Forums
Posted By: Nigel New camera on A41 - 23rd Aug 2014 4:33pm
Has anyone noticed the new camera on the A41 opposite the Texaco garage by Lairds?

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 23rd Aug 2014 4:46pm
Could be cctv or anpr won't be another speed camera.
Posted By: davew3 Re: New camera on A41 - 23rd Aug 2014 6:44pm
Anpr, getting ready for next year and the thousands of us motorists who forget that the road tax disc is not being replaced and it's all being done via Anpr camera's with automatic fines worth thousands if you get caught having NOT paid your road tax on time, the delights of light bulbs, vacuum cleaners and soon black boxes and the EU.
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 23rd Aug 2014 7:07pm
As long as you have insurance,mot and a valid tax disc you won't have any problems. If you don't then you deserve to be fined.
Posted By: j_demo Re: New camera on A41 - 23rd Aug 2014 10:23pm
Originally Posted by Finney
As long as you have insurance,mot and a valid tax disc you won't have any problems. If you don't then you deserve to be fined.

this. very much this.
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 6:24am
I love reading the tosh from such people as Finney and J.demo, have these never put a foot wrong in life , never forgotten to do something ? Maybe they should be nominated for a sainthood.
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 9:13am
Why thank you dilly. When it comes to the law and motor vehicles I always make sure my documents are up to date, in the thirty years I have held a license I have NEVER FORGOTTEN TO RENEW THE TAX,INSURANCE OR M.O.T.
How would you feel if an uninsured motorist crashed into you, left you with injuries and a unrepairable car, would you then be calling my comment "TOSH". Again if you drive a motor vehicle without any of the relevant documents then you deserve to go before the magistrates and be fined.
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 9:48am
http://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/driving-without-insurance-tax-or-mot.html

Might be worth reading.
No mot...£1000 fine
No insurance....£300 fine, 6 penalty points, and vehicle possibly seized.
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 10:13am
Finney I bet when you were at school you had a badge saying perfect, sorry I mean prefect. smile
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 10:27am
Dilly I'm sorry if the truth hurts but the law is the law. Just for the record I was not a prefect at school,but as part of my job I have to know about traffic law and its implications.

Let's just hope you are driving legally...
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 10:43am
I keep my vehicle paperwork in order, and so should everyone else.

Hopefully this will help catch any of the free loaders who think they are exempt from paying their way.

If your car is important, then the anniversary of tax, mot and insurance should be as equally important.
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 10:44am
Dilly I'm sorry if the truth hurts but the law is the law. Just for the record I was not a prefect at school,but as part of my job I have to know about traffic law and its implications.

I don't drive smile
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 10:53am
Originally Posted by Dilly

I don't drive smile

Dilly if you don't drive then how can you comment.
Stuymac I agree with you.
Posted By: bigpete Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 12:02pm
Thanks for the heads-up.

To go back to the OP - I'm more bothered about the Big Brother aspect - they'll be one on every lamp-post soon....
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 12:08pm
Originally Posted by bigpete
Thanks for the heads-up.

To go back to the OP - I'm more bothered about the Big Brother aspect - they'll be one on every lamp-post soon....

That's not a bad thing bigpete, the more uninsured drivers out there the larger your insurance premium. The more people that get caught then in time premiums will be lowered
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:32pm
Finney, I comment because I have an opinion, I remember you commenting on Willo selling his bike which in actual fact had jack s##t to do with you ! And if you think premiums will ever drop you are living in a dream world.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:35pm
Finney, I comment because I have an opinion, I remember you commenting on Willo selling his bike which in actual fact had jack s##t to do with you ! And if you think premiums will ever drop you are living in a dream world.

Aye, tis right finwald, they shall find another excuse to blame the high premiums on smile
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:40pm
Ah as I suspected early on in this topic another wallasey troll and no doubt a lover of the pizza/burger king himself.
As you don't drive dilly I don't expect you to appreciate what expense us legal law abiding drivers have to incur on a yearly basis
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:46pm
Ah as I suspected early on in this topic another wallasey troll and no doubt a lover of the pizza/burger king himself.
As you don't drive dilly I don't expect you to appreciate what expense us legal law abiding drivers have to incur on a yearly basis

Nowhere have I said I can't drive, I just choose not to. As for another Wallasey troll and lover of burger king, yes I do enjoy the occasional burger don't you, or is that against the law too ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:46pm

What are you talking about?

smile
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:51pm

I don't drive smile

Sorry dilly as quoted you did say I don't drive.....think you need to go lye down in a dark room....I also think you have gone completely off topic
Posted By: Dilly Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 1:57pm
It has been nice chatting with you Finney but you really are tedious so I will say goodbye. Goodbye !
Posted By: Finney Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 2:04pm
Goodbye dilly. At last this thread can get back on topic
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: New camera on A41 - 24th Aug 2014 11:43pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: New camera on A41 - 28th Aug 2014 7:44am
The more people that get caught then in time premiums will be lowered

Ye right and you believe that do you? Gullible comes to mind.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New camera on A41 - 28th Aug 2014 8:46am
Surely catching people without tax / mot / insurance is a good thing?
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: New camera on A41 - 28th Aug 2014 3:23pm
MOT and Insurance maybe, but name one thing that is good about collection of Vehicle Tax? (Like they don't already get enough tax / duty already, on fuels?)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New camera on A41 - 28th Aug 2014 9:35pm
Ah, I didn't say it was a good tax, but it's a tax you have to pay to use the roads, I pay it, so should everyone else if they have to. If they can't afford it, they shouldn't be driving.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: New camera on A41 - 29th Aug 2014 8:57am
If you don't like it, get a car with low or zero rated VED. There's plenty around.

http://www.roadtaxprices.co.uk/Road_Tax_Band_A_Cars.htm
Posted By: artie40 Re: New camera on A41 - 7th Oct 2014 7:08pm
Why is it that some people think it's your duty to cheat on your Road Tax/Insurance/MOT, do they not understand that your insurance is void if you do not have all three and I agree with finney, why should some idiots think it's clever to drive a car when you are not covered?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: New camera on A41 - 7th Oct 2014 7:30pm
Originally Posted by artie40
Why is it that some people think it's your duty to cheat on your Road Tax/Insurance/MOT, do they not understand that your insurance is void if you do not have all three and I agree with finney, why should some idiots think it's clever to drive a car when you are not covered?

I only see one idiot in this thread.
Posted By: gerry1 Re: New camera on A41 - 19th Mar 2015 3:46pm
Well the camera sign is pointing at the garage and is clearly marked as 30 mph, so it could be a speed cam for garages when you try to get out without paying.
I need to talk to (Jessey ventura) could be a conspiracy to trick motorist to pay more in fines.

Now where did I leave my car, and why have I not got an app for the camera on my phone so I can text my big brother.
Ha,Ha,Ha,https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/images/icons/default_dark/laugh.gif
© Wirral-Wikiwirral