Forums
Posted By: kamikazi A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 27th Mar 2014 6:47pm
The Ferry at Egremont

Went for a pint there last night, great that a wirral pub has re-opened. The view across the Mersey is fantastic.

K
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 27th Mar 2014 8:36pm
I went on Saturday.The new benches in the bar area are a bit of a fail as are the toilets (Very small but nicely finished) Going to try the lunchtime menu. Would be rude not to at £2.95 for a main course and £1.49 for a starter or sweet.Only about four choices on each but definitely worth a go.
Posted By: lord_thomas Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 27th Mar 2014 8:37pm
its a lovely place to have a pint or a meal the upstairs has a wonderful view over to Liverpool
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 27th Mar 2014 11:56pm
Definitely a fabulous view with a pint of Doom Bar in hand!
Posted By: Tilly Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 12:47am
I just might try that this week-ish Nige wink
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 12:51am
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
I went on Saturday.The new benches in the bar area are a bit of a fail as are the toilets (Very small but nicely finished) Going to try the lunchtime menu. Would be rude not to at £2.95 for a main course and £1.49 for a starter or sweet.Only about four choices on each but definitely worth a go.

deffo "win win "to me mate
Posted By: Greenwood Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 6:13pm
Very pleased it's opened again - brilliant spot for a pub, wonderful views over the river. Will try a meal there soon.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 6:52pm
Picked up a menu.

Starters- Soup,Breaded Mushrooms, Veg Samosas,Onion Rings
Mains- Scampi, Cod,Liver n Onions,Gammon steak, Veg lasagne
Puds- Ice cream,Warm Choc Fudge cake,Apple pie n custard.

Also do larger portion meals 2 for £10
Posted By: Lando Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 9:25pm
Got the Cloud wifi as well, cos I fitted it x
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 10:35pm
Is it doing mothers day dinners, might take the wifey?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 10:42pm
Fully booked up. We tryed.....although you can try to just turn up and eat in a booth,in the bar instead

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 10:43pm
www.theferrypub.co.uk
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 28th Mar 2014 10:59pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
Originally Posted by nidgynoo

deffo "win win "to me mate
It does state on the leaflet 'ideal for people with a smaller appetite'.Some of the same options do retail at around £3.75- so can only assume that the £1.50 'lunch time'menu are like half portions....Not having a go....just picked up on the smallprint....even so,a 3course meal for £6....

As stated above...they also do 2 for £10 meal deals (main courses)
Posted By: Sneezy Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 29th Mar 2014 9:49pm
Went today, bit disappointed that 2 out of the 3 meals we ordered weren't available but what we ended up with was good, nice place, stunning views over river happy
Posted By: Focuzed Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 30th Mar 2014 10:01am
Now dont get me wrong, i am made up the ferry is open again, and it looks fab......but we went the other day and for a brand new pub why would you run out of food (only 2 out of the 3 meals picked available)and also they ran out of rose wine,you would think they were rammed with gear making sure whatever the customer orders is available, to make sure they come back?
And a pint of larger and a wine is about £6.00 to £6.30 in every other pub, its £7.60 here? its a shame but we wont be rushing back too soon.
Posted By: Salmon Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 30th Mar 2014 10:58am
It is always be a fine balancing act for places serving food as to how much of everything to keep and obviously depends on what time of day you visit.Even harder for a new place finding it's feet.The last thing they want and can afford is to be left with unsold and out of date foodstuffs.They need to establish the customer base to work out what will sell and what will be slow moving.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 30th Mar 2014 11:55am
Is this a Weatherspoons?
Posted By: Focuzed Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 30th Mar 2014 12:21pm
No, not that i know of.
Posted By: Focuzed Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 30th Mar 2014 12:26pm
Yeah, fair point salmon on the food, but the price of the drinks?and running out? if i was opening a new pub it would be rammed with sale or return booze to the brewery, until i knew what sells best there.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 31st Mar 2014 12:06pm
I always felt that pub's shortcomings were overlooked because of the great view.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 1st Apr 2014 7:51pm
Really disappointed, headed down for a drink and maybe a bite to eat. Menu was sticky and £6+ for glass of wine and a Pepsi. Asked for no ice twice - got ice. Would rather take a picnic than give them my money. Expensive and grotty and why real ale from Cornwall when you have great beers local not welcoming and not worth going again. Sorry.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 1st Apr 2014 9:48pm
Real ale from Cornwall ?? How stupid is that? As you say Sallybear, there are some great local beers around. A quick visit to Gallaghers will verify that. The Egremont Ferry seems to going off at half-cock. I was thinking of checking the place out on my trip "home" next month. I don't think I'll bother now thankyou.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 1st Apr 2014 10:06pm
I would rather judge for myself than be influenced without at least trying the place once. smile
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 5:35am
The place is and always has been a dump.far nicer places around wallasey were I would rather eat and spend my cash.
Posted By: Tatey Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 8:08am
Pinz. Let me know when you are coming! Punch Taverns tell the tenant what he can sell I believe. Doom Bar is not a bad pint if on form!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 9:14am
Tatey... Will pm you re visit south. It'll be good to meet up again.
Posted By: davew3 Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 9:17am
Not been to that pub, have looked at it when I've been down by there but never tried it, I think I will leave it be.

By the way Tatey, the Perch Rock Maritime Radio Museum is more or less closed and the kit on show is hopefully going into storage until we can find somewhere else.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 6:49pm
Visited here for Lunch today with MissM and ShumShum.

For the price and a 'pub' meal I was impressed.I had Liver n Onions,the meat was very tender and the gravy was delicious. I was surprised at the portion size too, for £2.99.... Pleased that the carrots were 'real', none of your plasticy, frozen stuff.

Also, had cheesecake for pudding (although I did want Chocolate cake- none left).The drinks were expensive,as people have already said- 3 soft drinks were around £5

Tip- be careful with the Salt cellar,loads come out

Attached picture liver n onions.jpg
Posted By: sunnyside Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 7:04pm
That looks a good portion for the price.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 7:07pm
I was full, still have not eaten since!
Posted By: sunnyside Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 7:09pm
i must try one myself, i love curries, are they doing food all day?
Posted By: torryman Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 7:42pm
Pity about the price of the drinks...anybody got a photo of the price list? my brother paid £2.90 for a pint of bitter and he said it wasn't very nice....I drink lager and I will not pay £3.00 per pint (or more here perhaps).
Posted By: missmahjong Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 9:17pm
As rudebox has already stated ,we went here to-day. We 'judged like four in a bed style ' EG was the place clean , was the service good , what were waiting times for meal like ...All in all we came to conclusion that we WOULD go again... There a few little issues, but remembering they have only been open a short while, so staff still getting to 'pull' together .A very pleasant time was had ....Good value for what you got.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 2nd Apr 2014 9:39pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
We 'judged like four in a bed style '
laffin
Posted By: Gibbo Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 3rd Apr 2014 12:45pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
There a few little issues, but remembering they have only been open a short while, so staff still getting to 'pull' together

Are they all new staff? I was under the impression it was just closed for a refit.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: A Pint and View Across the Mersey - 3rd Apr 2014 4:44pm
all new
© Wirral-Wikiwirral