Forums
Posted By: bobi1 Residents Only Parking - 3rd Feb 2010 10:47pm
Just had notification that the council is proposing to turn our road into residents only parking. At present we have trouble with cars and transit vans parking right up to the corners of the road which obscures your view in a car when trying to turn into traffic on to the main road. Although this area has double yellow lines there is nearly always someone parked there and I've never seen anyone getting a parking ticket. As such I feel the potential hassle to residents of having to show permits (plus having to hand out visitors permits to anyone coming to your house, which they might drive off with and a new one costs £39) is a heavy handed approach to tackling persistent repeat offenders who park at the mouth of the road.

Does anyone have a more positive experience of permit only parking that they would like to pass on? Otherwise I think I'm going to lodge a complaint to the proposal.
Posted By: starakita Re: Residents Only Parking - 22nd Apr 2010 6:41pm
my daughter lives in ellesmere port. they had a parking permit and she was given a book of visitors permits. there like scratchcards with month and date on them. you only use the ticket once so it dosent matter if the visitor drives of with it.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Residents Only Parking - 23rd Apr 2010 1:31am
Now that sounds like a good idea, but in the blurb that came with the notification of a change in the parking in our road it came across that we would get some permits that we have to hand out to visitors and if lost would cost money to replace. I will press the council for these scratch cards when they get round to making the new arrangements official. Thanks for your comment starakita, nice to know there is a solution.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Residents Only Parking - 23rd Apr 2010 5:10am
People should be more careful where they park anyway, apart from the fact they may have paid a great deal of money for the car, they don't seem to respect other road users ie: parking next to another car on opposite side of road.
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Residents Only Parking - 23rd Apr 2010 7:33am
Buy a wheel clamp for those unfamiliar cars/vans! They would then change their minds about where they parked!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral