Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 7:53pm
Had to do a double take this afternoon when what appeared to be 2 coppers on trials bikes were booking someone --i presume for speeding. Thingwall Corner. Obviously using unmarked bikes now as well as cars.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 7:56pm
makes sense, there's a lot of joyriding lunatic youths who ride round on quad bikes and they can go places normal police bikes and cars can't.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 8:02pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Had to do a double take this afternoon when what appeared to be 2 coppers on trials bikes were booking someone --i presume for speeding. Thingwall Corner. Obviously using unmarked bikes now as well as cars.

Excellent news !
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 8:15pm
I don't see how it is excellent news as there won't be a conviction?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 8:22pm
_Ste_ I have to admit you do have a good point there!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 8:46pm
They are however doing a good job of getting uninsured/illegal scramblers off the streets.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 9:01pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
makes sense, there's a lot of joyriding lunatic youths who ride round on quad bikes and they can go places normal police bikes and cars can't.

Quads are becoming a real pest.
Posted By: Mark Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 9:07pm
They passed me going through flaybrick.
Posted By: Norton Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 9:26pm
This is not a new thing. I think they have been using trials bikes for over ten years now.

The first time I saw them was on the Four Bridges of all places. As they came closer I could see on the flyscreen above the headlight was the word 'POLICE' but they caught my attention for another reason (better not say what!) Note that the police also have quad bikes.

The fact that you don't see them very often is, I hope, an indication that they are being deployed where best needed.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 10:36pm
What happened to the Bobby on the beat ? They were a great deterrent as you never knew what corner they were around.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 10:46pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
What happened to the Bobby on the beat ? They were a great deterrent as you never knew what corner they were around.

I think that job was given out to PCSOs
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 10:54pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002

Yes and they do a great job but I don't think they have the same effect, or are as scary as the real beat bobby.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Cops on Trials Bikes - 22nd Jul 2013 11:07pm
Originally Posted by rhoobarb2002

Yes and they do a great job but I don't think they have the same effect, or are as scary as the real beat bobby.

Fully agree.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral