
I still havent heard from morrisons an its been 5 weeks now, dont think i will be getting in either.
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:39pm
oh no free spirit really sorry to hear that frown. my friends brother got a rejection this morning and his mate got a full time job offer yesterday. another friend also recieved a rejection letter today. im still waitin, no post for me again frown
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:46pm
i also dont think your allowed to give a bad ref !
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 5:53pm
oh no free spirit really sorry to hear that frown. my friends brother got a rejection this morning and his mate got a full time job offer yesterday. another friend also recieved a rejection letter today. im still waitin, no post for me again frown

Thanks happy,
good luck hun...fingers crossed for you..
i beleive some people were called today and offered jobs too
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 31st Aug 2011 10:09pm
Oh im so sorry to hear that "Free Spirit" :o(
You have been waiting ages like me and then that!
I hope work goes ok for you and your manager doesn't give you a hard time,,If they now know that you are unhappy there and wanting to leave,, it might go in your favour, more money, hours etc, you never know? I wish you all the best anyway, and no,, they can't give out a bad reference by the way,, can only refuse to supply one,, ps,, i'm still waiting :o( Debzy x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 1st Sep 2011 6:54am
Originally Posted by debzy
I hope work goes ok for you and your manager doesn't give you a hard time,,If they now know that you are unhappy there and wanting to leave,, it might go in your favour, more money, hours etc, you never know? I wish you all the best anyway, and no,, they can't give out a bad reference by the way,, can only refuse to supply one,, ps,, i'm still waiting :o( Debzy x

thanks hun,

had a chat with morrisons yesterday, feel bit better now...
ref was fine...

good luck to everyone waiting x
Posted By: Daffy3240 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 1st Sep 2011 9:53am

thanks hun,

had a chat with morrisons yesterday, feel bit better now...
ref was fine...

good luck to everyone waiting x

if you dont mind me asking what did they tell you when you called yesterday?? x
Posted By: webbfish Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 1st Sep 2011 1:22pm
Got my rejection letter in the post this morning, Stuart Kempster is too busy today but one of his staff has promised me that he will phone me tomorrow atl some stage for feedback.........webbfish
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 1st Sep 2011 1:23pm
Originally Posted by webbfish
Got my rejection letter in the post this morning, Stuart Kempster is too busy today but one of his staff has promised me that he will phone me tomorrow atl some stage for feedback.........webbfish

sorry to hear that, i know how you feel, especially after waiting for so long..
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 12:07am
I am very sorry to hear you got a rejection letter. I got mine a few weeks ago and, naturally, I wasn't too happy. Did get feedback, though, so am grateful for that.

It is very hard to cope with rejection. I HATE it. You just feel as if you are getting nowhere.

This recession is HORRIBLE. When oh when are things going to get better?

Anway, chin up. Hope things work out for you soon.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 6:34am
keep ya chin up.
i was dissapointed when i got my letter, but after a long chat with Stuart i felt lots better..and knowing the reason why i got a letter..was a positive reason, helped.

i'm not dwelling on it, would've been nice to leave where i work now...

but you need to keep a positive mental attitude or it'll eat away at you before you know it...
keep trying i'm sure something will come about soon for you happy
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 8:26am

hiya
have you heard anything yet? fingers crossed for you happy
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:05am
Does anyone know a phone number I could ring because the postman has been an still no letter, had my interview in July ?
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:10am
hi Danielle,, the number is 0151.357 1074..
good luck,, i called yesterday and was told that the last letters were posted out on tues by 2nd class post, we should hear by 2day! But they also stated that they are still sending out letters,,as they have now had rejections,,so had to go thru applications again,,as they have to fill the rejections! Debzy x
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:16am
That's great thanks debzy well the postman has been today and there's no letter so maybe tomorrow but I'll give them a ring thanks
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:20am
You're very welcome,,good luck,,hope u get some nice news :o)
I had my interview on the 1st day,,so i have had a very long wait,, 6 weeks now! Still waiting for my postie to turn up,, but they told me it could be another couple of days yesterday when i called them.. time will tell i guess. x
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:31am
Just rang and they said I should hear by Wednesday they said the same as what they said to you about the rejections and stuff fingers crossed thanks for the number good luck debzy
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:33am
Well I had mine on the last week in July so I can't moan really if you've been waiting that long hope we both get some good news been watching the postman for weeks
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 10:45am
Thanks for the reply,, all news is greatfully read! Yes, the wait is just too long,, i wish u lots of luck, along with a lot of other folk who are still waiting to hear anything..hopefully we will all get good news & will all be working there soon :o) Can't believe we could still be waiting for another 5 days !! x
Posted By: nat873 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 11:02am
Hi, i agree this is far too long a time to wait. Sick of lookin out for the postman now, driving me mad. They're not too professional are they? If this is how they treat their potential staff, imagine how they treat their staff now?
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 12:25pm
Yeh good luck to everyone ! I no I can't believe it could be another 5 days it had been a long wait I only want part time hours for a bit of extra money while I'm in uni, but hopefully I'll hear something before I go back
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 12:58pm
Hi Nat,,yes it does make me wonder, im just frustrated that they keep telling folk different info when they call up to enquire! The staff are probably getting frustrated with all the phone calls, but what do they expect when we are told we would hear in 3 weeks after the interviews,,then still waiting after 6 weeks. The lastest now is that we could be waiting up until next WED as they are still posting out letters to folk,,due to rejections etc..Im just hoping that we all get good news after all of this! Coz i know if i get the opportunity, i will certainly be holding onto the job,, till i retire!! haha x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 2nd Sep 2011 3:14pm
Originally Posted by daniellesmith31
Yeh good luck to everyone ! I no I can't believe it could be another 5 days it had been a long wait I only want part time hours for a bit of extra money while I'm in uni, but hopefully I'll hear something before I go back

another 5 days why?
i waited 6 weeks for my letter, was bad enough..
i feel for everyone waiting and can't understand why so long?

good luck all happy
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 10:04am
my post man has been still no post, but i know some one who got a rejection tuesday then got a job offer threw yest , very strange isnt it.never known such an un organised process in all my life, they should done what asda did and ring people, then if people rejected the job they could just ring the next person and so on,be alot quicker than 700 2nd class letters. with asda had interview 3 days after they contacted me, then had job offer 9 days after interview, seemed such a better process
good luck to every1 who still hasnt heard, hopefully will all hear monday. i dont think its looking to positive for me as i was looking for 30 hours
Posted By: ojoe55 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 11:02am
Got my rejection yesterday after all this time references taken I'm gutted. The whole process has been a farce. Will black the store and the firm !!!!
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 11:49am
Hi ojoe,,Well i'm sorry to hear that, think that's probably gonna happen to me next..Still waiting for a letter, had interview on the 1st day & will be into week 7 next week....just so unfair to make people wait so long,,, and as for the comment above,, someone getting a rejection, then 3 days later an offer, that just goes to show that they are now trying to fill the positions that people have had to turn down... Im now wondering what it will be like on their day of opening,,, will the staff be trained enough to know what they are doing? Keep your spirits up,, that means that there is something better around the corner for you Debzy :O) x
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 11:54am
Hi Happy... you, me & many others i know still waiting to hear anything :o( As for your friend getting a rejection, then a job offer,,, they are trying to fill the positions that people have had to turn down,,just worrying about all of us that haven't heard a thing,,lets hope we all get something at the end of this very long wait we've had to endure!!! Good luck.. Debzy :o) x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 1:59pm
Originally Posted by ojoe55
Got my rejection yesterday after all this time references taken I'm gutted. The whole process has been a farce. Will black the store and the firm !!!!

hiya, keep ya chin up, i had my interview wednesday of first week, references where called 2 days later,
got my rejection this week..
its harder as the wait was so long

keep positive something will come along soon x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 2:01pm
my post man has been still no post, but i know some one who got a rejection tuesday then got a job offer threw yest , very strange isnt it.never known such an un organised process in all my life, they should done what asda did and ring people, then if people rejected the job they could just ring the next person and so on,be alot quicker than 700 2nd class letters. with asda had interview 3 days after they contacted me, then had job offer 9 days after interview, seemed such a better process
good luck to every1 who still hasnt heard, hopefully will all hear monday. i dont think its looking to positive for me as i was looking for 30 hours

yes i agree, poss better to ring then if the person can't accept, move to the next,
as if people have got letters and can't take the job for one reason or another then morriosns will have to await thier reply, then choose the next person along...
a very long process...

keep positive, you haven't had a rejection yet, so i see that as looking good happy
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 3rd Sep 2011 6:37pm
again i had nothing in the post, and im in the posistion with asda not heard from them either. how can people have been rejected and offered a job when some people are still waiting on one of them the whole thing is ridiculous.
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 4th Sep 2011 6:10pm
emajao when did u have your asda interview?
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 4th Sep 2011 6:57pm
17th august
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 4th Sep 2011 7:06pm
i had mine the 16th
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 4th Sep 2011 7:54pm
and theyve already contacted you offering you a job?
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 4th Sep 2011 8:12pm
yeah the rang me the next week. but did u get email other day sayin they are still holding the magic days so dont worry if u havnt heard?
Posted By: nat873 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 9:17am
Hi all, finally heard from morrisons this morning after 6 weeks of waiting, was a rejection letter. How depressing it is. Hopefully will hear better news from asda.
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 10:31am
Hi Nat,,, im so sorry to hear this news,, my friend had a rejection letter 2day too,, after now starting the 7th week of waiting :O( Im still awaiting the postie,, im into week 7 now also,, dreading the post now,, as i feel a rejection letter is on its way to me too :O( May i wish u all the best & hopefully something really good will come along soon Debzy x
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 10:46am
Very sorry to hear of your Morrisons job rejection. I can certainly empathise with you here, as I had one myself. It just makes you feel as if you have wasted your time going to the interviews, doesn't it?

Anyway, chin up. Hope something turns up for you soon.
Posted By: beckie85 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 10:52am
Have also received rejection letter this morning after waiting six weeks
Posted By: daniellesmith31 Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 11:16am
Finally received a rejection letter after a 6 week wait ! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear !
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 12:09pm
hi all

a few of my friends got rejection letters today too..
i got mine last week..even though references where called on 29th july, 2 days after interview... confused

apart from Sallybear and one other on here i know of no one who has actually had a job offer?! confused

we are wondering if all the jobs have been given to unemployed people even before we had interviews?
and maybe we are back up in case they need more staff if people leave or the shops does better than expected?

coffee
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 4:41pm
i also recived a rejection today and so did a few other people i know.
i was thinking the same along the lines of think jobs may been given to un empolyed people ( no affence to any1 )as every1 i know who are currently working in big store and shops all got refjections but every1 i know who were un employed got offered a job.
had feeling i'd get a rejection as stated i didnt want anything under 30 hours.
good luck to the ones wh are still waiting to hear
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 4:42pm
did any ones letter say they would be kept on for the future?
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 5:15pm
did any ones letter say they would be kept on for the future?

hi happy, sorry about your letter..
just replied to your other post
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 8:44pm
I also got a rejection letter from morrisons today (Im unemployed) but i couldnt care less because an hour before the letter came i got a call from asda saying ive got a posistion with them, 24 hours a week, absolutly buzzin, that was my preference, no travel costs either. good luck to everyone still waiting
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 9:25pm
That's brill news,, well pleased for ya Wishing u all the best in your new job :O) I'm STILL waiting!! Grrrrrrr x
Posted By: emajao Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 9:32pm
Thanks debzy heres hopin u get some good news too, did u apply for asda?
Posted By: happy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 9:36pm
well done emajao smile what are u going to be doin in asda?
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 5th Sep 2011 9:51pm
Hiya,,no i missed out on that,,but have applied for a catering job within it... well i think it is,,said within a large supermarket in Birkenhead... not heard anything as yet tho,, closing date was Fri,,so time yet i guess,,, was told they hope to do interviews this week tho! will just carry on trying to find something,,, i do a lot of voluntary work to keep me busy and it's very worthwhile wot i do ,,just need to get a paid position somewhere tho, but again,,well done for getting in with Asda,, all the best to ya ;o) x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 5:20am
Hiya,,no i missed out on that,,but have applied for a catering job within it... well i think it is,,said within a large supermarket in Birkenhead... not heard anything as yet tho,, closing date was Fri,,so time yet i guess,,, was told they hope to do interviews this week tho! will just carry on trying to find something,,, i do a lot of voluntary work to keep me busy and it's very worthwhile wot i do ,,just need to get a paid position somewhere tho, but again,,well done for getting in with Asda,, all the best to ya ;o) x

hope you hear back from them, good luck

and your positive attitude is fab, well done on the voluntary work happy :
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 8:22am
Aw thanks so much,,well the voluntary work is something i will defo keep up when i get a paid job too,,one of the jobs i do i've had to put on hold,, but the other 2 i do are just great :o) one is "as & when needed in my own time" the other is counselling one eve per week (min) I find the skills u learn from them are really important & also keeps the ole brain ticking over! ha x
Posted By: muffin Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 11:59am
any news debzy on your job x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 12:26pm
Aw thanks so much,,well the voluntary work is something i will defo keep up when i get a paid job too,,one of the jobs i do i've had to put on hold,, but the other 2 i do are just great :o) one is "as & when needed in my own time" the other is counselling one eve per week (min) I find the skills u learn from them are really important & also keeps the ole brain ticking over! ha x

Brill!
counselling sounds really interesting i would'nt mind doing something like that
now the kids are older, but haven't a clue how to find out about things like that?

Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 3:37pm
hi Muffin,,Well after 7 weeks of waiting,,got no post 2day,,so i got on the phone only to be told that all letters have gone out,, they don't know why i havent received it,, all the jobs that people had turned down,, have now been accepted,,all the letters that went out ( the people that have been waiting this long) are all rejection letters! Really gutted i must say, as i am unemployed, even went on a training course to prepare for it, pre employment thing that was done through the jobcentre,,,all for nothing,,, but i met some really nice people on the course, so one good thing came out of it.. x
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 3:43pm
Hi Free spirit,, Well im now a trained counsellor for "childline" in Liverpool,,, its a long process from start to finish,, once u get accepted on the training programme tho,, it's done over 11 weeks,, I really enjoy it & i know it makes a great difference to the lives of a lot of Young people :o)
If u would like to know more about it.. let me know & i will explain how to go about starting it.
Oh,, i didnt get a job at Morrisons by the way :o( I've explained it on "Muffins" post.... Hope you've had a good day x
Posted By: free_spirit Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 4:02pm
Hi Free spirit,, Well im now a trained counsellor for "childline" in Liverpool,,, its a long process from start to finish,, once u get accepted on the training programme tho,, it's done over 11 weeks,, I really enjoy it & i know it makes a great difference to the lives of a lot of Young people :o)
If u would like to know more about it.. let me know & i will explain how to go about starting it.
Oh,, i didnt get a job at Morrisons by the way :o( I've explained it on "Muffins" post.... Hope you've had a good day x

hi
sorry you never got the job, bit naighty you not getting a letter,
did they ask your name?

hopefully something will turn up very soon for you
yes it sounds interesting, thanks i'll send you a private message now x
Posted By: debzy Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 5:58pm
Hiya...email sent good luck,, hope u find it useful x
Posted By: muffin Re: I wish Morrisons would reply... - 6th Sep 2011 8:32pm
Good luck on you first day in your new job x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral