Forums
Posted By: chriskay Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 4:21pm
I came up for a visit yesterday. Pretty well everyone I encountered seemed to be in a bad mood, probably due to the weather. First, on Crewe station, a guy was ranting against Virgin because of a delayed train: in fact, he should have been ranting against Railtrack, since it was a signal failure causing the problem. At Chester, the booking clerk where I bought my Saveaway ticket was grumpy, as were the drivers of two buses I used. When I got into the cool of Hamilton Square station, grumpyness was replaced by raucous laughter and giggling by a couple of fat girls (legs like tree trunks) who were probably drunk or high on something.
Anyway, the reason for my visit was to see an exhibition at the Walker; Alive: in the face of death, by the photographer Rankin, who had visited and photographed, often in a quirky, amusing, way, of people facing death. I'd seen a television programme about it last week. It's well worth a visit. There are several other exhibitions on which I didn't have time to see, so I'll be coming up again but I'll wait until the loop line is open again after August 9th.
Posted By: Tess65 Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 5:06pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
... grumpyness was replaced by raucous laughter and giggling by a couple of fat girls (legs like tree trunks) who were probably drunk or high on something.

What kind of comment is that??? sick
Maybe they were just happy, it is allowed you know.
And some people have 'curves'....
Posted By: Dilly Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 6:06pm
You built like an athlete are you Chris ?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 7:52pm
didn't agree with the comment about the girls legs, however the rest i agree with, tempers get frayed in this weather, mine included, then again, my patience is generally as thin as a hair's breadth, but i've found myself getting irritable at the slightest things.
Posted By: granny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 8:34pm
Oh dear Chriskay. Done it again!

How to upset folk in one easy lesson. raftl

Nice to know, some were happy on your day out.

Anyway, maybe the heat is the reason for those who live in hot countries e.g. Italy, Greece etc. being pretty short fused.
Chefs are nearly always grumpy too, and so are Grannies with big boobs, fat backsides , arms like wrestlers, and a couple of vodkas inside them, when it's hot.
Pleased you enjoyed your day anyway, although the topic isn't too inspiring!

Dilly, you aren't a master piece and it could be said you are making fun of people with impaired vision. laugh

popcorn
Posted By: bazzoh Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 8:52pm
Originally Posted by granny

Anyway, maybe the heat is the reason for those who live in hot countries e.g. Italy, Greece etc. being pretty short fused.

Would explain the Middle East! Seems none of them like their neighbours!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 10:54pm
Originally Posted by Tess65
... grumpyness was replaced by raucous laughter and giggling by a couple of fat girls (legs like tree trunks) who were probably drunk or high on something.

I know the difference between happiness and other kinds of laughter, also the difference between "curves" and just plain fat.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 11:05pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

Not too bad for 76. Interestingly, I've made a study of overweightness in supermarkets locally. From overweight to trim, the order is:
Iceland
Aldi
Tesco
Morrisons
Sainsbury
Waitrose
These are the only places locally which I've been in. How do things stack up on Merseyside?
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 11:08pm

lol love it,i noticed alot on the boozers are loosing it.as for overweight they must be uncomfortable.You must admit its nice to see nice weather and some enjoying the sun.may it last long

I know the difference between happiness and other kinds of laughter, also the difference between "curves" and just plain fat.
Posted By: granny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 11:25pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

Not too bad for 76. Interestingly, I've made a study of overweightness in supermarkets locally. From overweight to trim, the order is:
Iceland
Aldi
Tesco
Morrisons
Sainsbury
Waitrose
These are the only places locally which I've been in. How do things stack up on Merseyside?

raftl Too much time on your hands Chris. I don't think we stack on Merseyside, just wobble.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 11:49pm
I've made a study of overweightness in supermarkets locally. From overweight to trim, the order is:

Iceland
Aldi
Tesco
Morrisons
Sainsbury
Waitrose

So: You're extensive studies show that the places where people can buy the most food for the least amount of money have the shoppers that eat the most food.

Your invite to the Ig Noble Prize ceremony in September will be in the post Monday smile
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 20th Jul 2013 11:52pm
I dont have the time to sit outside supermarkets and "measure" people. I dont think my wife would let me back in the house if I had been doing such things as its not classed as a normal thing to do. I think she would be calling for the Doctor in the white coat, again...
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:03am
lol wobble granny.lets face it we complain if we dont get nice weather and when it comes still complaints.maybe a the summers are going to get hotter.so i think bikinis are best lol.KEEP COOL
Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:11am
[quote=ZipperClub]I dont have the time to sit outside supermarkets and "measure" people. I dont think my wife would let me back in the house if I had been doing such things as its not classed as a normal thing to do. I think she would be calling for the Doctor in the white coat, again... [/quote/??? not good for the heart is it ?

Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:16am
Originally Posted by TheDr
I've made a study of overweightness in supermarkets locally. From overweight to trim, the order is:

Iceland
Aldi
Tesco
Morrisons
Sainsbury
Waitrose

So: You're extensive studies show that the places where people can buy the most food for the least amount of money have the shoppers that eat the most food.

Your invite to the Ig Noble Prize ceremony in September will be in the post Monday smile

Thanks, Doc; about time my talent was recognised. I think your deduction is spot on. wink
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:18am
I came up for a visit yesterday. Pretty well everyone I encountered seemed to be in a bad mood, probably due to the weather. First, on Crewe station, a guy was ranting against Virgin because of a delayed train: in fact, he should have been ranting against Railtrack, since it was a signal failure causing the problem. At Chester, the booking clerk where I bought my Saveaway ticket was grumpy, as were the drivers of two buses I used. When I got into the cool of Hamilton Square station, grumpyness was replaced by raucous laughter and giggling by a couple of fat girls (legs like tree trunks) who were probably drunk or high on something.
Anyway, the reason for my visit was to see an exhibition at the Walker; Alive: in the face of death, by the photographer Rankin, who had visited and photographed, often in a quirky, amusing, way, of people facing death. I'd seen a television programme about it last week. It's well worth a visit. There are several other exhibitions on which I didn't have time to see, so I'll be coming up again but I'll wait until the loop line is open again after August 9th.

Oh the irony. You found everybody you come across grumpy, then come across girls laughing and decided they must be drunk or on drugs and then decided to moan about it on a forum. It seems like you're the grumpy one.

Was/are you always happy in work, especially when it's close to 30 degrees celsius outside?

Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:18am
you fat chriskay,or put it politely overweight ?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:19am
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
I dont have the time to sit outside supermarkets and "measure" people. I dont think my wife would let me back in the house if I had been doing such things as its not classed as a normal thing to do. I think she would be calling for the Doctor in the white coat, again...

Again??/ I don't have time to sit outside supermarkets, I'm too busy running around keeping my trim figure. grin
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:21am
Originally Posted by missmoneypenny

5'8" 10 stone 6 pounds. Go figure. But remember, I was born and raised when almost everything was rationed.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:26am
Originally Posted by DaveWez

Was/are you always happy in work, especially when it's close to 30 degrees celsius outside?

A valid point. It's just that one of the pleasures of visiting Merseyside is the cheerfulness of folk: that's why I notice when they aren't.
Posted By: DaveWez Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:35am
Originally Posted by DaveWez

A valid point. It's just that one of the pleasures of visiting Merseyside is the cheerfulness of folk: that's why I notice when they aren't.

Agreed. We recently went to Newquay, the place was full of cockneys and was quite possibly the most unwelcoming place visited. The place has been taken over by them and the locals aren't happy with the tourist tag the town has. Cornwall is a beautiful place, it's just a shame the 'laid back' attitude seems to be disappearing.

Posted By: missmoneypenny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:36am
Originally Posted by missmoneypenny

5'8" 10 stone 6 pounds. Go figure. But remember, I was born and raised when almost everything was rationed.
A man of willpower,good for you.zipperclub well i think he cant do much in this heat with his heart poor you.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 5:24am
So: You're

Your*

extensive studies show that the places where people can buy the most food for the least amount of money have the shoppers that eat the most food.

Actually, Chris has a point. The stores that sell the cheapest food sell the crap that is high in fat and salt, which is why their customers are fat.
Posted By: granny Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 11:10am
Originally Posted by MikeT
So: You're

Your*

raftl

extensive studies show that the places where people can buy the most food for the least amount of money have the shoppers that eat the most food.

Actually, Chris has a point. The stores that sell the cheapest food sell the crap that is high in fat and salt, which is why their customers are fat.

It is correct. Also areas have a huge impact on diet. Local eating habits do play a part. e.g.Fish and chips in Lancashire, Puddings in Suffolk. You should see the size of folk in Tesco at Copdock, Ipswich. Blimey, whole families trundle in!! shocked Tesco shoppers at Bury St.Edmunds ,the same.
There again, it's down to relativity. One man's meat is another mans poison and what is 12 stone to one, is overwight and fat to another. What is 8 stone with billiard cue legs to one, is annorexic to another.

Zipper, Chris was making his Assessment Case Study from shoppers inside the supermarkets, not 'leering' from the pavement. laugh

Posted By: guitarlad Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 11:24am
My wife would live on takeaways. she is putting so much weight on its unbeliavable.she used to wear nice dresses in the warm weather.now she only wear leggings and baggy tops.I think we find an excuse to blame something never mind the hot weather.Its how you take care of yourself by healthy eating and less alcohol.Alcohol is worse hot weather or not,
Posted By: Katryn Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 11:56am

Was thinking the same! thumbsdown
Posted By: chriskay Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 12:55pm
Originally Posted by Katryn

Was thinking the same! thumbsdown

I can tell the difference between happiness and mania.
Posted By: Pablo Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 2:03pm
Chriskay, hilarious. Love your comments.

Fat people = lazy and shouldn't be laughing full stop.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 2:30pm
And Pablo calls for a Kebab

Attached picture copper.jpg
Posted By: Katryn Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 4:18pm
Originally Posted by Pablo
Chriskay, hilarious. Love your comments.

Fat people = lazy and shouldn't be laughing full stop.

disgusting comment^^^^^
Posted By: Pablo Re: Short tempers in this hot weather - 21st Jul 2013 4:56pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
And Pablo calls for a Kebab

I'm not fat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral