Forums
Posted By: ianyam Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 5:53am
Just heard on radio Merseyside, police incident on Birkenhead Rd, road closed between Borough Rd East and Kelvin Rd.
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:22am
Police car and van racing up Shrewsbury road around 730 this morning and Birkenhead road still closed.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:24am
Yep I'm on the 16 bus as I type this, the cordon starts before the soccerdome so my driver took side streets and got lost/stuck. The fool! No idea what's gone on but right now all roads in the area are congested as there's no actual diversion in use.

AVOID THE AREA IF POSSIBLE!!!!!!!
Posted By: davymac Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:29am
There were 2 lads on a roof at the bottom of wheatland lane last night throwing roof tiles at the police. It may have something to do with that.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:29am
i hope its open to pedestrians!!
Posted By: j_demo Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:34am
Literally finally got round it all and out by the lights by the car place and the empty plot where that fair was, had a good look left to see anything, one yellow camera police van is present and one scientific support vehicle was en route as we passed the roundabout, there's a high police presence in the area, just none actually in the cordon, couldn't honestly say what's gone on, I couldn't tell from what I could see.
Posted By: Pamela185 Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:56am
https://www.facebook.com/WirralNewsbeat/posts/529173173811442
Posted By: Dell1234 Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 7:56am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/li/traffic.detail.6283188/?ref=ltp
Posted By: Dell1234 Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 8:14am
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/10432082.Two_men_arrested_following_incident_in_Wallasey/
Posted By: TeamAJ Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 8:19am
It was chaos this morning as there is no advance warning of the closure until you are faced with the 'road ahead closed' signage where you have little choice other than to turn right up one of the side streets. No one knew where they were going and ended up coming out somewhere on St Pauls road (I think) where the traffic was backed up terribly and moving very slowly. It looked from what I could see that there were a few yellow vans and police tape very near to the new grocery shop on the corner. There was what looked like a lot of rubble/debris on the road.

They would be better off placing advanced warning of Birkenhead Road being closed before you get to the seacombe ferry roundabout.

Hope whatever has happened all those involved are ok and no one is hurt.
Posted By: alann Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 11:30am
it was closed off this morning at 0200 when i was on way home from work, had enough time to put diversions up, or at least road closed signs
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 3:28pm
When i went past at 8.45 the entire road/ pavement next to the shop was strewn with tiles. Flaming idiots. I had to take a detour-not amused- nearly late.

I bet the shop owner at Dawn til Dusk wasn't amused either, he was still shut upon my return at 2pm ish.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 4:51pm
When I tried to pull out of my cul de sac at 7.50 this morning there was an articulated lorry stuck in Mathew Street, I had to drive on the pavement to get passed him. God knows how he eventually got out! It was chaos, I missed my train and was late for work, not happy, grrrr.
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 5:42pm
the lorry driver was attempting to reverse back when I passed him in the same street about 8ish
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 6:01pm
Glad I'm not the only one to get lost this morning then, was stupid that there was no diversion at all. I'm usless with directions so I followed a taxi and assumed the taxi would know where to go but nope, 3 point turn in the cul de sac. Think I'll take a screen shot of this coversation and show my boss in work for proof of why I was late haha!
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 9:03pm
There always seems to be a lot of trouble in Birkenhead, or is it just down to the fact it has the highest concentration of people in Wirral?
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 9:17pm
Highest concentration of rough arses.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 21st May 2013 11:05pm
Don't know about rough, I did see a peachy one..

Attached picture images.jpg
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 22nd May 2013 2:58am
You don't see anything like that in Birkenhead!

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/2005/08/birkenhead-enter-at-your-own-risk/
Posted By: Tatey Re: Police incident Birkenhead Road. - 22nd May 2013 7:49am
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Don't know about rough, I did see a peachy one..

Well that's knackered my blood pressure for today's Doctors visit! laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral