Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 6th May 2014 9:47pm
The new red credit card-like tags to put on the brown wheelie bins are such a stupid idea. I can't see them standing up to the rough handling every fortnight, which could possibly mean the bin won't be emptied if they've dropped off.
There was nothing wrong with the bright orange sticker issued last year, and it was likely cheaper to produce than the latest tag.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 7th May 2014 5:10am
I agree, putting a credit card type permit on the brown bins is a bit stupid.

I've just got mine through and was a bit surprised at their idea for this years permit. If it dose go missing, whether being stolen or ripped off by the bin wagon. They do have an electronic list of who does have a permit and who doesn't.

As the years go by we will either have a bin handle full of cards and or brightly coloured stickers..
Posted By: Reno37 Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 7th May 2014 9:24am
Yes apt to agree the orange sticker was a more sensible format.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 8th May 2014 4:50pm
Bit worried about that myself actually - will have to see how they stand up to the collection lorries. The lorries will have to rely on their electronic record, I suppose. I agree the sticker was a better idea.
Posted By: kevinhit Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 8th May 2014 11:55pm
Thought the same thing..... why don't they just produce a different coloured sticker for each year?.....
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 9th May 2014 12:07am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
The new red credit card-like tags to put on the brown wheelie bins are such a stupid idea. I can't see them standing up to the rough handling every fortnight, which could possibly mean the bin won't be emptied if they've dropped off.
There was nothing wrong with the bright orange sticker issued last year, and it was likely cheaper to produce than the latest tag.
Anarchists may rip off the 'red thing', terrible.....
Posted By: Tatey Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 9th May 2014 6:34am
More to the point, how much did the whole scheme cost?
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Red tags for brown wheelie bins - 9th May 2014 8:24am
Oh dont worry. That will be paid back and then some by the inevitable year on year increase of the charge now the sceme is well established.
Im glad I got a composter.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral