Forums
Posted By: MarkSoundie Bring back the Wirral Show - 27th Mar 2013 1:18pm
Hi I am looking for support to form a new Wirral Charitable Trust that would rise money for Wirral good causes by bringing back the Wirral Show and other events. The show was run successfully for 33 years and raised massive amounts of money for good causes. This would be a great time to bring it back.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Bring back the Wirral Show - 27th Mar 2013 2:06pm
Hi Mark, a bit more detail of what you need and I feel sure you will get support from people on this site. Good luck.
Posted By: Santos Re: Bring back the Wirral Show - 27th Mar 2013 4:59pm
Wirral Show has had its day, became very boring towards the end. Same old stuff every year and a Fairground that just promoted drunkenness and fighting. The place was a mess for days afterwards, dips ruined by vehicles, litter everywhere. Sincerely hope it never comes back.
Posted By: torryman Re: Bring back the Wirral Show - 27th Mar 2013 11:24pm
I don't particularly remember any adverse publicity regarding the Wirral show regarding fighting, or general feral behaviour, but I have to agree the fairground was too big a feature of the Wirral show and was (as expected from travelling fairgrounds) a rip off...but in the middle years a lot of good live shows were provided by Radio Merseyside & Radio City, with artists who would go on to be (or, were already) chart hit makers ...I think with a good committee, it could be a total success again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral