Forums
Posted By: TudorBlue Collecting wood - 22nd Jan 2015 3:34pm
What are the bylaws for taking branches from deadfallen trees from the various woods around the wirral?Just curious. Im not on about cutting branches from healthy trees, Im taking about trees and branches that are dead or fallen
Posted By: Marto_martius Re: Collecting wood - 22nd Jan 2015 3:53pm
As far as I know you can take dead fall. But there has been a lot of it recently as a lot of people are now getting log burners, and as a result wood floors are picked clean and wildlife that thrive in and around dead wood and dead fall are suffering. So it maybe frowned upon now. Plus if it is a private wood you would probably need permission.
Posted By: clung22 Re: Collecting wood - 22nd Jan 2015 5:23pm
Hi.I asked a ranger in eastham woods about the same thing and he said no way at all its left for the wildlife.
Posted By: doglover4 Re: Collecting wood - 22nd Jan 2015 7:15pm
Loads of trees have come down in in Central Park during the recent winds. Sawn and taken away pretty smartish, I assume by the Rangers
Posted By: AR_One Re: Collecting wood - 23rd Jan 2015 8:54am
Wirral Council currently seems hell bent on cutting down every tree in the borough which upsets me greatly frown

I do know a couple of people who have asked the council staff when they're cutting up wood by the road if they can take some and they're only too happy - less for them to load into their truck!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral