Forums
Posted By: Sallybear More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 8th Jul 2011 10:43am
Noticed loads of ASDA jobs on the Job Centre Website for their Bromborough store.

https://hourly.asda.jobs/2057/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=25222&siteid=5034

I applied for two posts the other day, and it took almost half an hour to go through the whole process. Would have made it easier if you could apply once for the various locations.
Posted By: Maisie Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 8th Jul 2011 10:48am
I applied for birkenhead the other day...then got an email back yesterday saying thanks but no thanks...and i can't reapply for 6 months....haha!!
Posted By: Sallybear Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 7:17pm
Cheeky buggars!!
Posted By: FayePlayer Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 9:55pm
the same thing happened to me maisie. I was angry at them and upset for not even giving me a chance. I am really desperate for a job, i couldnt even get through to the application process of morrisons because they closed the phone lines 2 days after opening for their new shop in new brighton. I am also angry that you cant reapply for another 6 months, so any new jobs we dont stand a chance, thanks a bunch asda and all the bloody number of supermarkets we have
Posted By: Wench Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 9:59pm
I worked for Asda many years ago and they have a strict policy when it comes to recruiting. Even if you get to interview stage, it doesn't mean you'll get any further. They tend to have interview days where they do group activities to see how suitable you are.

I'm afraid being desperate for a job isn't enough these days frown I wish it was.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:23pm
seams asda are a bit picky...
how the heck can they tell properly wether someone is suitable or not, before even meeting them in an interview...

i'd be curious to know what their policy is, as application forms are mainly for you to state details, experience etc..
its the actual interview that shows what kind of person you are, i would think... mad
Posted By: Wench Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:24pm
They generally have a psychological testing section on the application forms - that's how they tell if you're suitable or not.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:30pm
so basically you gotta be clever to work on a checkout??!!
omg..sounds a bit crazy to me... confused
i'm in my 40's and work at a very busy shop and do tills and shop floor and i don't have a degree or anything..it ain't rocket science is it to work in a shop...

sounds like asda need to do basic appl forms and give the people wanting to work a chance an interview to show they can do it....

sorry if i was rambling..its just suprised me how picky they are
Posted By: Wench Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:35pm
I don't think it's about being clever, it's just that they want a certain "type" of person. Generally it's someone who's a team player as they're shit hot on that kind of thing, but someone who can also work under their own steam unsupervised. I guess a certain level of intelligence helps too as there's a lot of in-house training and courses that they encourage staff to go on and some of them are pretty tough.

Ramble away. I don't work for them anymore wink
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:39pm
i work in a team and also alone a lot of the time, and do it quite well(i think)...but think i'd fail the app form if it was phsycological...(spelling?)

good job Morrisons don't do that or i prob wouldn't have gotten an interview confused
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 9th Jul 2011 10:45pm
Spot the "Management Consultants" who make up wonderful and weird ideas to justify their fees.

I've been through the "Price Waterhouse" and "Oliver Wight" mangles as well as a few other of these high ranking consultants.

If they made a reasonable attempt at understanding your business first, before decimating what you have in order to rebuild it and claim the glory under their own measurement criteria, it would be less painful to see the damage they cause. "you will have moral - otherwise you are not committed to the company.

In one case, we went from handling regular multi-million pound contracts to most contracts worth a few tens of thousands, with "promises" of other contracts that never seemed to arrive.

Me, bitter - totally!

TQM, Six Sigma, Process Management, Black belts etc etc
Posted By: SUExx Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 9:17am
All the nettos will be asdas soon, some are changing over in august.
Posted By: sparky Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 9:49am
Just checked my emails and got a rejection from Asda Birkenhead. It took me over 1 hour to fill in the on-line application form and 3 lots of assessments.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 5:04pm
i think they are too bloody fussy mad
i filled one in today, as i wanted to see what they were like..
bloody awful..
Posted By: Maisie Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 5:33pm
Originally Posted by Wench
I don't think it's about being clever, it's just that they want a certain "type" of person. Generally it's someone who's a team player as they're shit hot on that kind of thing, but someone who can also work under their own steam unsupervised. I guess a certain level of intelligence helps too as there's a lot of in-house training and courses that they encourage staff to go on and some of them are pretty tough.

I can work as part of team and alone...I worked at Cadburys for 13 years, then I worked as a delivery driver for a motor factors...so again I can work as part of a team and alone...ASDA are just far too picky. I'm actually thinking of making a complaint about!!!

Posted By: Maisie Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 5:43pm
Originally Posted by sparky
Just checked my emails and got a rejection from Asda Birkenhead. It took me over 1 hour to fill in the on-line application form and 3 lots of assessments.

Sparky, seems a lot of people that did the online application and the assessments, got rejection emails...me included!!

"Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asda. On this occasion, however, we’re sorry to tell you we won’t be taking your application any further.

Your assessment is valid for 6 months and so we cannot accept any further applications from you for any other roles within this time.

We appreciate you took the time to send us your details, and we’re sure your determination will pay off very soon. In the meantime, we wish you the very best for the future."

Guess what Asda...stick it were the sun doesn't shine....I will not be wasting my time and energy applying for your jobs in the future!!!

Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 7:11pm
Originally Posted by Maisie
Originally Posted by Wench

I can work as part of team and alone...I worked at Cadburys for 13 years, then I worked as a delivery driver for a motor factors...so again I can work as part of a team and alone...ASDA are just far too picky. I'm actually thinking of making a complaint about!!!

thats not a bad idea, i mean, why do we need to figure out how many cases of sugar etc is in warehouse..really... confused
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 10th Jul 2011 7:33pm
i did an asda application online today, just to see what would happen and just checked status
'not sucessful'

and i have quite a few years of retail experience, tills, customer service , stock replenishment, ordering etc etc...

i would like to know...what the heck they want people to be able to do, to work for asda??
its a supermarket for goodness sake mad

has anyone on here, or anyone know anyone who has been sucessful? confused
(apart from the ones given jobs via job centre)
Posted By: Wench Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 1:20am
They probably are too picky, but then it's their business so they can be. That's just the way it is I'm afraid.

I've been turned down for a job because I'm more qualified than the Practice Manager. Yes I'm annoyed but life goes on. No point moaning about it.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 6:42am
I did one of Asdas online tests and got this email back from them:

Please make a note of your candidate reference number 943421.

We appreciate your interest in joining us.

Please don't reply to this email, but rest assured we'll get back to you as quickly as possible after looking carefully at your application

What happens now then?? According to their website as of 30th June my application is 'under review'

And my application for Morrison's I haven't had a no or an interview, can I check that the Job Centre even gave them my application form??
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 6:49am
Originally Posted by Sallybear
I did one of Asdas online tests and got this email back from them:

Please make a note of your candidate reference number 943421.

We appreciate your interest in joining us.

Please don't reply to this email, but rest assured we'll get back to you as quickly as possible after looking carefully at your application

What happens now then?? According to their website as of 30th June my application is 'under review'

And my application for Morrison's I haven't had a no or an interview, can I check that the Job Centre even gave them my application form??

re asda, if the website says under review in the status, then looks like you may be getting the group interview stage? :)good luck

re morrisons, i would've thought you would've heard by now? they rang me last tuesday?
what day did you hand application form in to birkenhead job centre?
maybe ring the B'head job centre?
Posted By: Touchstone Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 7:51am
Originally Posted by Maisie

"Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asda. On this occasion, however, we’re sorry to tell you we won’t be taking your application any further.

Your assessment is valid for 6 months and so we cannot accept any further applications from you for any other roles within this time.

The bit in bold sounds a little bit ambiguous. It's possible if any new vaccancies come up in the next 6 months then they will contact you. Some of the new recruits might quit, get fired etc and ASDA will need some people to replace them.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 8:05am
Thank you for calling Job Centre Plus, your call cannot be taken at the moment as all our lines are busy, please call back later

I called the 0845 604 3719 number, to be honest this message has been on each time I call them.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 12th Jul 2011 8:38am
0151 5518500

Is the number I've used for Birkenhead job centre in past.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 14th Jul 2011 12:08am
I have been told if you work in other retail shops and have done for a number of years etc Asda don't like you. Say for example you have worked in M&S for 4 years well they class you as being "M&S" trained so don't want to got to the trouble of Asda training you, they would rather someone could be trained from scratch.

I know it sounds daft but it does happen in retial as I know someone who got told at a interview because he worked in Next for years they would not give him the job as they don't like people who have been Next trained.

Madness!
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 14th Jul 2011 7:04pm
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
I have been told if you work in other retail shops and have done for a number of years etc Asda don't like you. Say for example you have worked in M&S for 4 years well they class you as being "M&S" trained so don't want to got to the trouble of Asda training you, they would rather someone could be trained from scratch.

I know it sounds daft but it does happen in retial as I know someone who got told at a interview because he worked in Next for years they would not give him the job as they don't like people who have been Next trained.

Madness!

that kinda makes me figure out why most of the people i know that work in asda, have never worked in retail stores, ie big companys before...naughty naughty hey
I had an interview at Asda in Liscard, they emailed me half an hour after I'd left saying I didn't get it, I was like, don't you want to at least think about it? tease I haven't worked in a big shop or anything though, just sports direct, haha.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 14th Jul 2011 9:42pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
I had an interview at Asda in Liscard, they emailed me half an hour after I'd left saying I didn't get it, I was like, don't you want to at least think about it? tease I haven't worked in a big shop or anything though, just sports direct, haha.

Seen in the news today 2000 sports direct staff are getting a staff bonus of £43k!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Wiggi77

Seen in the news today 2000 sports direct staff are getting a staff bonus of £43k!!!!!!!

no bonus is worth working there! tease
Posted By: Sallybear Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 22nd Jul 2011 12:37pm
Still no reply from Asda re: my application of the 30th June, it really is a long time not to hear. According to the onlie website, I am still under review, or at least my application is. Seems strange to leave applicants with no information for almost a month. If they leave it too long, people will move on to other roles and they will lose some good applicants, seems really strange.
Posted By: nickie Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 27th Jul 2011 9:04pm

Madness!

This is not true, I worked in Tesco for 7 years, and now work in Next for the past 2 years, before this I applied for asda and got a job but never took it because it was on for the christmas period. They actually like people who have customer service experience !!!
Posted By: happy Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 27th Jul 2011 10:39pm
hi i did the online for asda to and im still waiting to hear to,i had the same email as u.feel like i've been waiting for ever. crazy
let me know if u hear from them
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 28th Jul 2011 8:21am
Originally Posted by nickie

Madness!

This is not true, I worked in Tesco for 7 years, and now work in Next for the past 2 years, before this I applied for asda and got a job but never took it because it was on for the christmas period. They actually like people who have customer service experience !!!

from what i've heard, for christmas busy times they like people with experience, but not for long term jobs..as DodgyDave said...
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 28th Jul 2011 9:31am
Thank you :-)
Posted By: Sallybear Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 2nd Aug 2011 9:47pm
Just logged on again tonight to find my application still pending. To be honest after 6 weeks if they offered me a job now I am not sure I would want to work for a company who feel it is acceptable to leave a job applicant waiting so long to hear. Takes the pi55 in my opinion.

Posted By: MerseyMan Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 25th Aug 2011 6:36am
I applied for the night role at Asda Birkenhead and have a assessment day today at the Lauries Birkenhead. I did work there for a week at christmas after I was made redundant from my previous job. I only want the night role really as it's more money and less hassle.
Then as I was waiting for Adsa to get back for me I applied for 3 Royal mail jobs and have got an interview for one of them. Not the area I initially wanted but since i booked that interview after hearing back from that area position I was not eligible to get any further with the two other Royal Mail jobs. Bit gutted I booked the interview so soon otherwise I might have got the choice to go for an interview in the area I wanted. Ah well, it'll be good to be working at last instead of bouncing around the house on my own. smile
Posted By: free_spirit Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 25th Aug 2011 7:02am
Originally Posted by MerseyMan
I applied for the night role at Asda Birkenhead and have a assessment day today at the Lauries Birkenhead. I did work there for a week at christmas after I was made redundant from my previous job. I only want the night role really as it's more money and less hassle.
Then as I was waiting for Adsa to get back for me I applied for 3 Royal mail jobs and have got an interview for one of them. Not the area I initially wanted but since i booked that interview after hearing back from that area position I was not eligible to get any further with the two other Royal Mail jobs. Bit gutted I booked the interview so soon otherwise I might have got the choice to go for an interview in the area I wanted. Ah well, it'll be good to be working at last instead of bouncing around the house on my own. smile

hey! good luck, hope it goes well for you!
let us know how you get on happy
Posted By: kittykat Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 31st Aug 2011 9:31pm
Hi all, I worked for Asda Bromborough for eight and a half years and learnt quite a bit about the recruitment process from the training co ordinator.
It's all on a points system. On the multiple choice go for the answers that are mostly team playing but initiative. When they ask why you would like to work for Asda, the more times you can put the word Asda into the answer the better. For the record people who have worked for major retailers are considered "damaged goods".
I found them a terrible company to work for as in the less you did the more you were thought of and even then you were just a number but to be fair my bills got paid and that was what was important to me.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 31st Aug 2011 9:45pm
Originally Posted by kittykat
For the record people who have worked for major retailers are considered "damaged goods".

Glad I'm not the only one who was told his about Asda, I hear as well if you know to much about Computers PC World don't want to know you.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 31st Aug 2011 10:02pm
i couldnt work with the general public,, just aint got the patiance for it,,, i will stick with my factory manufacturing job any day lol
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 1st Sep 2011 11:51pm
If ASDA are picky then how the hell do most of their staff even get employed by them? When I go to asda in Bromborough I'm shocked by the caliber of people working there, mostly dunces from what I can tell with little to no common sense nor pleasant personalities
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: More Asda jobs, Bromborough this time - 2nd Sep 2011 12:01am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
If ASDA are picky then how the hell do most of their staff even get employed by them? When I go to asda in Bromborough I'm shocked by the caliber of people working there, mostly dunces from what I can tell with little to no common sense nor pleasant personalities
I've got to admit that most of the staff at Woodchurch seem better suited to their jobs than Bromborough ones. It doesn't bother me much, just go grab what you want, try and pay for it and leave without expecting some life-changing experience in the process.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral