Forums
Posted By: jemarc council vans - 15th May 2013 3:23pm
what's with all the council vans along Borough rd, Birkenhead. must be between 20-30 vans outside football ground and further up been there all afternoon.
Posted By: Santos Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 4:08pm
Union meeting ?
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 4:38pm
shouldn't they be using there own transport a fuel for such meetings
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 5:20pm
I noticed them too, loads and loads as you say .Very weird. Then, further along towards the Pyramids, there were loads of police and police cars milling outside the Chinese church just a bit up one of the side roads on the right. Wonder what all that was about?
Posted By: jemarc Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 5:23pm
you read my mind. sick of seeing them in supermarket car parks doing the weeks shopping with family members.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 6:24pm
How about someone contacting the council to find out what was going on? It's YOUR money they are spending/wasting. See if they can come up with any intelligent answer/excuse.

Before anyone points it out, I know that intelligence and WBC don't go together! mad
Posted By: kimpri Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 6:28pm
Originally Posted by jemarc
you read my mind. sick of seeing them in supermarket car parks doing the weeks shopping with family members.
perks, how do you know there family members?
Posted By: moretonjeffo Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 6:54pm
probably because the council don't employ children a toddlers but im sure they would if they thought they could get away with it
Posted By: red40 Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 7:15pm
Do Wirral Council have that many vans?
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 7:57pm
Funny thing is , they all looked as if they had come straight out of a showroom in term of being clean. All white, all the same,nose to tail. Didnt notice whether they had numberplates did you Jemark?
Posted By: jemarc Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 8:11pm
yes they did have number plates lol some even had ladders, could of all been in that new café down the road for afternoon tea break, ya know that break where they sit off for about 2-3 hours.
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 8:22pm
Only the smaller ones had ladders didnt they though? I thought all the big transit size ones looked parked as if they were out of commission rather than 'at a job' . What the heck job could require 20+ council vans all at once I wonder?---They would all have to have left at the same hometime because they were too tightly parked dont you think for most of them to move without the one in front or behind of them going first !
Posted By: pepe26 Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 8:39pm
They should have been at home like you lot watching Jeremy Kyle like you numpties,
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 9:18pm
Whats your problem pepe?
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 9:30pm
Ah, here is an interesting quote I seem to have picked up somewhere . Now let me think, who might it apply to ....Erm-- Oh yes I remember .

"Superiority complex is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person's feelings of superiority counter or conceal his or her feelings of inferiority."
Posted By: Moonstar Re: council vans - 15th May 2013 10:34pm
Could be the leases are up on the vehicles and it was swop day for the new ones.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 7:14am
Between the Co-op and the football ground there were 34+ vehicles. Mostly normal transits but some pickups too. It was like matchday parking!
Posted By: McFlurry Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 7:27am
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by jemarc
perks, how do you know there family members?

Exactly Kimpri.

Some people need a focus for their energy and aggression.
Posted By: Razzi Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 7:46am
Im fed up of all this nitpicking and bitching.
They were just ordinary workers who had called a meeting with management to talk about how they could make there jobs faster and easier for both clients and themselves home visit wise.

They do not "go shopping" with family members in works vans as they have been on a tracker system for the last 18 months and management are VERY strict about this, almost to the point of sacking as it's seen as a way of clawing back monies...

and can i just say , for the record WPH is NOT the council, it's wirral partnership homes and they bought the housing stock off the Council in the asset transfer last time round. I think we have to remember it was 10 times worse under WBC (council) and maybe if people understood that there are 2 seperate entities WBC & WPH then wph wouldn't need to have to spend money changing a name to try and escape the "councils " past mistakes and peoples view of them as a company because of that name...ok rant finished now. ty
Posted By: red40 Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 8:11am
Originally Posted by red40
Do Wirral Council have that many vans?

Obviously as I thought the answer is no, well said Razzi as expected it was WPH vans!

Of course nobody has ever seen vans belonging British Gas, United Utilities, etc in a car park or sat outside a cafe have we?
Posted By: venice Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 10:29am
Ah, puzzle explained. Thank you Razzi.
Posted By: McFlurry Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 11:51am
Lol @ the WPH comment.

Poor buggers have to put up with a lot due to being mistakenly associated with the council, like the time the bedroom tax numpties turned up outside - the plonkers didn't seem to understand that it wasn't WPH implementing it.

Everyone inside was pissing themselves at them.
Posted By: fillbo Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 2:18pm
Originally Posted by McFlurry
Lol @ the WPH comment.

Poor buggers have to put up with a lot due to being mistakenly associated with the council, like the time the bedroom tax numpties turned up outside - the plonkers didn't seem to understand that it wasn't WPH implementing it.

Everyone inside was pissing themselves at them.

Same workforce different name!!!WPH will be the one's evicting people when they can't afford the rent.
Posted By: McFlurry Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 2:53pm
Originally Posted by fillbo

Same workforce different name!!!WPH will be the one's evicting people when they can't afford the rent.

They're a business and they're already under increasing pressure now that rent money is paid to the tenants directly. You can bet your bottom dollar that they will be less of a priority for the 2nd/3rd/4th generation slackers who have no concept of money.

The money that used to go to them will now go to Bargain Booze for some cheap cider and cigs.

WPH didn't impose the rules.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: council vans - 16th May 2013 3:39pm
All of the football goals are being taken down around now and the pitches are probably having work done during the close of season
© Wirral-Wikiwirral