Forums
Posted By: venice Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 9:15am
Kevinhit's suggestion of a turd tax , made me think we could all do with a bit more of a laugh regarding council 'charges', so Im starting this short thread for spoof ideas from you Wiki folk , for the Council to consider , on how they can fleece you some more, and tongue in cheek ways how it could be implemented! Come on people , let your imagination go wild!
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 9:25am
Surely it has to be the air we breath, same as petrol they charge per litre ?
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 9:27am
as a green tax they could have a pay as you fart service to
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 9:37am
hi What about bonking/sex tax?, and if you use a rubber ITS double BUT there could be problems they might charge a time limit?.... omg
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 9:58am
Reinstate the window tax!
Posted By: starakita Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:12am
what about a single person sleeping in a double bed tax
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:21am
Here's a good one...a bedroom tax! If you have empty bedrooms the government will charge you for them. But if you turn a bedroom into a mosque you don't have to pay! Outrageous i know, it's just a thought i had, it'll never happen!
Posted By: Bennie Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:26am
hOW ABOUT A PAVEMENT TAX TO BE PAID BY ANYONE WALKING DOWN A STREET, WEAR AND TEAR ON PAVEMENTS.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:44am
A going out at night tax, to pay the electric bill for lamposts.
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 11:55am
how about introducing bo wardens, doleing out on the spot fines, for anyone, causing other members of the public to have to hold their noses, due the smell of their underarms lol
Posted By: madimoo75 Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 11:56am
or introducing pyjama police, to stop and fine, any person who thinks shopping or walking the streets in their pj's is ok
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:05pm
Rain tax, for the automatic watering of your garden.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:25pm
Wind tax, for drying washing on the line...
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:37pm
Quote Dilly "A going out at night tax, to pay the electric bill for lamposts."

To further that one Dilly, a machine on the base of each lamp post that you have to pedal like hell for five minutes , to generate enough leccy to get you from lamp post to lamp post, hence eliminating the need for WBC to light any of them!

SilentReader . 'A fart tax' . Yes I see this helping the above in some way .Maybe some sort of offsettting. grin

MissMarjong we will enlist Silentreaders ideas plus offsetting here too |I think. grin
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:46pm
yewgarth ! A bedroom tax? Really, your idea is just too silly. Shame on you!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:50pm
A manhood tax, oh well I won't be paying much into that !
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 12:55pm
Originally Posted by mikethetrainman
hi What about bonking/sex tax?, and if you use a rubber ITS double BUT there could be problems they might charge a time limit?.... omg

Mike Im interested in your ideas to monitor folk for this very profitable tax? tele screens from council to bedroom? Sex only allowed in pay as you use booths in designated places? grin
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 1:02pm
Well of course Dilly , if this was charged by the centimetre, we would suddenly have a county of much more modest menfolk! grin grin blush
Posted By: TheDr Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 1:42pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

That's a very gender specific tax, unless women had to pay for what they have.

How does the multiple occupancy rate work ?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 1:59pm
Originally Posted by madimoo75
or introducing pyjama police, to stop and fine, any person who thinks shopping or walking the streets in their pj's is ok

I'd vote for that.
Posted By: starakita Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 2:05pm
Originally Posted by TheDr

That's a very gender specific tax, unless women had to pay for what they have.

How does the multiple occupancy rate work ?
a tax on the size of a womans boobs
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 3:34pm
oh yes a bra tax, that would leave a few of our larger ladies strapped for cash.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 3:40pm
A tax on eating in the street.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 3:55pm
oh yes a bra tax, that would leave a few of our larger ladies strapped for cash.
LMAO,love that one mate.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:01pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

I'd vote for that.
I agree to that,cant get my head round to why women wear pjs outside in the street.What about tax on swearing.
Posted By: Davefabo Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:02pm
How about a using the word 'Wirral" tax, but that would put an end to this forum!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:03pm
Originally Posted by guitarlad
Originally Posted by chriskay

I'd vote for that.
I agree to that,cant get my head round to why women wear pjs outside in the street.What about tax on swearing.

f::k that !
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:03pm
LMAO,love that one mate.

No guitarlad, to avoid the tax, that would leave our larger ladies UNstrapped for cash! grin
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:12pm
also for our larger ladies,knicker elastic tax. maybe thats stretching it. laugh
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:13pm
A playground tax. They could make all the public park facilities like on the fairground where you stick your kid in and then bung a quid into the cointaker to make it work.

Good God, Dyou know what Wiki people -- this thread should serve to show us how lucky we are , the council hardly taxes us on anything !!!!! wink ------YET eek
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:17pm
Originally Posted by venice
LMAO,love that one mate.

No guitarlad, to avoid the tax, that would leave our larger ladies UNstrapped for cash! grin
Bigger knickers tax haha
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:19pm
[quote=venice]A playground tax. They could make all the public park facilities like on the fairground where you stick your kid in and then bung a quid into the cointaker to make it work.

Good God, Dyou know what Wiki people -- this thread should serve to show us how lucky we are , the council hardly taxes us on anything !!!!! wink ------YET eek [/quote
best hope they are not watching Venice.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 4:38pm
Us larger ladies already pay a LOT of money for BRAS......!£25-£30 THANKS...lol
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 5:41pm
I have a good one - very relevant at the moment maybe - how about a POLL TAX where every person pays the same towards local services regardless of where they live

I am sure there could be few objections to such a simple system

Snod
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 7:41pm
Originally Posted by venice
Originally Posted by mikethetrainman

Mike Im interested in your ideas to monitor folk for this very profitable tax? tele screens from council to bedroom? Sex only allowed in pay as you use booths in designated places? grin
they would only charge us a TV licence tax for the monitors...
Posted By: Bennie Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 7:44pm
I think that a bedroom tax could work well.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 8:54pm
Originally Posted by Bennie
I think that a bedroom tax could work well.

I'm wondering what happens to people in bed sits, is it a living room, is it a bedroom, do they pay only the rate for the space their bed takes up, which means its not big enough to be classed as a bedroom at all.
What if they use a sofa bed, is it only a bedroom for the time they're sleeping in it and do they get a rebate for the time the bed is folded away, how will they monitor this to allow for the difference in sleep patterns between normal human beings and university students.

Posted By: granny Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:05pm
Toll roads around Wirral or 'traffic lights' tax. Every set of traffic lights we go through,.... bingo! Car reg and automatic payment sent through the post at the end of each tax year. They like getting at the motorists, so why stop with the car parks? Plus there's enough traffic/pedestrian lights to raise millions.
Posted By: Bennie Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:13pm
do students sleep?
Posted By: Bennie Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:14pm
I still think a pavement tax would raise loadsamoney.
Posted By: granny Re: Council money raising ideas - 13th Apr 2013 10:19pm
Anyone who puts Christmas lights up.
I can actually see that happening one day,in the not too distant future but, probably as a fine.
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 7:17am
Tax for those leaving their gardens unsightly with long grass and unkempt bushes. Then they could ensnare you into paying either this or the garden bin tax! Kind council giving choices!!
Posted By: insanekitty Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 9:36am
Well in the center of Town you could just tax fat, drunk or smacked up people

but then again where would the money come from - us taxpayers again!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 9:45am
wont be long before we all have to "pay as you speak"!!
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 11:38am
What about a picture hanging TAX? in homes so much for pictures in the living room, so much for pictures in the hall etc etc.... think
Posted By: Bennie Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 12:40pm
What about an umbrella tax ? that would cover it all
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 12:43pm
Originally Posted by granny
Anyone who puts Christmas lights up.
I can actually see that happening one day,in the not too distant future but, probably as a fine.
Maybe a tax for putting them up to early eg NOV grrrrrr
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 12:54pm
How about a massive parking tax that you have to pay just to go shopping, visit the ATM, etc?
Surely this would entice thousands more people to support their local community by shopping locally?
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 1:46pm
How about a speech tax, charged per word spoken. Obviously they would need to fit microphones into every home and street on the wirral, which could be covered by an intelligence tax. They could charge extra for anything they don't like you saying. However if you mime the words you get a 50% discount as no sound is actually made, but if you want to opt into this service you would need cameras fitted as well as the microphones, which would increase your intelligence tax payments.
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 2:29pm
Could all be taxed on how many times you pick your noses lol.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 2:49pm
how about a tax tax, they could charge us tax on tax.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 3:23pm
How about a 'spitting' tax, gross habit of many.....
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 3:46pm
Sorry this one is sexist. I`d have a tax on women who sit at the traffic lights in their car, flicking their hair with their left hand. Buy some Head And Shoulders, not flick dandruff!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 3:56pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Sorry this one is sexist. I`d have a tax on women who sit at the traffic lights in their car, flicking their hair with their left hand. Buy some Head And Shoulders, not flick dandruff!

Sociological studies have shown that women flipping their hair and/or twisting it in their fingers is form of flirting as they show attraction.

If this happens to you at traffic lights a lot maybe they're trying to tell you something.
Posted By: Santos Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 3:57pm
Double Buggy tax
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 4:17pm
Yes Dr , I thought so, till I realised they where looking at themselves in the mirror :-(
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 5:15pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by ZipperClub

Sociological studies have shown that women flipping their hair and/or twisting it in their fingers is form of flirting as they show attraction.

If this happens to you at traffic lights a lot maybe they're trying to tell you something.
you are only jealous guess you are bald then.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 5:25pm
my hair is getting cut this evening, well long, and no, I don't do comb overs lol. I used to be a "Greaser" Long hair, leather jacket, girl on each arm.. vivid imagination..
Posted By: granny Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 10:33pm
Birthday tax.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 10:53pm
lucky if your born on a leap year :-)
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Council money raising ideas - 14th Apr 2013 11:10pm
Too many kids sharing a bedroom tax
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 15th Apr 2013 5:22pm
-Very many thanks Wiki folk for the great imput . All brilliant ideas! Hope they have cheered everyone up as much as they have me .
Ah, I suppose I should declare here that I work for WBC's elite T.H.I.E.F. committee.(Top Horrible Ideas for Easy Fleecing) blush
We are so impressed by the quality of suggestions, that ALL are to be put into practice on April 1st 2014 grin grin
Love
Venice x

Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Council money raising ideas - 15th Apr 2013 5:36pm
fook all would suprise us!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Council money raising ideas - 15th Apr 2013 5:46pm
Nice one Venice we have all enjoyed it, but I don't think it's finished yet.
Posted By: venice Re: Council money raising ideas - 15th Apr 2013 6:46pm
Short of a 'lifes blood' tax I cant think of anything else they could do to anyone! mad mad grin grin
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Council money raising ideas - 16th Apr 2013 7:59am
There should definitely be a tax on supermarket dawdlers... You know, those annoying people who insist on stopping dead in the middle of a supermarket aisle with their trolley positioned diagonally so no one else can get past them, and decide now would be a good time to discuss, with some friend they've just bumped into, the holiday they've just been on/are going on mad Perhaps they could call it the "spread room tax" grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral