Forums
Posted By: Mark Charity : Unwanted Christmas Gifts - 26th Dec 2015 10:20am
Have you received Christmas presents which you do not want....If so what will you do with them...May I suggest you offer them to the volunteers who run the Wirral St Johns Hospice Stall at West Kirby Car Boot Sale....for the past five years the car boot sale has helped out local charities, with close on £5500 raised for St Johns over the past three years and £3500 for the West Kirby Cancer Charity shop previously...any unwanted small items would be gratefully received for when the car boot sales start again in ten weeks time...check out facebook site at West Kirby Fc Car Boot Sale to see recent cheque presentation...any unwanted items can be collected if required ....thank you organiser

Ive posted this on behalf of Organiser, any questions ask below im sure he will be happy to help.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Charity : Unwanted Christmas Gifts - 27th Dec 2015 9:41am
Made the mistake one year of making some derogatory comment as i unwrapped a frog on a lily pad garden ornament that my wifes late nan had got me ....this was following the robin ornament the previous year. What i had forgotten was we were recording the children opening their presents. My wife played back the video on boxing day at her nans. They do say it is the thought that counts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Charity : Unwanted Christmas Gifts - 27th Dec 2015 10:36am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Made the mistake one year of making some derogatory comment as i unwrapped a frog on a lily pad garden ornament that my wifes late nan had got me ....this was following the robin ornament the previous year. What i had forgotten was we were recording the children opening their presents. My wife played back the video on boxing day at her nans. They do say it is the thought that counts.

A classic "Oh sh*t" moment eh? grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral