Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Walkers --New Cafe Open Thurstaston - 19th Dec 2014 6:26pm
Whilst on my school crossing duty at School Lane I spotted a new Tea Shop sign. So on a damp gloomy end of term afternoon the tempting thought of a hot drink and cake was enough to get me too explore. Signposted off School Lane Thurstaston (by Heatherlands) a 300m walk down a muddy track (no cars allowed) found the xmas tree still lit and a warm welcome. Another watering hole for ramblers rambling between Thursaston and Royden . Open boxing day as well 10 till 3 serving mince pies mulled wine coffee cakes.
Normal opening times Wednesday to sunday 9am till 4:30. Prices on the normal higher coffee cake scale. Pot Tea £1.90 and coffee around £2.25 to £2.60. Dogs welcome outside in the fenced area.
Not on commission but I might try and wangle a coffee out of them--just mention Rob the Lolipop man !!
Benty Farm off school lane or on the track between Thursaston Royden

Posted By: venice Re: Walkers --New Cafe Open Thurstaston - 19th Dec 2014 7:36pm
Slightly on the high side , but I suppose once youve walked a fair way to get there, especially in Winter , you're not going to turn away coffeeless, are you. How does it compare in decor and ambiance etc with other 'select' coffee shops that charge those sort of prices?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Walkers --New Cafe Open Thurstaston - 19th Dec 2014 10:10pm
Very nice inside, pleasant ambience all lit up for xmas. Slightly rustic feel. reminded me a bit about The Irby Mill Pub. Would possibly be a bit cramped if all tables occupied. Would say its better ambience and feel than the café AJs? at Wirral Country Park. Similar to Linghams without the sofa Will be catering for the muddy boot brigade so didn't notice carpets etc.
Now if your looking for value for money--tea and cream cake (Viennese whirl, cream donut, éclair, cream scone, custard slice) £1.40 plus a pasty £1 in the small Papa Joes shop at Brimstage Hall Courtyard. They only have a couple of small tables inside but I normally eat on bench outside. Bon Appetit
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Walkers --New Cafe Open Thurstaston - 19th Dec 2014 11:26pm
I like the sound of the Benty Farm cafe for something a bit different for walkers - hope they make a go of it there. Can also vouch for Papa Joe's at Brimstage, though I admit I haven't been there for a while. They used to have yummy granola/flapjack-type bars, which are well worth a try.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral