Forums
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 9:23am
I finally received my Morrison's job rejection.

Needless to say, I am feeling extremely depressed and demoralised.

Did anybody else get a rejection?

Am contemplating requesting feedback, and presume the Head Office address at the bottom of the letter is the one to contact?
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:14am
Further to my previous post about my Morrison's job rejection, just wondering if anybody knows the EXACT email address or phone number of the New Brighton store manager, so that I can contact him for feedback.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:19am
Hi sorry to hear that.
Try keep ur spirits up and keep looking.

I'm almost 100% positive that the new Brighton
Manager is Stuart kempster who is the manager
Of ellesmere port store ATM.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:31am
Oh dear sorry to hear this.

That's a good idea to contact them for feedback.
They will then know that you are interested to know what criteria,if any,that you did not meet.This may help them decide who to contact for future positions.I would imagine that the new employees will be on a six week trial and then dismissed if not suitable.Also there will be those who don't like the job and leave!
Try not to be too down,it's not always the end of the road for you where Morrison's is concerned.
Chin up chuck!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:32am
What was the position you applied for?
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:50am
Hiya. Thanks for your reply. I applied for two posts: Checkout Operator and Shop Floor. Unfortunately, as I later learned that the shop floor job required heavy lifting in the warehouse, I had to tell Mr Kempster (who interviewed me) that I would not be able to do this due to having back problems, but told him that the checkout would be no problem. He seemed to appreciate this, so I doubt whether this would have gone against my application.

So, yeah, as I say, it was Mr Kempster who interviewed, so I need to contact him for feedback. I am feeling very, very demoralised and depressed today, as I thought I might have stood a good chance considering there were around 297 jobs on offer. Still, I was told by the Jobcentre that they DID have over 1,000 applications, so I suppose it's just the luck of the draw.

Still can't help feeling very disappointed though.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 11:17am
Don't let it get to you.
I'm sure we have all had job rejections in the past, just carry on trying, you will get one soon.
They told you which is a good point, mOst of them don't even bother getting back in touch.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 11:21am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Don't let it get to you.
I'm sure we have all had job rejections in the past, just carry on trying, you will get one soon.
They told you which is a good point, mOst of them don't even bother getting back in touch.

withthat
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 11:38am
When did u have ur interview?

Yes keep trying, go thing will come along soon.

Have u tried the welsh poultry factories?
They take on often and they pick u up and drop u off
By coach everyday.
Try Grampian just by deeside.
Money is good too.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 12:00pm
Had my interview two weeks last Wednesday.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 12:07pm
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
Had my interview two weeks last Wednesday.

i had mine then, 27th july
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 12:18pm
Really? Have you had the result yet? I was gutted when I opened the envelope this morning to see the rejection.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 12:20pm
nope, not heard anything as of yet..haven't even seen the postman pass today..

i bet you were , especially when you don't know why..
are you gonna contact them for feedback?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 12:26pm
Really sorry about this, I know you have had a hard time lately with feeling down over your job situation. I haven't heard from them myself yet, or from any of the other jobs I had applied for over the last 6 weeks. Feels rubbish. PLEASE don't let it get to you, you did SO well just to get an interview. They received 1800 applications, 6oo for interview so you did well to get that far.

Definitely go for some feedback. Do a search for HR on their website, I rang them for some info a while back and they were great to chat to I am sure they would be able to put you in touch with the right person.

In the mean time I am going to start running a drop in Job Support group, haven't finalised the details but I would really appreciate if you came along, not just to get some support yourself, but I need some help to set this up. I live in Oxton not too far from Claughton Village I don't know where you are, but get in touch.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 1:28pm
So sorry to hear about your job rejection, keep ur chin up, sounds like what sallybear is doing would be good for you.
Have you got a driving licence?
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 3:16pm
So sorry to hear this!!
Posted By: happy Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 3:29pm
sorry to hear this, some body i know also recieved a rejection letter today, they had their interview on the last day of interviews (last friday ). stuart is the current hr manager in ellsemere port as i have contacted him there before my interview .
Posted By: sparky Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 4:09pm
I got my Morrisons rejection letter this morning, I to am absolutely devastated. Thought I would be in with a chance as I applied for Customer Service and shop floor.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 4:46pm
Originally Posted by sparky
I got my Morrisons rejection letter this morning, I to am absolutely devastated. Thought I would be in with a chance as I applied for Customer Service and shop floor.

i'm sorry to hear this, keep positive, i'm sure something will come up for you soon
Sorry to hear that Sparky. Good luck with job hunting
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:15pm
Originally Posted by free_spirit
Hi sorry to hear that.

Stuart Kempster is the HR manager at Ellesmere Port.
Adrian Poultney is the store manager for New Brighton he had nothing to do with the interviews this was done by the personnel department,
Adrian was the West Kirby manager but has been promoted to New Brighton when is opens in October.
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:18pm
Hi sorry to hear that.

Ellesmere Port manager is someone called Dawn, sorry I can't remember the surname.
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:27pm
Hiya. Thanks for your reply. I applied for two posts: Checkout Operator and Shop Floor. Unfortunately, as I later learned that the shop floor job required heavy lifting in the warehouse, I had to tell Mr Kempster (who interviewed me) that I would not be able to do this due to having back problems, but told him that the checkout would be no problem. He seemed to appreciate this, so I doubt whether this would have gone against my application.

So, yeah, as I say, it was Mr Kempster who interviewed, so I need to contact him for feedback. I am feeling very, very demoralised and depressed today, as I thought I might have stood a good chance considering there were around 297 jobs on offer. Still, I was told by the Jobcentre that they DID have over 1,000 applications, so I suppose it's just the luck of the draw.

They had to take on (as part of the deal to get the store) 95% of people on the dole, if you already had a job you had almost no chance.

The key people taken on internally already work for Morrisons, my son also got a rejection letter today and he had previously worked for Morrisons.

Posted By: arwen444 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:32pm
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff. the rest were from the interviews. they would not have had such a massive recruitment for only about thirty places for the rest if the 95% figure is true. my daughter also didnt get in but i did.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:33pm

They had to take on (as part of the deal to get the store) 95% of people on the dole, if you already had a job you had almost no chance.

The key people taken on internally already work for Morrisons, my son also got a rejection letter today and he had previously worked for Morrisons.

[/quote]
i know a few ppl who were working already that have been taken on into admin & cash office jobs..they didn't work for morrisons though..but for quite large busy stores like myself...

try again after christmas as a lot of people leave when big stores open, either don't like the job or not suitable,,
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:34pm
Originally Posted by arwen444
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff. the rest were from the interviews. they would not have had such a massive recruitment for only about thirty places for the rest if the 95% figure is true. my daughter also didnt get in but i did.

i've also heard that too...and also know that it wasn't 95% of the jobs for unemployed..
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:36pm
out of curiosity, did the people who who got rejection letters already have a job?
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:38pm
my daughter has a saturday job so maybe that was the case.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:40pm
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff. the rest were from the interviews. they would not have had such a massive recruitment for only about thirty places for the rest if the 95% figure is true. my daughter also didnt get in.

i've also heard that too...and also know that it wasn't 95% of the jobs for unemployed..

ITS A DAMN OUTRAGE!!! mad

People on the dole should come 1st!

I could run this country better than those idiots we have running it!

I`m working but if i were to steal work from the unemployed like this i would feel guilty, shame on you all that are working already. hand
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 5:56pm
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff. the rest were from the interviews. they would not have had such a massive recruitment for only about thirty places for the rest if the 95% figure is true. my daughter also didnt get in.

ITS A DAMN OUTRAGE!!! mad

People on the dole should come 1st!

I could run this country better than those idiots we have running it!

I`m working but if i were to steal work from the unemployed like this i would feel guilty, shame on you all that are working already. hand

whats wrong if people want to better themselves, or get more hours, have a chance to improve their skills?

if they got a job, then their current jobs would be available for someone else...
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 6:01pm
Shame on knowone, people who already have jobs have every right to go for a different job, don't know the circumstances then don't comment. Some people apply for jobs when they suspect there current job isn't safe or if they want to improve themselves or earn extra money, some people do more than 1 job.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 6:08pm
Originally Posted by Spannerhead
Shame on knowone, people who already have jobs have every right to go for a different job, don't know the circumstances then don't comment. Some people apply for jobs when they suspect there current job isn't safe or if they want to improve themselves or earn extra money, some people do more than 1 job.

thanks,

exactly, a few years back i left my job for another as we knew it was going under, big dept store, (now closing this week) and i couldn't take a chance on being jobless so looked for another..

as said above, ppl don't know circumstances...
Posted By: sparky Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 6:12pm
I only work 5 hours a week and I have been to 5 interviews in the last 2 months including Morrisons and got rejections for all of them.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 6:13pm
i dont agree with peeps on the dole getting 1st choice, depending how long they have been on benefits, i would not like to take someone on who has been on the dole for 5 years plus,
there is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 6:52pm
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff.

Were these people taken on without interview ie. are you saying they took on x amount of staff that are doleys or disabled, without putting them through a fair and normal recruitment process?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 7:07pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
they took on 80 from the dole and 30 disabled staff.

Were these people taken on without interview ie. are you saying they took on x amount of staff that are doleys or disabled, without putting them through a fair and normal recruitment process?

if thats the case its not right, equal rights
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 7:24pm
i believe the unemployed had help with interview tecnique etc as i know being unemployed for however long can have an effect on confidence and self esteem so a fair help i think. they were however still interviewed.
Posted By: WLH27 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 8:10pm
oh im really sorry to hear that, hope you find something soon..

i still havent heard anything from them, im not feeling very positive so im expecting a rejection letter on monday....
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 9:54pm
I don't agree that people on the dole should get first pick, someone might want a new jon for more hours or closer to home or might not get on with the manager at the current job.

However I then know at this time, when people leave jobs to go else where like new stores etc, alot of people can't be replaced due to the company trying to save money etc.
Posted By: missj Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 10:25pm
I tried to apply for a position but the bloody job centre had us running thru hoops before an interview was even on the cards....job fair after job fair. I work 16 hours and have been trying to get more hours since christmas, I have 2 kids to raise alone and need every penny I can earn. Its not about "stealing" jobs, the 16 hours I would have vacated would leave the way for someone else to fill - possibly right on their doorstep as opposed to me driving for an 18 mile roundtrip twice a week! I'm sure the reality of working will be too much for some people and there are those who just don't make the grade...Chin up to all who've missed out this time, you'll pick up a job no doubt, once they've sorted the wheat from the chaff...in the meantime keep trying and good luck.
People not on the dole still got interviews and a chance though, it's not like they only chose the unemployed. I think it's a good idea anyway, the less people on benefits, the better grin
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 11:11pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
I think it's a good idea anyway, the less people on benefits, the better grin

Is right mate! laugh

smirk So some one agrees they should give the peeps on the job lookers money a placement 1st!!!
smirk So some one agrees they should give the peeps on the job lookers money a placement 1st!!!

Yeah definitely, I'm actually quite surprised more people on here aren't in favour of it! When so many of us complain about people sitting around on benefits that we're paying for etc etc but then say they shouldn't have a better chance of getting a job confused
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 13th Aug 2011 11:29pm
Why should anyone get a job handed to them, jobless, disabled or otherwise? How about giving the jobs to the right candidates, and not just handing out jobs to people who tick the right boxes with regards government and local authority unemployment targets?

I would prefer it if they just got all the long-term "I don't wanna work" doleys working for the community, doing the same as "community payback" (community service) workers, after all it is the majority of the community who pay their taxes, which fund their lives on benefits.

If they'd prefer not to participate in such schemes, the alternatives would be simple, lose entitlement to benefits, or get a job (fairly).

Plenty of people will be leaving university right now, who will for the first time, be faced with unemployment (uni students are not classed as unemployed, as they are in full-time education) as the current, severe lack of professional opportunities punishes them - is it right that a dolite should be handed a job, whereas someone who has worked hard for 5 years in optional, further education, should stand no chance simply because they have chosen to try and better themselves and their future prospects.

smile
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:11am
Very sorry to hear you too got a rejection letter this morning. Obviously, I can share great empathy with you here.

The job situation in this country stinks at the moment, and it doesn't show any signs yet of getting better.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:13am
I don't have a job, so I don't know why they knocked me back. Hopefully, I'll get some feedback.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:18am
Why shouldn't someone have a job handed to them?

Employer needs labour, labourer needs money, employer pays labourer in exchange for his labour.

Getting the best person for the job is the employers responsibility, not the employees.

If it is up to the employee to find the best job for him, we would have an extremely unstable employment market as nearly every job would be a stepping stone, not long term stable employment.

As nobody has really found a viable way of assessing prospective employee's future performance (effort, skill and reliability), who's to say who is the "right candidate"?

The more times that I hear consultants saying that money is not a prime motivator, the less I trust them. Somebody that has been on their backside financially for a long time may be much more motivated in maintaining a new found income.

If I was recruiting and someone came to me saying "I've been skint too long, I need the money" I would see it as a positive.

Some truth, some tongue-in-cheek wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:20am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
As nobody has really found a viable way of assessing prospective employee's future performance (effort, skill and reliability)

Alex is a man of many skills haha grin
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:57am
[youtube]1gKX9TWRyfs[/youtube]
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 9:13am
I think your missing the point, what most people on here are saying is a job vacancy should be open to everyone regardless of personal circumstances, it's called equal opportunity. I'm all for helping people get back into work i.e. Help with interview techniques etc but giving someone the job just to shorten the job centre queue is ridiculous. People don't complain about people being on benefits, it's the people who sit on there arse & don't try to get a job that pisses people off.
Sorry to here people have had rejection letters. Keep your chin up there is a job waiting around the corner for you. Good luck with your next interview.
But if less people are on benefits and people who didn't get the jobs already have jobs, then that's a good thing! I'd understand if we were talking about a professional job or something but you're hardly 'bettering' yourself with a cashier job at Morrisons...
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 9:32am
But if less people are on benefits and people who didn't get the jobs already have jobs, then that's a good thing! I'd understand if we were talking about a professional job or something but you're hardly 'bettering' yourself with a cashier job at Morrisons...
Well it could be if say you worked at Farmfoods or Poundland!
Yeah it'd probably be nicer than those places, but those people still had a chance to get the jobs, not as much chance obviously!
Posted By: arwen444 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 9:36am
for people with difficult and challenging home circumstances then any job even a cashier job is bettering yourself someone has to do it and it is by no means the pond life of jobs. i for one feel very lucky that they gave me a job despite not having worked for ten years (and no i wasnt unemployed) they did not ask about my employment circumstances and it didnt put them off that i hadnt worked. personal health was a factor as they dont want to take someone on that will be off sick with an exsisting problem. its everyman for himself in the job market, there is only you can sell yourself
I meant a shop job probably isn't bettering yourself if you've already got a job.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 9:55am
it's all about keeping yourself, of course money comes into it but if you want your self respect to remain intact you do whatever it takes. Being a cashier in a retail outlet is not demeaning, if everyone had such a high opinion of themselves that they won't do anything which they consider beneath them there would be an even bigger benefits line. I'm speaking as someone who has cleaned bogs, picked potatoes and sprouts, worked on a pie production line, car production line and other stuff as well. If I wanted money I went and worked for it. I wouldn't dream of knocking anyone for the job they did. I'm retired now of course.
Posted By: sparky Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 9:58am
I am classed as unemployed even though I work 5 hours a week, I didn't get to go on any interview technique courses. Anyone been transfered to a work programme by the jobcentre. If you have been unemployed for 18 months they refer you to this - a private company who help you look for jobs. I go to The Lauries Centre every week, they put you on courses like interview techniques, letter and CV writing. I only go to the jobcentre to sign on.
I didn't say it was demeaning! I just meant to people who were saying 'why shouldn't you be able to better yourself', it's a silly idea that a cashier job is more 'bettering' for someone already with a job than for someone with no job at all! I've had a cashier job, in sports direct! So I definitely don't see myself as 'above' cashiers.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 11:59am
I meant a shop job probably isn't bettering yourself if you've already got a job.

Well it is if the shop job is more hours and better pay then then job your all ready in.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:28pm
Originally Posted by SUExx

Well it is if the shop job is more hours and better pay then then job your all ready in.

well said SUExx smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 12:34pm
One thing that should be remembered is that "bettering yourself" is subjective and different people value different things differently.

Somebody that has worked 9 to 5 all their life might find they better themselves by taking a lower paid evening job giving themselves the daytimes free to to what what they want.

Some people just want more money, whether they need it or not.

Some like power and like to be in charge of as many people as possible.

Some people like problem/trouble shooting.

Some people like to be able to switch off and do their job function automatically without mental effort.

There is often conflict between the money/power people than the others because each cannot understand the others attitude and ambition.

To me, a job is a job, you shouldn't sell your life and sole to it, however it is a bonus if you enjoy some aspects of your job and your attitude towards the job should be largely governed by your employers attitude to you, its a very much give and take situation.

Many kids are told you should find a job/career you enjoy, I think reality is far removed from that, they are being given unrealistic expectations. They should first decide what they want from life and then try to find an occupation that enables that.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 2:38pm
This subject seems to have wandered far, far away from its original topic of my Morrison's job rejection, turning into something akin to a philosophical rant!
Its called a "progressive discussion" wink
Posted By: happy Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 4:48pm
well said missj ,i totally agree with u,mine is similar situation, i need more hours as also have a child to bring up on my own and things dont come cheap
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 5:39pm
I heard today that Morrisons had about 2000 applicants but only interview about 700 for close on 200 positions, even so that's nearly 100 to 1 so I wouldn't feel rejected too much based on those sort of odds.
Also there is a very strong possibility that when the store is operational they will recruit more people, They've had their fingers burnt by opening new stores in Connah's Quay and Saltney and fully manned them but they have not made the anticipated customer (or profit forecast) so will not recruit fully at this stage in New Brighton but tend to have a skeleton crew initially.

PB
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 5:53pm
That's 10 to 1, not 100 to 1. For those who have been for an interview, it would be like 3.5 to 1 give or take.

wink
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 14th Aug 2011 6:04pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
That's 10 to 1, not 100 to 1. For those who have been for an interview, it would be like 3.5 to 1 give or take.

wink

How did that extra "0" get in there?

PB
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 11:14am
Hi Paintboffin. Thanks for elucidating on the Morrisons recruitment procedure. Your post did make me feel a little better knowing that I wasn't the only one that got rejected, as obviously there were hundreds of other people who didn't make it either. This is the problem when applying for jobs these days: more applicants than there are jobs. It's like a lucky dip now even getting to interview stage!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 2:09pm
thats right...at least we all had interviews...there were around 1300 who never even got that far..

keep your chin up and don't give up looking
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 5:03pm
Further to my previous post about my Morrison's job rejection, just wondering if anybody knows the EXACT email address or phone number of the New Brighton store manager, so that I can contact him for feedback.

hi
did you get in touch regarding feedback?
Posted By: happy Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 6:42pm
my friend got a rejetion letter today and rang stuart for feed back, he said he was really nice and that she had got a high score but others had gotten higher
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 6:51pm
Originally Posted by happy
my friend got a rejetion letter today and rang stuart for feed back, he said he was really nice and that she had got a high score but others had gotten higher

thats good, but would help if they could explain a bit more, so we know what these interviewers and companys are looking for?
if what i'm trying to say makes sense?...
Posted By: happy Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 7:31pm
i know what u mean , morrisons is first job i've applied for to be honest so guess i cant really complain.i supposed they do look for people with experience, but also bubbly people and people who stand out. but i've also heard that the dont look for people with experience. so i havnt got a clue??? did u apply to asda? i have an asda 'magic'day tomorrow.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 15th Aug 2011 8:24pm
i know what u mean , morrisons is first job i've applied for to be honest so guess i cant really complain.i supposed they do look for people with experience, but also bubbly people and people who stand out. but i've also heard that the dont look for people with experience. so i havnt got a clue??? did u apply to asda? i have an asda 'magic'day tomorrow.

i did the online asda thing just to see if i could get through..failed..
i've been in retail since i left school missed about 10 years raising my kids
but been back working about 11 years,last 5 years where i am now, and did a year before that for a big dept store, but left as it was getting into financial difficultys, closed last week

good luck for tomorrow, you've done fab to get through, let us know how it goes,
just be confident and if its a group thing, don't keep in the background, but also don't be too 'in ya face' you know what i mean smile
I went to an asda magic day, we had to make a tower out of balloons and try and sell the tower to the other team, then arrange ourselves in number order without looking at our own number cards. Then were taken around for a tour, following one worker each, then had an interview. I didn't get iit but I couldn't think of any examples for the questions they asked, haha, good luck!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 3:22pm
I went to an asda magic day, we had to make a tower out of balloons and try and sell the tower to the other team, then arrange ourselves in number order without looking at our own number cards. Then were taken around for a tour, following one worker each, then had an interview. I didn't get iit but I couldn't think of any examples for the questions they asked, haha, good luck!

wow sounds quite interesting..and strange way of interviewing....
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 3:24pm

Hi
How did the 'magic day' go?
what did you have to do?
crazy

Attached picture DownloadedFile-52.png
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 3:46pm
Originally Posted by beer_money
crazy

love it...
haha! laugh
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 4:52pm
JobNeeded, I have tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with you via PM for some time, please could you PM me your email address so I can get in touch cheers.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 5:09pm
Hi Sally
Have u heard anything from morrisons or asda yet?
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 8:21pm
Not a bean, no news is good news.

To be honest, not sure I would pick up the phone to ASDA now after applying in June FFS!!
Posted By: happy Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 8:29pm
i had the asda magic day today was totally different to morrisons, there were 12 of us in room with 10 managers had sit in an semi circle were your name badge was, with them in semi circle opposite us. had find out about person next to u then introduce them to the group.they split us into groups to make a tower out of balloons, straws,paper etc, was quite difficult but fun , had to present it to everyone to try and sell it.was bit mad that had managers around u all time with clip boards jotting down stuff bout u. had try on uniforms so could order right sizes straight away if get offer.had an interview to.felt like mine went really well as everyone was out and waiting for me to come out. the manager i had was prob bout my age and found it easy to talk to, so fingers crossed. they had 2500 applicants
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 8:49pm
i had the asda magic day today was totally different to morrisons, there were 12 of us in room with 10 managers had sit in an semi circle were your name badge was, with them in semi circle opposite us. had find out about person next to u then introduce them to the group.they split us into groups to make a tower out of balloons, straws,paper etc, was quite difficult but fun , had to present it to everyone to try and sell it.was bit mad that had managers around u all time with clip boards jotting down stuff bout u. had try on uniforms so could order right sizes straight away if get offer.had an interview to.felt like mine went really well as everyone was out and waiting for me to come out. the manager i had was prob bout my age and found it easy to talk to, so fingers crossed. they had 2500 applicants

well done, sounds like you did well smile
fingers doubly crossed for you..
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 16th Aug 2011 9:30pm
Well done, hope it goes well for you. I still think they could at least have had the decency to let people know since you have to give over 30 minutes of your own time to complete their online questionnaires, but I am sure these things happen for a reason.

2500 is a lot of applicants, it is going to be a lengthly process.
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 17th Aug 2011 12:57am
I have been trying to get in touch with Stuart, but don't know his number. Did ring HR and they said they would pass my details over to him. Not heard anything back yet though. Still feeling very depressed over the rejection.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 17th Aug 2011 5:55am
I have been trying to get in touch with Stuart, but don't know his number. Did ring HR and they said they would pass my details over to him. Not heard anything back yet though. Still feeling very depressed over the rejection.

i'm sure he's based at ellesmere port store as it was his name and ellesmere post stores number on interview if we needed to contact anyone.

keep ya chin up and keep trying
Posted By: Paintboffin Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 17th Aug 2011 4:43pm

Morrisons Ellesmere Port number is 357 1074

PB
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 19th Aug 2011 11:51am
Paintboffin: Managed to contact Stuart. Feedback is on its way.

Cheers.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 19th Aug 2011 3:26pm
That's. Good. Hopefully some tips for future interviews :-)
Posted By: ajaxaja Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 20th Aug 2011 6:52am

Still can't help feeling very disappointed though.

in your next interview, it may be a good idea not to mention your back problems. an employer may appreciate this but would also appreciate another person without back problems more!

good luck in your job search
Posted By: Jobneeded67 Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 22nd Aug 2011 1:09pm
But don't employers like you to be honest with them at interview, so that they can adhere to the Health and Safety laws?

I know I did mention this once before to a retail employer who rejected me, and they told me that my voiced back problems would not have had any bearing on their decision to employ me, as they were quite keen to comply with Health and Safety regulations.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 22nd Aug 2011 1:46pm
Unless it is a disability I wouldn't mention it to be honest.

On the other hand, I called Morrison's head office and they put me through to the new store recruitment line regarding New Brighton. According to Morrison's due to staff absences and holidays etc at this time of year, they are unfortunately behind schedule in getting replies out to people regarding job offers or rejections.

So if anyone else is still waiting to hear, good luck.

Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 22nd Aug 2011 2:32pm
If you've got a dodgy back then what happens when they tell you to hump some stuff and you can't do it? It also means that someone else has to carry you and that causes friction in my experience. Best to be up front.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 22nd Aug 2011 3:00pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

On the other hand, I called Morrison's head office and they put me through to the new store recruitment line regarding New Brighton. According to Morrison's due to staff absences and holidays etc at this time of year, they are unfortunately behind schedule in getting replies out to people regarding job offers or rejections.

So if anyone else is still waiting to hear, good luck.

i'll stop watching for the postman for a bit then ...
thanks Sally for ringing .. smile
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Got Morrisons Job Rejection This Morning - 22nd Aug 2011 3:01pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear

agree with sally on this one
© Wirral-Wikiwirral