Forums
Posted By: Mark Free Parking After 3 : returns for Christmas - 7th Nov 2015 9:47pm
Wirral Council is once again supporting shoppers and local businesses by cutting the cost of parking in council car parks throughout December.

At the meeting of Cabinet yesterday, Cllr Stuart Whittingham announced that all Council-operated car parks will operate a ‘Free After 3’ discount, giving residents and visitors the chance to go Christmas shopping without paying to park.

As well as parking being ‘Free After 3’, people will be able to park for ‘Free All Day’ at any Council-operated car parks on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

Cllr Whittingham, Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport, said: “Christmas is a very important time for shoppers and for local businesses and, as part of our commitment to supporting businesses and helping them to thrive, we are cutting the cost of parking in Council car parks and offering ‘Free After 3’ parking from December 1st and making parking on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day free all day.

“Increasing footfall in our town centres is a key aspect of our work to support traders and to make it easier and more affordable for people to access local goods and services.

"Shoppers will be able to use their local shops and town centres for their festive shopping knowing they won’t have to pay extra for parking their car after 3pm."

Paula Basnett, CEO of Wirral Chamber of Commerce, said: "We welcome this news as it will certainly encourage Wirral residents and visitors to the Borough to use our retail centres, which can only be seen as a very positive move and one which will benefit our businesses and Wirral's economy."

The initiative applies to Council-operated car parks only; motorists will still have to pay for on-street parking in Birkenhead.

Source : Click Me
Posted By: Mark Re: Free Parking After 3 : returns for Christmas - 7th Nov 2015 9:51pm
Wirral Council : its of my opinion anyone with a car will shop where you can at least get what you want.
You killed the town center, reap what you sow. . .
Shopping centers are empty because you allow litter police to target shoppers, we also have zero tolerance for your poor efforts.

+ 3pm free parking what a joke. . . .

this is all my own personal opinion lol
Well they have sort of admitted they reduce footfall with the normal parking charges. Have to admit tend to do a lot more shopping online and get it delivered to home as its less hassle than trying to find a parking place, paying an extra quid or more parking fee and hunting around a store.

Dump Xmas and life gets even easier
Posted By: pepe26 Re: Free Parking After 3 : returns for Christmas - 8th Nov 2015 5:21pm
Is this realy the best he council can do !!!!!words fail me ! They have no concept of making this area popular and this explains why Birkenhead is dying .people with diposible income won't go because of a free after 3 in DEC . Here's a hint Wirral council suspend all parking costs for 6 months and see what happens to town
A lot of Wirral shopping areas were absolutely chocker on Friday and Saturday.
Expensive parking doesn't seem to have stopped shoppers going to Liverpool. Liverpool 1 parking is VERY pricey, yet is often packed.

The Pyramids is one of the worst multi storey car parks I've come across. Two thirds of the parking places are restricted by bloody great concrete pillars and are tricky to get into even in a small car.

Not that there's much in the Pyramids in he way of shops anyway, and the 'Food Court' is vile.

The best plan seems to be to park in Birkenhead and get the train into Liverpool.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral