Forums
Posted By: venice How stupid is this!! - 11th Jun 2013 4:00pm
ERIC is our councils service for removing heavy bulky items to the tip ,and it does a reduction on cost for pensioners .£30 Brilliant service . I thought Id arrange it for the removal of an ancient three piece suite, sofabed and double bed belonging to a pensioner friend who's selling up to pay for a nursing home.
Ah ,good old ERIC , problem solved I thought --until I was informed she needed to make sure that all items were removed from the house and put at the bottom of the drive by 7am, ready for collection !!! So,basically --the service is useless to pensioners or the infirm !
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: How stupid is this!! - 12th Jun 2013 7:39am
hi, have heard a few bad things about ERIC lately, don't know whether or not, you got the items removed. If not i've just had fantastic dealings with dinkysmanandvanhire.co.uk, they were so cheap and removed tables and chairs and rubbish for me. you can email them for a quote, and they reply really quickly. i was well impressed. hope you get it sorted
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: How stupid is this!! - 12th Jun 2013 10:50am
Originally Posted by madimoo75
had fantastic dealings with dinkysmanandvanhire.co.uk,

I emailed them, they emailed back asking what I wanted moving, I told them, never heard back from them again.

Posted By: venice Re: How stupid is this!! - 12th Jun 2013 12:55pm
Thanks for suggestions, Fortunately the problem has been resolved.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral