Forums
Posted By: Mark No Brown Bin : Tip gives out garden sacks free - 20th Aug 2013 2:28pm
If you no longer use you brown bin for garden waste due to the charges for the privilege. Good news Bidston Tip is giving out the old large nylon sacks like before the brown bin days.

Ok your going to need a car to get there.
Upon arrival the man from the hut asks what you have and if you reply garden waste you get a free bag.

Just gives you a handy and cleaner way to get the big cuttings to the tip.

Not sure if other tips are doing this nor how long they will be giving out the bags.
I read the other day that the charges were now scrapped...
Posted By: Mark Re: No Brown Bin : Tip gives out garden sacks free - 20th Aug 2013 2:44pm
That would mean refunds for however many thousands paid.

The last I read a while ago they were raving about its success.

Who knows ?
If they gave the refunds that would mean everybody would go back to having their bins emptied for free as it was! And should be !!!!!!
Posted By: Abbot Re: No Brown Bin : Tip gives out garden sacks free - 20th Aug 2013 7:37pm
Originally Posted by beehive

where abouts did you read that?
Please tell me if I'm wrong but I always thought that refuse collection was included in the council tax. Ergo, if you have to pay for the removal of garden rubbish then aren't you paying TWICE for the same thing?
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: No Brown Bin : Tip gives out garden sacks free - 21st Aug 2013 12:45am
Originally Posted by Abbot
Originally Posted by beehive

where abouts did you read that?

I think it may of been the echo or could of been the globe. Will see if I can find it.
Posted By: sean Re: No Brown Bin : Tip gives out garden sacks free - 22nd Aug 2013 7:13pm
I turned my brown bin into a wormery. I converted it in may and it works a treat. Front and back lawns cut once a week and the 1000 or so worms in there have a field day!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral