Forums
Posted By: granny Missing 84 yrd old - 6th Apr 2013 8:55pm
Police have just knocked on door doing a search for an 84 yr old gentleman who has gone missing. Last seen Landican area about 2.30pm today.

The search helicopters have been scouring the area for ages tonight.

He was wearing a flat cap and a coat.

Hope he's found very soon and hope it's ok putting this on the forum.
Posted By: Sam91 Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 6th Apr 2013 9:07pm
Was wondering what was going on, hope he gets found.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 6th Apr 2013 9:29pm
call me cynical but this pretty much describes every old man in the history of ever

Originally Posted by granny
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 6th Apr 2013 10:36pm
Hope he gets found soon, its very cold out there.
Posted By: granny Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 9:14am
Originally Posted by j_demo
call me cynical but this pretty much describes every old man in the history of ever

Originally Posted by granny

They had a picture but I am not able to put that on this post. The verbal description given was, 'flat cap and coat'. So you can be cynical.
I'm sure any 84 yr old could be prominent,particuarly if one is missing. I think we tend to observe more now than we used to.
Let's hope so anyway.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 10:27am
Hi Granny, is there any more news on the man? The helicopter was above most of the afternoon and evening and the police were searching the alleys in our road. They were still searching the fields around Landican at 6.30am this morning!
Posted By: granny Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 10:56am
No Kittykat, I don't know anymore. They were helicopter searching yesterday pm proir to the National starting. Of course, at that time we didn't know what/who for. They have searched all down the back of Thingwall where the fields are.
So much effort, must surely find him soon.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 2:26pm
Spoke to the police on my way out, seems he lives just by me. Still not found but more info....He walks with a hunch and wearing brown/beige trousers.
However on my way back home there was a rather large police presence behind the wall at what appears to be the Drs surgery land opposite Landican fields. There was police on quad bikes and the same officer I spoke to was there, all looking at the ground.
Really hope they have found some sort of clue and not the alternative...so desperately sad.
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 3:10pm
A male has just been found behind a wall near the Cherry Orchard, perhaps its the missing man.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 3:16pm
Sounds like the same place Santos. It's all taped off now.
His neighbour has just told me that he's not long lost his dog and since then has gone so far so fast downhill.

It really breaks my heart to think of someone lost, confused and alone.
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 3:46pm
Says on Wirral Talk that he has been found alive, what good news if confirmed.
Posted By: devilwoman Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 3:49pm
Fingers crossed he is ok.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 4:17pm
Santos if you hear more would you post please...really fretting on this one.
Thanks.
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 5:15pm
Originally Posted by kittykat
Santos if you hear more would you post please...really fretting on this one.
Thanks.

Can only suggest that you see what Wirral Talk is saying as that is where I saw a poster announce that he has been found alive.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 7th Apr 2013 9:36pm
Thanks for the updates Santos.well done mate.
Posted By: granny Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 12:18am

Well done Santos and thanks, it puts ones mind at rest a little. Let's hope it is the missing gentleman and that he will recover well.
Yes Kittykat, it's so churning, thinking that a poor soul is out there, at night,on their own, confused and nobody knows where, whilst we sit in our homes, unable to do much.
Hope you feel a bit better now.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 10:41am
Thanks for the update Santos and yes Granny feel much better now. It's about time a missing person report had a happy ending.

Must say the police did a fantastic job on this one.
Posted By: valli Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 5:59pm
Great news his family must be so relieved, As are we on WikiWirral.wishing the gentleman a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 10:14pm
I am really hoping this to be true, but cant find any confirmation as yet in any of the local press, they only seem interested in the Parkgate fire.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 10:37pm
It's been reported on a few of the local radio stations news slots and the household seems to be getting back to normal so I think you and Wirral talk were right Santos. Happy ending.
Posted By: Santos Re: Missing 84 yrd old - 8th Apr 2013 10:40pm
Good, thank you very much.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral