Forums
Posted By: Mark Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 18th Jul 2013 2:47pm
Motorists who park irresponsibly on pavements and footways could face the same penalty charge notices as ‘dozy parkers’ who park on double yellow lines.

Wirral Council and Merseyside Police have joined forces on a campaign to raise awareness of the dangers and inconvenience parking on pavements can cause to pedestrians, particularly those withpushchairs or in wheelchairs.

Source click me
Posted By: venice Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 18th Jul 2013 9:13pm
Personally I dont mind people using a bit of the pavement, but those who park on a good half, and then let their flippin prickly hedge grow out to meet it, drive me nuts . Pushing a wheelchair through the gaps is a no no, you have to go in the road.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 6:53am
Good point Venice.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 10:25am
Now maybe the council will also act on houses where their shrubs and trees overhang onto the pavement.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 1:40pm
Lets turn off the streetlamps and fine drivers!! YEAH!
Posted By: mildew_wolf Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 6:30pm
what bugs me are them that park across a public footpath, and you have to walk in the main road. Too much trouble to move other cars parked in their driveway.
Posted By: granny Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 8:00pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
Now maybe the council will also act on houses where their shrubs and trees overhang onto the pavement.

Maybe the council should also act on their trees which overhang private property,including getting tangled around telephone wires and note the height of their trees which also overhang the roads. Legal limit is not being observed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 8:05pm
i'm parked on a bustop and double yellows and on the kerb right now.

a big "screw you" to the authorities!

I WILL PARK WHERE I LIKE!

Tossers.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 8:10pm
it drives me mad when people park across your drive and get stroppy when you ask them to shift,and they say i won't be a minute..also if we park on kerbs its wrong, if we put car on the road and people park opposite no one can get through...i don't know what the answer is but its everywhere now.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 8:12pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Tossers.
ooh you are a rebel ste lol.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 10:36pm

Tossers.
Good man and I will scrape your car with my buggy as I struggle to get past.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 10:47pm
I believe washing cars in paint thinners is good for the soul and relieving heat stroke and road rage. Or was that buggy rage :-)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 19th Jul 2013 10:53pm
Originally Posted by Salmon

Tossers.
Good man and I will scrape your car with my buggy as I struggle to get past.

There was plenty of room for pedestrians to get past, besides my proximity sensors would of alerted me to possible interference and i would of been onto you grin
My vehicles are under constant observation wink

On a serious note i only nipped into the chippy to pick my food up blush
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Ticket campaign targets pavement parkers - 20th Jul 2013 7:55am
Originally Posted by sunnyside
it drives me mad when people park across your drive and get stroppy when you ask them to shift,and they say i won't be a minute..also if we park on kerbs its wrong, if we put car on the road and people park opposite no one can get through...i don't know what the answer is but its everywhere now.

This happens in our road too - and if it didn't a fire engine would never get through.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral