Forums
Posted By: camaroz ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 1st Jul 2009 8:36pm
Don't know if it's already been shouted out - but its coming to spaceport.

Vacancies for cast members on Mersey Ferries site (Marines & Aliens) now closed frown

http://www.alienwars.com/assets/video/survival/index.htm or http://www.alienwars.com/index.htm

Looks Great!
Posted By: topofthepops Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 1st Jul 2009 8:46pm
I read about this and was going to tell a friend who I know would love to have done it!

The BBC news website, for last Sunday, says "Auditions are being held at the Seacombe ferry terminal on Thursday."

Maybe they have enough to do the auditions anyway?

Posted By: camaroz Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 1st Jul 2009 8:52pm
Originally Posted by topofthepops
Maybe they have enough to do the auditions anyway?

Dont think the boss would have given me time off anyway frown

Check out the "survival tips" video again... The last few seconds ...The scared girl... Look carefully... Looks like something grabs her and violently drags her away... Be quick or you'll miss it... I'll have to send the missus wink
Posted By: topofthepops Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 1st Jul 2009 9:25pm
Brilliant! I found it on Youtube as well. happy

Alien Wars Survival Tips - by alienwarsglasgow
Alien Wars Survival Tips

I wanted to try and get the image from the video of the girl as it happened so fast like you said, so downloaded it from Youtube.

I am going to try and upload the images I got from the video here - hope it works! May not be in the right order though.

As much as I love this type of thing, I don't think I could go to it - my blood pressure wouldn't take it anymore! doh

Attached picture Survival1.jpg
Attached picture Survival2.jpg
Attached picture Survival3.jpg
Attached picture Survival4.jpg
Posted By: topofthepops Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 1st Jul 2009 10:31pm
wish I hadn't have uploaded those images now - I feel like I've spoilt the surprise as the end if they do the same routine! Sorry sorry
Posted By: camaroz Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 2nd Jul 2009 8:05am
wish I hadn't have uploaded those images now - I feel like I've spoilt the surprise as the end if they do the same routine! Sorry sorry

Absolutely great video captures.....

Dont worry, you haven't spoilt anything.

They will have many scripts with multiple senarios (got inside knowledge) other wise people wouldnt go back for another go.

I reckon your pics will get people really worrying whats going to happen to them. Well done thumbsup

How did you do it by the way ?
Posted By: topofthepops Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 2nd Jul 2009 5:51pm
camaroz

When you asked "How did you do it by the way ?", I'll give you a quick reply, but if you want more detail, I will post again with more info!

I use an add-on in Firefox that downloads videos from Youtube etc. I then play it in VLC media player, which you can pause and save the image you are paused on, by going to Snapshot in the menu.

There are other ways to get a more precise moment in the video but the way I describe above is quite quick.
Posted By: camaroz Re: ALIEN WARS COMING TO SPACEPORT - 3rd Jul 2009 7:37am
camaroz

I use an add-on in Firefox that downloads videos from Youtube etc. I then play it in VLC media player, which you can pause and save the image you are paused on, by going to Snapshot in the menu.

Thanks for that happy I'll give it a go....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral