Forums
I have just got off the phone with the recruitment department at their head office and the person I spoke to explained a bit about the recruitment procedure:

They will be processing the applicant's department by department. So if you haven't heard anything by now, it's by no means bad news.

They will definitely let you know, either by post or phone, and if you don't answer the call they WILL leave you a message and try other contact methods so no need to worry if you miss a call.

Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by Sallybear
I have just got off the phone with the recruitment department at their head office and the person I spoke to explained a bit about the recruitment procedure:

They will be processing the applicant's department by department. So if you haven't heard anything by now, it's by no means bad news.

They will definitely let you know, either by post or phone, and if you don't answer the call they WILL leave you a message and try other contact methods so no need to worry if you miss a call.

Hope that helps.

nice one, will put a lot of peoles minds at rest and hopefully they'll all get a call for an interview shortly.. smile

What position/s have you applied for?
That is good news, I'm still waiting to hear from them too.
I have applied for warehouse/shopfloor jobs
I applied for Customer Service roles
i applied for shop floor/stock replenishment and also checkouts..
Wife just got a refusal from the 'interviews' at Tranmere Rovers
sorry to hear that frown

home bargains are opening a new big store in new brighton too, might be worth a look...
Originally Posted by yewgarth

They were just open days to give you some idea of the different roles available, the interviews are being held in the last week of July and first week of August.

Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she finds something soon.
Just a note;
If you get an interview you need valid passport,
Proof of NI number
If passport out of date, the a copy of full birth certificate.

They were just open days to give you some idea of the different roles available, the interviews are being held in the last week of July and first week of August.

Yeah i couldn't quite think exactly what it was at Tranmere, so i put interviews. More of a presentation wasn't it

Yeah i couldn't quite think exactly what it was at Tranmere, so i put interviews. More of a presentation wasn't it

Yeah but it's funny that no-one mentioned wages, I didn't ask I guess it's not that important at the end of the day, a job is a job at the moment but it would be interesting to know what they pay their staff.
pay isn't supposed to be that bad, they pay double time for sundays too.
you also get 10% off your shopping bill.
Wages are £6.? For 13 weeks
Then go up a bit. Above NMW think he said £6.29?

Time & half for Sunday's.

Diff rates for nights etc.
37 pence above minimum wage is hardly GOOD in my opinion. 10% of shopping sounds good, would certainly benefit our family as we like to shop there, but the trip to West Kirby is a bit far, but I would save quite a bit there.
37 pence above minimum wage is hardly GOOD in my opinion. 10% of shopping sounds good, would certainly benefit our family as we like to shop there, but the trip to West Kirby is a bit far, but I would save quite a bit there.

yeah me too, prefer Belle Vale, its a huge one..always have like shopping there
Woo-hoo, finally got some contact from Morrison's today, in the form of a letter with an invite for an interview inside!!

Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting to hear
Good luck Hun.
When is your interview ?
Good luck on your interview smile
I got a letter inviting me for an interview for Morrisons, it is on 1 August at Birkenhead Jobcentre.
Originally Posted by sparky
I got a letter inviting me for an interview for Morrisons, it is on 1 August at Birkenhead Jobcentre.

brill! made up for you smile
what have you applied for?

good luck!
I applied for customer service and home and leisure, letter didn't say which job the interview was for.
Originally Posted by sparky
I applied for customer service and home and leisure, letter didn't say which job the interview was for.

cool, think sally bear applied for customer service too..?
i applied for shop floor and cashier...

fingers crossed for us all smile
mines 27th...quite nervous about it, as past and present jobs have been just a quick informal interview...

any tips... crazy
My son has got an interview for the 1st Aug as well, at the job centre in Birkenhead
My son has got an interview for the 1st Aug as well, at the job centre in Birkenhead

Brill..good luck smile
Hi, has anyone who applied for checkouts heard about an interview yet? I'm still waiting to hear! x
Originally Posted by kathy18
Hi, has anyone who applied for checkouts heard about an interview yet? I'm still waiting to hear! x

Hi I did, and shop floor, they rang me 2 weeks ago, interview next week.
People are still hearing now so you should hear soon.

Good luck.
My interview is for Friday 29th at 9am. Mine was for Customer Service.

Good luck everyone.
I'm still waiting to hear if Ive been successful, are they letting people know either way??
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
I'm still waiting to hear if Ive been successful, are they letting people know either way??

yes, they said would let you know a yes / no
sallybear rang and they said that too her too..
That's good fingers crossed eh, an good luck to everyone who has interview coming up x
I'm still waiting to hear either way
i received my letter today, have interview on 3rd August, you may hear fairly soon
Originally Posted by Daffy3240
i received my letter today, have interview on 3rd August, you may hear fairly soon

good luck x
I may phone them today, I still haven't heard anything frown had a missed call on landline yesterday though from unknown caller, so hopefully they may call back today if it was them smile
Hi
I'm sure if it was them they will call back or drop a letter in the post.

Good luck
© Wirral-Wikiwirral