Forums
Posted By: j_demo Love Wirral - 13th Jan 2014 4:02pm
the 'Love Wirral' project to vote on improvements to make in your local area is open.

here's the info from the website :

Voting runs from 13th January until 24th January.

Further information on Love Wirral Grants

Be proud of where you live; let’s show the world that we are proud of Wirral.

Get involved

Get in touch

Love Wirral is a campaign to encourage people to take greater responsibility and pride in their own local environment, whether you live, work or visit Wirral.

It’s about everyone taking responsibility – individuals, groups, businesses and the Council all working together to improve our local environment.

There are lots of groups who already have a lot of passion and enthusiasm for Wirral and are already doing great work to improve our environment. Some of these projects include; working on our ‘Rights of Ways’, carrying out litter-picks and ‘Big Tidy-Ups’, incredible edible projects, improving play areas, community spaces, and residents planting up their own gardens in unique and creative ways such as planting up wellington boots.

Get involved!

Join an organised litter pick activity or why not arrange your own!
Display and distribute posters about litter, dog fouling and fly tipping - request posters
Get involved with your local community groups and all work together to improve a communal area
Set up an incredible edible project
Help plant and maintain green spaces in your community
Make a personal commitment to not litter and encourage others to do the same
Organize a paint-up, fix-up or clean-up activity
Reduce your own waste, home compost, reduce food waste, recycle more and reduce and reuse
Spread the word about alternative ways of getting rid of bulky items like furniture, white goods and any itmes you dont want anymore - ERIC, HWRC, or encourage reuse by swaping or selling your items
'Like!' the Love Wirral facebook page and share your own projects and ideas
Get in touch!

Do you know someone who makes a special effort to look after and improve their local environment? Or perhaps you are a dedicated volunteer or group who work hard to keep your neighbourhood clean and green? If so, contact us and let us know so we can share your great work and inspire others?

We are looking for people like you to help raise awareness of good environmental practice across Wirral. Anyone can make a difference to our environment, groups, businesses and organisations, living in, working in or visiting Wirral.

Love Wirral - take responsibility and pride in your local neighbourhood.

Survey Link

it doesn't take long, and it's worth the time to improve your local area!
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: Love Wirral - 13th Jan 2014 6:49pm
you can vote for the rebuilding of the Blackpearl in new brighton.
Think it was LW33 so come on and help a great community project
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Love Wirral - 13th Jan 2014 7:46pm
I think I'll have to join up with the litter-pick activity as it's driving me mad with the amount I see day in and day out !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral