Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 7:50pm
Store this number in your phones. Do the right thing. Not 'in the morning'. Not 'when I can be arsed'. Not when 'I know it is on Wiki- somewhere' Now. Thank you. smile

Attached picture Noreasonfor2ndnight.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 8:30pm
"There for Grace of God" etc... Last weekend, I was in an Emmaus Centre (Cambridge) for rehabilitating the homeless. What a fantastic job they do. Yes, all too easy to look the other way. It could be ANY of us. Good post Rude!

http://www.emmaus.org.uk/
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 8:39pm
and it took me two seconds to post, Pinz!!! That is all. No great effort- whatsoever.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 8:43pm
and it took me two seconds to post, Pinz!!! That is all. No great effort- whatsoever. All I am asking of people is to ring the number if they see a rough sleeper! Not that hard, is it??

Rough Sleepers are Humans, FFS!!!
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 8:44pm
Heads up to Nigel and his colleagues at Birkenhead ymca who do a great job.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 8:47pm
Originally Posted by pacef8
Heads up to Nigel and his colleagues at Birkenhead ymca who do a great job.
withthat- a good friend of mine is trying to set up a Soup- Kitchen in Birkenhead. Pm Me please, so we can work cohesive x
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 9:08pm
Bernie and the team at Thompsons Mission do a great job in clothing and feeding the homeless and less fortunate--all on voluntary donations. Sad to say they are usually quite busy.

Number on mobile.
Posted By: granny Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 9:36pm
There used to be a soup kitchen for the homeless in Birkenhead and surrounds. What happened to that ?

Masses of homeless on the streets in Rome when we went there. Volunteers would be out and about every night giving soups and bread etc to them. Obviously an accepted practice, as not all of them wish to be part of any structured assistance. That I can understand and maybe we could do something similar here. The YMCA and other places will NOT always have enough space to accommodate them.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 9:48pm
Charles Thomson Mission still do sterling work in Birkenhead.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 10:36pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Store this number in your phones. Do the right thing. Not 'in the morning'. Not 'when I can be arsed'. Not when 'I know it is on Wiki- somewhere' Now. Thank you. smile

Ok noted ..

There was a man who used to sleep on the bench outside the Police station in Neston for yrs used to see him all the time sometimes he would go back to his wife, so the locals were telling me,but was never for long before he was back on the streets again,I always look out for them,another time I came across a young man lying on his back on the pavement so drunk I couldn't`t wake him up, it was freezing cold so I called the Ambulance,as I feared he would freeze,jeez` I could go on and on of the people I've come across in the early hours.
Anyone remember the "Dude, from Bromborough,not seen him for yrs now.
Posted By: hagar Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 13th Jan 2015 10:53pm
anyone remember the hairdresser who lived in brougham road and used to sleep round liscard even during the day? Can't remember his name.
Posted By: starakita Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 14th Jan 2015 10:58am
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Ok noted ..

There was a man who used to sleep on the bench outside the Police station in Neston for yrs used to see him all the time sometimes he would go back to his wife, so the locals were telling me,but was never for long before he was back on the streets again,I always look out for them,another time I came across a young man lying on his back on the pavement so drunk I couldn't`t wake him up, it was freezing cold so I called the Ambulance,as I feared he would freeze,jeez` I could go on and on of the people I've come across in the early hours.
Anyone remember the "Dude, from Bromborough,not seen him for yrs now.
Good on you Van,my friends brother died from hypothermia,he was drunk & fell asleep.
Posted By: valli Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 15th Jan 2015 11:54am
Already had this on my phone.Rude.Just never thought to share it on here.Good that people know and if they want to help they can
Posted By: Dilly Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 15th Jan 2015 1:02pm
Originally Posted by Kevinar
anyone remember the hairdresser who lived iLiverpoolham road and used to sleep round liscard even during the day? Can't remember his name.

That's Kevin, my daughter saw him about 4 years or so in Liverpool. I used to drink with him in the Old bank pub on King st.
Posted By: venice Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 15th Jan 2015 7:09pm
Not saying he was definitely a rough sleeper, I dont really know, but just thinking back to people you see wandering the streets day after day, does anyone by any chance remember 'Monty', he was a little guy who wore maybe three or four hats one on top of the other, in Liverpool City centre in the 70's . I believe he had suffered shellshock in the war .
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 18th Jan 2015 12:03am
Perhaps we should all carry a tepid can of Carlsberg Special Brew and a ready rolled ciggy in case we happen upon a rough sleeper as in my experience all they require is an alcohol top up and a hefty smoke before they are content again like a baby after its bottle.

It must be said though the price of a 4 pack of Special Brew is now at £8 so even that may be considered a grand gesture...can they not survive on Skol?
Posted By: Smiler_ Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 18th Jan 2015 9:07am
Originally Posted by DJDuck
Perhaps we should all carry a tepid can of Carlsberg Special Brew and a ready rolled ciggy in case we happen upon a rough sleeper as in my experience all they require is an alcohol top up and a hefty smoke before they are content again like a baby after its bottle.

It must be said though the price of a 4 pack of Special Brew is now at £8 so even that may be considered a grand gesture...can they not survive on Skol?
You nasty piece of work, I hope that you never need some help in your life.
Posted By: valli Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 18th Jan 2015 6:02pm
It can happen to anyone Illness Redundancy Abuse and many other factors .Rich or poor suffer the same as everyone else.Shocked at some of the responses on here.Have some Compassion in your soul DJDuck
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Spotted a Rough Sleeper - 18th Jan 2015 6:48pm
-7 tonight predicted tonight, guys.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...elter-liverpools-homeless-people-8468721

frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral