Forums
has anyone had an interview for the new Morrisons store yet?

Herp derp
had my interview today, pretty straight forward
lasted about 35 misns.
some peoples last 15 mins

takes 3-4 weeks till find out if successful or not..

good luck everyone

What kind of questions did they ask?
Originally Posted by sparky
What kind of questions did they ask?

mostly about what you do in work now..or in last job
why you want to leave your job, and why left previous job before that, if applicable.
pretty relaxed....nice bunch of people..
Posted By: happy Re: interviews? any one had their Morrisons one yet? - 27th Jul 2011 10:08pm
hi free spirit was just wondering what questions do they ask? i've got an interview next week would really appriciate the help smile
Originally Posted by happy
hi free spirit was just wondering what questions do they ask? i've got an interview next week would really appriciate the help smile

see above..good luck smile
My interview is on Monday 1 August at 9.30am, when is yours happy?
Just back from mine, went well. Was shown the various hours available for the role I am after and despite the guy at Tranmere saying that they do offer school friendly hours I would be required to work one late evening perhaps up to 10.30pm and one weekend day. Shame really as I was really hoping not to work weekends. I will take anything offered though and won't complain if I am lucky enough to get offered.

Pay is pretty basic, but there is opportunities for progression.

As soon as they have references they will let you know. Hopefully in a couple of weeks might start in August or early September. Best of luck everyone.
hi
Glad it went well..
they said they don't ask for references untill you accept a job offer, if offered one...

my manager now was naughty and rang my ex manager in TJ's asking for ref before i'd even been offered a job, luckily enough they were ok about it, but could put you in an awkward position...

yes they mentioned everyone would hear a yes/no withinh 3-4 weeks....lonnngg time...
luckily i'm off for 2 weeks from sunday so will keep me occupied... crazy

let us know when you hear anything...who interviewd you?
A lady, I think she was called Toni? Anyway she did say they would be asking for references straight away and I was given the option for who to contact re: the business reference, as they only asked for non-business ones on the application form. She said 2 weeks hopefully, then offer by letter if lucky, so fingers crossed.
How long was your interview and did you take certificates with you.
Originally Posted by sparky
How long was your interview and did you take certificates with you.

Mine was 35 mins.
Took copies of birth certificate (has to be full one)
And wage slip/ p60

mine is on the 4th, some1 i know who went said they asked stuff like what would u do if u seen somthin that you thought needed to be changed and stuff like that ?
good luck for the 1st smile
well done sallybear, so they offered u the job there an then ? or do u still have to wait? what posistion did u go for?
im currently workin in a big store ( hopin that helps me ) but want more hours.
im bit worried about the questions they ask though.
well done sallybear, so they offered u the job there an then ? or do u still have to wait? what posistion did u go for?
im currently workin in a big store ( hopin that helps me ) but want more hours.
im bit worried about the questions they ask though.

Hiya
They ask lots of questions about what you fo now and scenarios etc.
Customer care questions too.
They said cashiers are 16 hour contracts.

Just try & be relaxed you'll be fine.
What position have you applied for?

Good luck & let us know how you get on smile
i put check outs ,customer service and shop floor.16 hours really is that all. thats no good for me lol. its pain way every where doin part time hours, dunno how they expect ppl to live lol.i not really bothered were i work i'd work anywere lol
I think you will find that all the super markets work like that - they contract you for 16 hours so when it's quiet they don't have people doing nothing. If you can cope with the peaks and troughs then it is worth accepting 16 hour contract making it clear that you are available for more hours. My son worked for Morrisons down south for years on a part time contract but most weeks he managed to get a full week in. Obviously you only get paid 1 hours a week holiday pay.
Good Luck!
ive been on a course and have seen interview questions, all i can say is be yourself and answer honestly and youll be fine... pretty stright forward...... good luck
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
ive been on a course and have seen interview questions, all i can say is be yourself and answer honestly and youll be fine... pretty stright forward...... good luck

the course you went on via job centre, people have asked you what type of questions, can you tell them? as it may help them get some ideas...

saying that, at my interview they where questions about my job, that probably wouldn't have been on what you questions you saw, and my experiences in different situations.
quite personalised towards myself and my working week...

so i think it depends on what your doing now ie work, to what the questions are going to be...

they seamed to want to know my experiences as i work in a very busy store on checkouts and stock replenishment which is a very hard, demanding job at times..

good luck everyone, listen carefully to what they ask you ..if you don't understand the question, then ask them to explain it..
No they didn't offer me the job, they said they would get references first, and depending how long it takes to get them, they could be in touch within 2 weeks or a little longer. They are looking to start people in the Ellesmere Port and West Kirby stores for some training by the end of August or beginning of September if things are taking a bit longer.

I had to take a copy of my NINO (just used my P45) and Passport. I took photocopies and the original to save time, as they did request this, but I did see other people give originals over for copying there so they do have the facilities. The interviews take place in a back office of the JCP in Birkenhead and you are sat at the desks which the adivser interviews take place in, so there isn't too much privacy but enough to get by.

It surprised me how many others didn't take the documents requested on the interview letter with them. The staff said to these people that they cannot process their application any further without them, so DONT FORGET YOUR PAPERS!!!

I have applied for customer service, so was asked about customer service situations. And team work questions were also asked. Also how I would promote the ethos of the store. Have a look on the Morrison's website for more info on the way they work and think of examples to different scenarios which you might be asked.

Also as said previously have some questions to ask. Pay? Holidays? Training? Anything just have some ready.

Good luck to those awaiting.
thank u, you've been a great help. ive got p60, passport and birth certificate to take along with photo copies of them all.got nvq's in retail so goin to take them along to . its quite scary not had an interview in so long haha
Don't worry Happy, they were really friendly and it was not a scary experience at all. Just be relaxed and smile. Try and be confident.

My interview was at 9am, but as the JCP doesn't even open it's doors until then, we went it and were called to the back of the JCP to await, and then taken through and called by name. Only myself and one other person had even made the effort to dress smartly, I think it is important to make the effort even if it is just for a shop!
thank u, you've been a great help. ive got p60, passport and birth certificate to take along with photo copies of them all.got nvq's in retail so goin to take them along to . its quite scary not had an interview in so long haha

hoya yes take the photo copies and the originals with you.
as they keep the copies, but also look at the originals..

good luck & let us know how you get on..

just thought, if we are all lucky, we could end up working together..fingers crossed smile
Just to add about Peacocks, it's not 100% yet and if it goes ahead it will only be kids.
has anyone had an offer of a job yet?
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
Just to add about Peacocks, it's not 100% yet and if it goes ahead it will only be kids.

are you sure? as my friend who works now for new brighton said its womens...?
Originally Posted by arwen444
has anyone had an offer of a job yet?

not yet, they still interviewing this week...
have you had n interview yet?
i started two weeks ago, just wondered if anyone else had a definite so i can say hi.
Yes my friend started 2 weeks ago too.
What position have you got.?
Originally Posted by free_spirit
Originally Posted by DodgyDave

are you sure? as my friend who works now for new brighton said its womens...?

that's what we have been told from regional team
Just got back from my interview, she asked questions mainly on the job that I am currently doing. It was very relaxed and took 30 mins. Will take 3 weeks to find out. Then there will be 2 induction days either at Tranmere Rovers or Leasowe Castle, then in store training at Ellesmere Port.
Good luck to everyone still waiting to go for their interview.
Hey all who are having interviews today - I work in the Birkenhead Job centre, and I have to say I've never seen so many people walk through for interviews. We are getting 5-6 people through the doors every half an hour. Good luck everyone!
my son had his interview today
oh my god really, i know the last of the interviews are on friday, ive got mine on wednesday, i went on morrisons interviewing technique course really hope thats its gonna help me.. good luck to everyone x
oh my god really, i know the last of the interviews are on friday, ive got mine on wednesday, i went on morrisons interviewing technique course really hope thats its gonna help me.. good luck to everyone x

yep over 700 interviews between last week and this week..
i had mine last week..

are you going to share what you learnt on the course with others, to help them out??
most ppl have said the questions are mostly about the job you are doing now, mine was mainly about my daily work roles etc
Their was 1700 applied for jobs, 700 got chosen for Interview, 297 vacancies... Job interview has a score mark for each question that you deliver and if prompted you loose 1 mark, questions revolve around the ethos of the company. Im not going to give questions out as they are reworded for interview process and I don't want to mislead anyone and make things sound confusing. But everything is general knowledge x
Their was 1700 applied for jobs, 700 got chosen for Interview, 297 vacancies... Job interview has a score mark for each question that you deliver and if prompted you loose 1 mark, questions revolve around the ethos of the company. Im not going to give questions out as they are reworded for interview process and I don't want to mislead anyone and make things sound confusing. But everything is general knowledge x

when i was in my interview they asked me about my general day in work, and examples of things i've done and situations i've been in, and wrote down what i was saying,
they weren't questions that everyone could answer as they were based on my present job.

i wasn't asked any of the 'standard' interview questions that you would normally expect to get asked in an interview...
when is your interview?
good luck

how did it go?
did you get the questions you expected?
hope it went well
Hi, yes has my interview today lasted about 35 min, got asked 4 question as 1 of my replies covered 2 questions, answers were pretty much what I'd be told but reworded an 1 slightly more in depth, but I done my best and have to wait and see now, got asked if I'd be willing to do 1st aid course too... Fingers crossed now
thanks everyone , i've got mine tomoz smile
I too got asked if I’d do a first aid course, she then asked if a temporary position came up would I be willing to take it to which I replied yes lol. When she asked if i had any questions i replied "you’ve viewed my application and seen my experiences and skills, do you think I would fit in to the Morrison’s colleague circle?" She seemed pretty taken back but answered truthfully. was this question ok to ask or was it alittle too much lol? she seemed very happy so fingers crossed.
thanks everyone , i've got mine tomoz smile

hi
how did you do?
Originally Posted by TRFCKrisTRFC
I too got asked if I’d do a first aid course, she then asked if a temporary position came up would I be willing to take it to which I replied yes lol. When she asked if i had any questions i replied "you’ve viewed my application and seen my experiences and skills, do you think I would fit in to the Morrison’s colleague circle?" She seemed pretty taken back but answered truthfully. was this question ok to ask or was it alittle too much lol? she seemed very happy so fingers crossed.

Sounds like a great question to me, good luck. I also got asked about temp work but I declined, I have done enough temping to last a life time I need a proper job with some prospects. Retail might be something new for me, but I just want something I can do well at and hopefully progress in.

Originally Posted by Sallybear
Originally Posted by TRFCKrisTRFC

Sounds like a great question to me, good luck. I also got asked about temp work but I declined, I have done enough temping to last a life time I need a proper job with some prospects. Retail might be something new for me, but I just want something I can do well at and hopefully progress in.

hiya,
i would've declined temp work too..as i have a job now and a family, can't risk being offered a temp job...

just hope we all hear soon, as impatient is my middle name... wink
had mine today, it went well , had really nice lady , was talkin about all sorts not just to do with shop, which dunno f good or bad really lol. only thing i will say is tho i didnt get asked about any sernarios or anythin like that, like most others were asked that i no, which is a little worryin. either that or i answered all the questions wen i was telling her what i do in my other job, they did ask y i wanted to leave my job as been in it for 14 years.didnt ask me about first aid course either. there are jobs with 30 plus hours, which is a good thing as thats what i want. didnt ask me about temp work , maybe coz i already have a job, i really dont know mine seems to of been different to every body elses ! she mentioned if get offered job respond quick .its going to be a long wait haha
Sounds good Happy, don't worry about being asked different things don't forget we are all going for different roles, there were no roles which I had gone for above 23 hours which was a little disappointing but I still hope I get an offer.

Good luck
good luck to u to :), i said i would do anythin to give me the hours i needed. did u apply for asda to? i did ages ago and not heard back from them yet, just got the email with candidate number and to say they be in touch soon
Same boat, I've logged on to ASDA online and it says my application is still pending, that was from June. Don't think any company would leave someone for that long without contact if they were genuinely interested. Bit of a let down really.
i think Asda are pretty bad making you all wait around to see what happens next...

if they are not ready to interview etc, they should've left the applications till a later date..

hope you both hear soon
I was in the Job Centre today, and they were still calling loads of people in for interviews.
Yep think today was last day for the interviews.
Today was the last of the interviews all we can do now is wait I guess, my friend had her interview last Friday and her ex boss received reference forms the following Monday... Hope they don't make us all sweat to much x
I think the hardest part is the waiting for a response as to wether been successful or not...i had my interview 10 days ago and was told we will find out in 3-4 weeks..seams like forever...good luck everyone & let us know when you hear anything...
i no wish they would said there and then if was maybe or a no hahaha
i no wish they would said there and then if was maybe or a no hahaha

i know...hate waiting..impatient is my middle name... crazy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral