Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 9:41pm
Your bright ideas to improve your community could become a reality

We want our local communities to thrive. We want local people to be proud of their neighbourhood. We want local people, with local ideas, to have the opportunity to make those ideas a reality.

So, we’ve made funding available to help.

The funding is available to tackle issues which are important to local communities in Leasowe, Moreton East, Moreton West, Saughall Massie, Liscard, Seacombe, New Brighton and Wallasey.

So, if you’re part of any community group, voluntary organisation or social enterprise and you have a project that will help the community, but need funding – there’s a great chance we can help.

Drop-in sessions will take place in January to support groups to make an application.

For more information about this funding and the drop in sessions:
Visit our website
Or e-mail [email protected]
Funding applications launch today with a deadline of the 24th January 2014 (12noon).
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 10:23pm
So other communities in Wirral area need not apply or do they get a chance as well.
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 10:34pm
Originally Posted by davew3
So other communities in Wirral area need not apply or do they get a chance as well.
Leasowe, Moreton East, Moreton West, Saughall Massie, Liscard, Seacombe, New Brighton and Wallasey.Looks like no other areas can apply.

Posted By: granny Re: Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 11:12pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Your bright ideas to improve your community could become a reality

We want our local communities to thrive. We want local people to be proud of their neighbourhood. We want local people, with local ideas, to have the opportunity to make those ideas a reality.

So, we’ve made funding available to help.

The funding is available to tackle issues which are important to local communities in Leasowe, Moreton East, Moreton West, Saughall Massie, Liscard, Seacombe, New Brighton and Wallasey.

So, if you’re part of any community group, voluntary organisation or social enterprise and you have a project that will help the community, but need funding – there’s a great chance we can help.

Drop-in sessions will take place in January to support groups to make an application.

For more information about this funding and the drop in sessions:
Visit our website
Or e-mail [email protected]
Funding applications launch today with a deadline of the 24th January 2014 (12noon).

Website please..
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 11:24pm
Sorry- I copied and pasted an e-mail, that I had recieved from W.B.C.

At a guess www.wirral.gov.uk
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Bright Ideas - 20th Dec 2013 11:35pm
Direct link

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service...tm_term=0_dc5293a1bc-9d9094ae38-48955353

Posted By: granny Re: Bright Ideas - 21st Dec 2013 12:26am
Thanks.

They have them for other areas besides Wallasey.
What a questionable idea it is. Why don't all those councillors, as a change from sitting around table, walk around and do a bit of knocking on doors, to really find out what the public are needing, i.e. see for themselves first hand.
All I can see is it's another way for their own self preservation at such uncertain times. Far too many of them on those committees for the idea to work successfully, Maybe they all want a little bit of praise towards the next time they stand for election.
Never see a single one of them, coming up to elections. Once upon a time they did knock on doors and talk to homeowners etc. And that would be every door in the street, not hand picked.

Posted By: Moonstar Re: Bright Ideas - 21st Dec 2013 9:37am
Thanks for the info Rude.

This type of scheme rather supposes that all those who might benefit belong to some sort of group or scheme. Bit odd really.

Posted By: granny Re: Bright Ideas - 21st Dec 2013 10:03am
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Thanks for the info Rude.

This type of scheme rather supposes that all those who might benefit belong to some sort of group or scheme. Bit odd really.

Hi Moonstar. Your comment is probably more or less what I intended to say, but I got caught up in a web of words laugh
Posted By: casper Re: Bright Ideas - 21st Dec 2013 10:50am
As Moonstar said it usually goes to organised groups, mostly good causes, but some of them questionable.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral