Forums
Posted By: Talla Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 2:01am
Fed up being on dole ...

Any ideas for me ...

Very good at maths.
Loads of experience in electronics (no IEEE though).
Ran a computer help desk.
Managed & Supervised staff.
Pretty good at getting Excel to do things out the ordinary.

Very flexible on hours and I have clean driving license.

Anything considered including getting trained, nightwork, whatever. But I am not a salesman - honesty gets in the way!

Gotta beat salary of £12000 because getting the equivalent of that on dole.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 11:23am
Good luck Talla, but that 12k hurts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 1:45pm
Originally Posted by Talla

Gotta beat salary of £12000 because getting the equivalent of that on dole.

You get about £12,000 on the dole??? shocked
Posted By: scoops Re: Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 2:00pm
When you take into account things like housing benefit and council tax benefit £12000 seems like a pretty fair estimate. Then you have to consider things like free prescriptions, dental work and eye tests.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 3:38pm
You wana come sell crack cocaine for me?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Any Jobs - 28th Dec 2009 4:39pm
http://www.wirral.gov.uk/jobs/Jobdetail.asp?VacancyID=1882&Other=true

This any use?
Posted By: Volly Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 12:14am
Try something completely different to what you have done before.
You never know where your hidden skills may lie.

I was on the dole for years until a friend offered me a job within his company making kitchens and bedrooms. I had only ever had sales jobs or roles within home help / care work.

Now, because of the experience in woodwork/joinery that I gained form there, I run my own manufacturing business making Reptile Vivariums ( tanks to keep snakes and lizards in ).

If it wasn't for me trying something new, I would never have got into this line of work.

Just give it a go and try something completely new to you - don't look for a specific job, just try to get something that you think might be suited to you - you never know, it might just be what you've always been looking for.

And if not, you'll be no worse off if you're already on the dole now.

What have you got to lose?

Good luck whatever you decide.
Posted By: Talla Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 1:15pm
Originally Posted by Volly
Just give it a go and try something completely new to you - don't look for a specific job, just try to get something that you think might be suited to you - you never know, it might just be what you've always been looking for.

Thanks for that Volly, being trying that, but don't get a look-in because I am either overqualified or inexperienced. Not giving up though, I just want a job that gets me the money and that I don't hate - it would take a lot for me to hate a job itself, it is usually just the *rse-h*les that enjoy making other peoples life a misery.

I have to put my quals down otherwise I have to account for a number of "missing" years from employment.

One of my mates went on the gas/eleccy meter reading route, I would quite like that, anything that keeps me occupied, indoors, outdoors whatever. Don't even mind repetitive tasks.
Posted By: Talla Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 1:17pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
You wana come sell crack cocaine for me?
No, but I would love to pick up the reward for handing you in!

Don't need an assistant do you Andy, I've done tons of electric stuff.
Posted By: Talla Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 1:28pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
You get about £12,000 on the dole??? shocked

Sounds a lot doesn't it, but works out something like this ...

£12000 minus tax, national insurance and CSA ends up as about £9000 net. You should subtract additional travel costs, additional food costs and additional clothing costs from this as well because these all cost more when you are working.

JSA + Housing + Council Tax = £8500

Then as stated above, free medicine, eyes and teeth and a few additional fringe benefits. In reality £12000 would almost definately be making a loss compared to the dole. My target is really £15000 minimum but I was hoping that with a £12000 job I could either get some overtime or do a bit of work in evenings to make it up.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 1:56pm

You get about £12,000 on the dole??? shocked [/quote]

i know people who work for less then above, and who have to pay travel costs eg petrol, tunnel fares and then have to pay to park their car in works car parks which comes straight out of their wages by direct debit.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Any Jobs - 29th Dec 2009 7:15pm
£12,000 I'm going on the dole? seeyu
Posted By: evo1986 Re: Any Jobs - 28th Feb 2010 7:34pm
£15000 minimum ! lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral