Forums
Posted By: sued1101 JOINER Looking for work/work placement - 30th Dec 2009 8:40pm
Just wondering if anyone can help with this one. My son has just finished his NVQ2 & 3 in Carpentry and Joinery. He planned to stay and do his level 3 but the company have pulled the plug on all apprenticeships due to this recession and my son now finds himself trying to get a work placement for 4 days a week to carry on.
He is at the moment studying in Wirral Met doing a diploma in carpentry and joinery but desparately wants to do his NVQ Level 3 but finding a company to help him out is proving very difficult.
If anyone knows of anywhere he could try or anyone who is looking for a newly qualified joiner I would be really grateful if you could let me know.
He is 20yrs old, clean driving licence, 11 GCSE's, and really wants to carry on with his chosen career but really needs some help right now.
Thanks, and really hoping someone can help.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: JOINER Looking for work/work placement - 31st Dec 2009 8:37am
Facebooked my sister to ask her dad- he a joiner-if his place cud help. Fingaz crossed, ya never know.
Posted By: sued1101 Re: JOINER Looking for work/work placement - 31st Dec 2009 10:02am
Oh thank you, that was really good of you...fingers well and truly crossed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral