Forums
Posted By: Zippy677 Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 10:16am
Hi i dont want to abuse the board just after joining but i was wondering if anyone had any idea's companies or individuals who would need t-shirts printing...i set up a T-shirt company a couple of months ago and have been emailing companies / groups / organizations with no avail.

Just wondering if a community board could offer some advise!

I've got T-shirts in a couple of shops in Birkenhead but sales are slow...

Any idea's would be most appreciated!!

cheers

Andy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 11:18am
Not sure how you would "abuse" the board when asking friendly advise!

Sounds like you are currently just looking local to sell t-shirts? Maybe you could do a few printed designs and flog them on ebay. It's not ideal but as companies tighten their belts it's a nice little earner and keeps you ticking over.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 11:48am
Is it just screen printing you do or embroiding?
Posted By: little_pob Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 1:21pm
Have you thought about setting up a small website?

Most ISPs provide you with a small amount of webspace (around 20MB usually).

Then get a domain and mask or forward to your ISP hosted site.

Easily.co.uk do .co.uk domains for £8.99 for 2 years. This seems expensive compared to the likes of 1&1 and 123-reg but unlike most others domain registrars, includes email for the domain. You can either collect these emails via the easily website or do as I do and forward to a yahoo account as you can reply as if from the domain email address.
Posted By: Zippy677 Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 1:47pm
Cheers for the quick replies, wasn't expecting someone to post this quickly let alone a handful of people...the t-shirts are vinyl cut and heat pressed onto the t-shirt, looks very similar to screen printing, but doesn't crack or fade through the wash...

I've bought the domain name but am waiting for my mate to make the website, i think he's coding it from scratch in asp .net, he says it takes a while (been waiting 3months so far...)

As for ebay, i've had stuff on there for the last 2months and only sold 3 t-shirts. I opened up an ebay shop and have now got a £25 invoice...just not selling enough to warrant having the shop.

Im more looking at contracts where the likes of building / scaffolding companies have there name printed on the lads t-shirts for uniforms, whilst waiting for the website! (if it ever arrives!)

Cheers again for the input the more the better....

Andy

ps..Summer, give me your email and i'll get some prices and examples together for you...thank you in advance!!
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 2:53pm
You could try and plug to the local scout groups they are wearing more casual shirts now adays with the name of their group either screen printed or embroidered on. I know this as I have family that are in scouting. If I hear of anything I will forward the details onto you.

Birkenhead Scout district have a shop in balls road they might let you leave your card with them?

Do you have a link to your ebay page??
Posted By: hoseman Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 5:29pm
Try the kids football clubs
Go into Industrial workwear, i use loads of Hi Viz vests.
Car clubs
Bike clubs
Sportswear
Etc
Posted By: angelina Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 7:05pm
Hi Hoseman, you could try the local youth clubs. Have you had any flyers printed that you could circulate to local groups? Its a cut throat world out there when it comes to sales especially with the currant finacial climate. Deliver your leaflets by hand personally and re- visit to follow up or most flyers and faxes just go into file 13. Duke of eds groups that i know of are always looking for merchandise with the d of e logo , but you would have to diversify and do more then just t shirts.Good luck
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 8:28pm
you could try wikiwirral t shirts

Wiki ghosthunters
wiki UE
try asking Mark and givig him a sample or ask for suggestions
to what people would like to see on a wiki shirt
Post some pics as examples and of course prices
Posted By: Zippy677 Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 9:42pm
Tehe what you think?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Any idea's? - 4th Aug 2009 10:12pm
something with the Wikiwirral green logo on?
front and back
maybe Urban Explorer or Ghosthunter underneath
Posted By: Zippy677 Re: Any idea's? - 5th Aug 2009 9:04am
That was just an expample of a T-shirt that is already out there and finished...will crack on, have had some great advise and will pm people needed...watch this space

Cheers
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Any idea's? - 5th Aug 2009 12:08pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
something with the Wikiwirral green logo on?
front and back
maybe Urban Explorer or Ghosthunter underneath
dats a good idea, derek!! I'd buy one for tours and that
Posted By: Zippy677 Re: Any idea's? - 5th Aug 2009 3:07pm
Hey guy's i've PM'd mark to ask if he'd be ok with me using wiki wirral...just waiting thanks again everone really interested in getting involved...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: Any idea's? - 5th Aug 2009 6:32pm
ive replied to your pm.

Urban Explorer is far too busy.
pm me designs and i will thumbs up or down.

Mark.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Any idea's? - 13th Aug 2009 9:28pm
Angelina, not me doing the T Shirts, i was just posting a reply! sorry
Posted By: pcscrap Re: Any idea's? - 15th Aug 2009 7:11pm
easyest way ive found to make good money need any help ask me just go here iget about 35 quid a day now
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Any idea's? - 16th Aug 2009 1:19am
£35 a day, no fooker would work. Also, I do hope you are declaring it to the tax man.

Bullshit, as with all these stupid online money making schemes.

Seen them all, tried a few, only one has ever paid out, and that took about a year!

As I say, at £35 a day, no fooker would want to work (£245 per week for sitting on one's arse isnt bad).

And everyone would have about 10 accounts, earning thousands per week haha!

Btw, its always nice to tell people you are wanting them to sign up and make you money for doing so, instead of just spamming your aff links around the place.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any idea's? - 16th Aug 2009 1:34am
I am for pimping wiki members.

50p a go?? They're willing to go for a packet of swizzles the cheap sluts!!

raftl
Posted By: oggie Re: Any idea's? - 16th Aug 2009 1:42am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
£35 a day, no fooker would work.

As I say, at £35 a day, no fooker would want to work (£245 per week for sitting on one's arse isnt bad).

Some of us had to do it during the Thatcher years.I used to work a 100 hour week on security(Ford estate)for £130.00 pw.

Chris
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Any idea's? - 16th Aug 2009 1:53am
Noooo, I mean, if everyone could earn £35 a day, for sitting on their arse, a lot of people would be doing it. With multiple accounts, that could be hundreds a day.

Its a ploy to get people to sign up using his aff URL, and then when you do, he get's paid. You probably find, the more you get, he get's, the only way you'd make £35 a day though, is if you had tens of thousands of people all doing it under you, so essentially a pyramid scheme, and as we know, only so many people can win in a pyramid scheme before it dries out.

Think about it, two accounts, and you'd be earning £490 a week, not even having to leave the house!!!

Not happening im afraid. All these types of schemes are a con. They promise the world, and deliver nothing. I mkean, £35 a month is far more believable, its an advertising service, and ad revenues are at an all-time low, you'd have to mass-spam millions of fookers, for a companie to want to pay you hundreds a month in all honesty.

I know how online advertising works, inside out, trust me. smile
Posted By: SUExx Re: Any idea's? - 16th Aug 2009 7:40am
Hows it going with the idea of wiki t-shirts, as we do have wiki car stickers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral