Forums
Posted By: paxvobiscum Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 6th Dec 2013 10:11pm
Volunteers are being asked to turn up tomorrow morning (Saturday) to help with the clean up of the promenade at New Brighton
The assembly point is Vale Park at ten o’clock

Printed in Mersey Magazine today 06/12/2013

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 6th Dec 2013 10:38pm
just seen this on granada reports, community spirit at its best.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 6th Dec 2013 10:44pm
Heart-warming.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 12:24am
Shame nobody turned up to help Fort Perch Rock clear up,
what community, community of photographers, saw plenty of them today.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 12:35am
I was wondering, when the storm hit New Brighton baths years ago, did the Fort or Lighthouse suffer then?.
I know I would be petrified in the Lighthouse in such a storm and would have thought it to be perfectly safe in the fort.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 10:10am
Originally Posted by davew3
Shame nobody turned up to help Fort Perch Rock clear up,
what community, community of photographers, saw plenty of them today.

Dave as far as I know you asked for the loan of pumps and generators, not everyone would have these in their standard household tool kit.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 10:12am
The Lighthouse hasn't been checked but the door level is where the lighthouse is a lighthouse, below that is solid granite dovetailed blocks of the stuff, the fort is still there, and the museums have been pumped out, when the two lads who were down there , started to clear the roadway from the fort to the prom of debris and rocks, someone came down on a bike, one of the guys said to this person be careful as there's all sorts of rubbish under water, he told them to f off, some nice people about.
Posted By: Emeeh Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 10:20am
Are you all down there then?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 10:23am
One pump and a genny was hired in the afternoon and I got another out of the workshop yesterday , between both, the basement area's were pumped out, the mess on the floors, well that will take time to clear out.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 8:53pm
is the morrisons open again?
Give them a ring
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 7th Dec 2013 9:15pm
one of my customers said it re-opened tonight? i think they where drunk

It did open today....with limited stock

TheMrs
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Community Clean Up- New Brighton tomorrow - 9th Dec 2013 3:14pm
What I find amazing is that you could see it unfolding. Ninety minutes to two hours before high tide the water was already at the usual mark for a "high" high tide.

Why on earth didn't Morrisons turn people away, and save some of those cars in the car park and on the prom?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral