Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 3:27pm
seriously pissed off after taking some rubbish to the bidston tip, 2 nails in 2 seperate tyres = 2 new tyres

thanks wbc, why dont those guys clean the place instead of standing around chit chatting with each other.

could have done without the expense of replacing 2 x 3 month old tyres frown
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 3:34pm
See if they have a facebook page if they have try slagging them off.it amazing how they get back to u..i done it with warrington council and got a result. a new tyre and paid me a day lose of earning.
Posted By: pebbles16 Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 4:45pm
My friend now pays for the council service to remove her rubbish, because every time she goes to the tip she gets a nail in her tyre. So it works out cheaper to get rubbish removed by WBC rather than pay out for a new tyre!
Posted By: beanie65 Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 8:46pm
Your best off going to West kirby tip, they seem to better organised there.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 8:49pm
Had the same problem, two tyres in all.

They used to have brushes out so you could clean up after tipping.

Will never go again.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 8:54pm
Load of bollocks, been in 3 cars and never had any trouble, always clean there so stop blaming the tip boys.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 10:00pm
Hi Ste just tried to send you a pm regarding an Arcade Console, 1980's, unfortunately wiki wouldn't let me. Sorry for being off topic.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 10:03pm
By the way, use Spital tip regularly,in fact since it's been there. Never had a problem or a puncture.Seems to be a bit of a claim culture.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 27th Apr 2013 11:41pm
Bidston Tip is operated by Veolia [a French Company] on behalf of Merseyside Waste Disposal Authority.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 2:39am
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Bidston Tip is operated by Veolia [a French Company] on behalf of Merseyside Waste Disposal Authority.

?

Jabber sorry man but seriously you would not of got the nails in your tyres from there unless there was somebody in front of you unloading old wood with nails in whilst you were there.

The place is always brushed and any normal person clears up their crap whilst they're there anyway once they have finished dumping.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 5:45am
There's always someone moaning and trying to blame the council.
The truth is you don't know where the nails come from.
My hunch is the quick fit boys throwing nails in the road to boost there bonus.
What do you think?

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 8:39am
withthat
Posted By: Touchstone Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 9:32am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Touchstone

?

The title of the thread is "W.B.C. tip Bidston", hence me pointing out the tip isn't actually operated by the Council. The Council may be to blame for many things, but it's a bit unfair to blame for something they're not responsible for.
I agree with you though that the nails came from somebody unloading wood whilst Jabber was there.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 10:26am
ok so my reasoning behind knowing the nails came from there..

i pulled up , emptied the car, left the tip and got a flat just after leaving the place. I find a rusty nail in back left, so i check the front and theres a rusty nail in there

now by my reasoning if those nails had been in the tyres for more than a few hundred yards the heads of the nails would have been silvered as the rust would have been polished off from driving on them !

its not the first time this has happened to me after leaving there !
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 10:28am
PS ok im wrong about WBC running it, sry
handbag
Posted By: Moonstar Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 12:17pm
Maybe it is just bad luck but I have to agree with Jabber on this. I am not blaming anyone and have never made a claim on anything, ever.

Posted By: kittykat Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 1:00pm
Off topic I know but on a similar note....I've driven a lot of Wirral this morning and seen discarded tyres everywhere in batches of 2,3 or 4! Has anyone else noticed this?
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: W.B.C. tip bidston - 28th Apr 2013 4:25pm
im not going to be making a claim about it , its just bad luck. im just gutted it happened to 2 new tyres that have done less then 1500 miles !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral