Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 10:54am
Just a heads up to anyone in a rush, police are with VOSA stopping everyone on the dock rd in wallasey by the pit stop cafe.

They are dipping tanks etc.

I would avoid the area if you are in any rush.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 12:17pm
Also on Wallasey tunnel.
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 2:47pm
Here I go again, waiting for all the flack I will get but I have to make the comment

accepting Ste's clever input of "if you are in any rush"..I don't see the point of warning motorists who may well not have tax, m.o.t or insurance that they are liable to get caught......the fact that the VOSA people are there means the only one's likely to have problems are those that deserve to be stopped...Am I the only person who is involved with this forum who believes in the law being upheld?
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 2:52pm
Or maybe Ste is warning innocent road users who dont want to be delayed?
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 3:03pm
They would be unlikely to be stopped if they were innocent motorists
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 3:26pm
Originally Posted by organiser

So they can now "dip tanks" on the move, wowzers, technology gets better by the day.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 3:32pm

Attached picture dipstick.jpg
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 3:59pm
The only "dipping" that is being done is with large commercial vehicles..it does not affect the ordinary motorist
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 4:12pm

Ah, you didnt say large commercial vehicles.

If I was fully legal and was driving in that direction, I would take a detour to miss the maybe traffic queue.
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 11th Oct 2013 4:17pm
fair comment
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 12th Oct 2013 9:45pm

So the police have an INNOCENT MOTORIST SCANNER Now? Only stop the bad ones........ ffs
Posted By: IrishSeaShipping Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 13th Oct 2013 3:15pm
Generally Merseyside police use ANPR cameras to highlight dodgy cars to pull over for investigation at least on the Liverpool side of the river. They don't usually stop those that their computers don't flag up. Have driven past quite a few of their checks and not been stopped.

However, in North Wales this year two bobbies near Corwen police station appeared to be doing less sophisticated checks when I drove through there in April.

I was stopped in what was obviously a new car on the pretence of checking my tyres or that is what one of them said. I said you shouldn't find anything wrong as the car is less than 4 weeks old. The bobby agreed after checking the first one and then had a friendly chat about where I had been and where I was going. He was amiable enough and during this time his colleague had probably checked me out.

However, he did find out quite a bit about me and my journey, but as I said it was friendly and I felt okay about it. General verdict - very professionally done and I drove away feeling quite positive about the whole experience and pleased they were checking up on people who might be up to no good.

Total time stopped probably 2 minutes.

John
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 14th Oct 2013 1:58pm
some people really are pathetic with their responses to reasoned postings

ASE71...surely you have better things to do than to make inane remarks
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 14th Oct 2013 2:01pm
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall linewire please

I don't understand too much about registry files so if there is a simple and effective way of doing it I would be obliged

Thank you
Posted By: organiser Re: Police and VOSA Dock Rd - 14th Oct 2013 3:47pm
Sorry this was placed in this section by mistake
© Wirral-Wikiwirral