Forums
Posted By: ponytail Easter School Holidays - 5th Feb 2013 9:27pm
I've just noticed that the kids are on holiday, along with the kids from Wales at the same dates over Easter. However, Liverpool school holidays are the 1st 2 weeks in April. Seems unfair as most kids could want to go over to Liverpool and some meet up with their pals. Why are the Wirral Ed Auth doing this - it makes no sense. Just means that whilst the kids are on holiday, if parents work in Liverpool in education, then they will really only have 1 weeks holiday.
Wirral schools are off last week in March and 1st week in April. The rest of Merseyside have Easter as the 1st 2 weeks in April. But Wirral have the same dates off as schools in Wales.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Easter School Holidays - 5th Feb 2013 10:06pm
Also means you can have a weeks holiday somwhere without a load of scousers being there--- hooray!
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Easter School Holidays - 6th Feb 2013 8:26am
That was naughty fish5133
Anyway back to the point
Council office workers seem to make everything hard work for everyone and everything difficult to understand, it's there job.
They are paid vast sallerys to make everyone's life a misery not to mention there golden pensions
Posted By: Pinkyroo Re: Easter School Holidays - 6th Feb 2013 10:21am
Good Friday is in the last wk of march so think Wirral hav got it right and Liverpool wrong this time. I work in school an were always off the week of good fri and the wk of Easter mon.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Easter School Holidays - 6th Feb 2013 12:46pm
I agree with pinky wirral have it right. Easter is always over2 weeks to include good Friday and Easter Monday. However schools in Liverpool are closed on good Friday as well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral