Forums
Posted By: Focuzed Pay to park outside your house? - 17th Apr 2013 11:21am
Just seen this, is there no end to what wirral council will do ?
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ront-of-their-own-homes-100252-33185655/
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 17th Apr 2013 12:21pm
What a P**S take!! there is no way I am paying to park in front of my house on a public highway! I pay my car tax!!! rant over.
Posted By: sam_w Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 17th Apr 2013 4:57pm
Paying for parking after 3pm..... Paying for brown bins..... Paying to park outside my own house! When will they stop, we will soon have to pay extra tax per sheet of toilet paper!

Glad my drive fits all my cars smile
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 17th Apr 2013 9:19pm
Oh my word, are they having a laugh, half the time I can't even get a space anywhere near my house and they want to start charging????
Posted By: Buffalo82 Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 17th Apr 2013 9:53pm
What would they do with the money ? Bet you it wouldn't be used to fix the pot holes!!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 6:56am
Haha get real!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 7:20am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Haha get real!

The number of cars you have Ste, you will need a second job to pay the fee's
Posted By: Basisboy Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 5:12pm
In London this is common practice... My manager pays £600 per year to park outside her house and has to pay additional for anyone visiting including workmen. I hope I'm wrong but maybe just a matter of time.
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 5:31pm
As already stated we pay road tax, that is enough without paying to park outside our house too. Those with drives won't have to pay but I don't have a drive. I can't afford any more extra charges! And I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to pay for visitors too so therefore noone could come to mine. Ridiculous idea of the council. They are taking as much as they can from anywhere they can
Posted By: Salmon Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 5:56pm
Originally Posted by forshawj
In London this is common practice... My manager pays £600 per year to park outside her house and has to pay additional for anyone visiting including workmen. I hope I'm wrong but maybe just a matter of time.

Yes most London boroughs do charge for residents parking but in the main it helps the residents as they can actually park close to their own properties rather than having the road clogged by commuters.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 6:21pm
It's easy to to help put a stop to this garbage by voting for someone else in the forthcoming elections or just telling your local Councillor that's what you will do, they won't take a blind bit of notice, as it's a Labour area, where a red rosette is guaranteed to win and they know they will still get voted in, but at least it calm you down a bit.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 18th Apr 2013 7:33pm
Originally Posted by davew3
It's easy to to help put a stop to this garbage by voting for someone else in the forthcoming elections or just telling your local Councillor that's what you will do, they won't take a blind bit of notice, as it's a Labour area, where a red rosette is guaranteed to win and they know they will still get voted in, but at least it calm you down a bit.
The Wirral wasn't always a shoo-in for Labour...
Why is it I wonder, that Labour voters still carry on voting Labour all their lives, no matter how much they're screwed by them? [Clue: "The definition of insanity is..."]
Party Loyalty trumps Common Sense, for most people, I suppose...
Posted By: RedLance Re: Pay to park outside your house? - 20th Apr 2013 6:45pm
Doesn't matter who you vote for they all look to take as much as they can from us just that the tories do it more blatantly mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral