Forums
Posted By: st__E Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 10:34am
Hi all ive just had some seedy bloke knock at my door telling me he can clean my carpet in one of my rooms for free so he can get his product advertised.

I thought fair enough i can my front room cleaned for nout... haha

has anyone had this today around the tranmere area? I've done some research and it tells me its just so he can get in and drive a hard sales pitch for 2 hours. I've told him to come round at 3 but now im like errr nah im not opening the door.

Need some advice

cheers

ste

edit: i hope this is the correct place to post this sort of topic
Posted By: Salmon Re: Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 10:40am
Sounds like the old traditional Kirby Vacuum patter, not a carpet clean as such, just a vacuum.If you do let them in beware, as you say two hours of hard sales patter at least.
Posted By: granny Re: Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 11:10am
Sounds very much like Kirby cleaners. Don't believe them.

Our next door neighbour practiced on us once. Yes, at least 2 hours talk and they clean a patch of the carpet, a square by the door or something, just to show you how it works. If you want the rest of the carpet done you have to do it yourself, and will probably buy one of their cleaners !
Don't let the buggers in.
Feel sorry for the kids that take these jobs on, but when interviewed they are not told much about the job or even which company it is for. Based in Birkenhead.
Posted By: starakita Re: Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 11:23am
I had these a few years back,the first time I got the sales pitch but I wasn't going to buy one & after that they would come round & clean the carpet but you had to recommend 10 other people.The last time they came round they saw a dyson in the hall so I didn't get bothered again still got my free washing up stuff or whatever it was they were giving away.
Posted By: st__E Re: Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 12:30pm
cheers for the replies people. I've been going through it in my head and this chap didn't give me the name of the product, his company etc so ill just ignore the door when they knock (if they knock) and if they persist ill have to go out and tell them to do one.
Posted By: conan Re: Is it Free Carpet Cleaning - 14th Oct 2015 6:55pm
I own Professional commercial carpet cleaner.

Maybe i should invite them round and challenge them to a clean off lol. crazy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral