Forums
Posted By: Gibbo M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 22nd Mar 2013 8:11am
M53 is good, lanes 1 and 2 have clearly defined travel lines, with speed about 40-50mph.

Lane 3 not heavily used (except for occasional dick driving at 70mph like its a dry sunny day) so not as clear. Lane 3 cannot be used about a mile south of Clatterbridge as traffic has gone back into lane 2.

Only major concern is the snow covering up the lane markings, so sometimes the "rutted track" veers close to another lane.

Snow coming down in larger flakes around Ellesmere Port.
Posted By: karenjon Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 22nd Mar 2013 8:41pm
Has anywhere been gritted
Posted By: Bernard46 Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 22nd Mar 2013 10:08pm
Don't Think the Council will save your life in bad road conditions. Slow down chill
out and you will get there in the end. this got me through 45 years of driving for a living... Keep Safe.
Posted By: AdamEvans Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 22nd Mar 2013 10:24pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
(except for occasional dick driving at 70mph like its a dry sunny day)

and your problem is ..............

I was one of these "dicks" that must have flew past you.
I dont see the point in sitting it traffic like, how you put it, a dick.

Plus I have my snow tyres on which I highly doubt that 95% of the people I flew past this morning diddn't have.

Who is safe now hey, traveling bumper to bumper with NO GRIP on your WRONG tyres at 45mph or me travelling at the speed limit with no "dicks" in front of me with a lot of grip.

Anyway rant over I made it home safe driving like it was a sunny day and all in good time too. (I would have been faster but I got stuck behind a "dick" in a RED MICRA doing 10mph in a 60mph zone on a road with no snow and it was dry)

Posted By: Santos Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 22nd Mar 2013 11:08pm
I agree with Gibbo you are a dick AdamEvans, your attitude says it all, arrogant,dangerous with a dont give a sh1t driving attitude, you will either come to a sticky end or cause some poor innocent driver and possibly their innocent passengers to come to a sticky end. Its the likes of you that cause all the troubles on our roads today with your totally irresponsible attitude.
Posted By: venice Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 1:33am
Adam SOUNDS like an arrogant d*ck , yes, but if you think about it , he's got a point . I stride safely past others creeping along the pavement, because Im equipped with metal snowgrips on my boots. Adam's well equipped with appropriate non slip snow tyres ,so if he's doing 70 in lane 3, out of the way of the crawlers in lanes 1 and 2, theres no problem , is there?
Ermm, well there is actually Adam, if someone slips into me on the pavement , Id be doing 3mph so Id merely soften their fall. If one of the crawlers in lanes 1 and 2 hits a patch of ice under the snow and slides across into lane 3 smacking into your vehicle doing 70mph....... Doesnt bear thinking about. Its great that you're well equipped for the weather, but realistically how many ordinary cars in the North West are going to have snow tyres with the minute amounts of snow we generally have here? For everyone to stay as safe as possible in unusually severe conditions, forethought and consideration, is the key, not Im alright Jack.
Posted By: AdamEvans Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 7:03am
Hmmm

last year I drove back from Poland and through Germany in more snow than what we have seen this year

autobahn and 80mph and I was overtaken by everyone because I was going too slow and being a possible danger

don't give me all that rubbish about their snow being different

The reason why they survive and we don't is because we, as a country, are ill prepared which is absolutely ridiculous as we all knew the snow was coming

it should be the law to have snow tyres. It is in almost every other country in Europe (and the one that it isn't it is recommended and you are told that if you hold up any traffic for any length of time as a result of not having snow tyres then you will get a hefty fine)
Why can't we be the same as a country. After all we are mad about health and safety so this baffles me
Posted By: julie253 Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 9:20am
what if somebody in the middle lane skidded and slid into your lane? would your tyres still give you the stopping distance they would in normal weather?
I appreciate what you are saying Adam, but feel you are not considering other road users. 70 in this weather is just pure madness, snow tyres or not!!!
Posted By: Gibbo Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 10:11am
Well, not much I can add to that, your post speaks for itself.

So who were you, the white Audi with low profiles, the dark blue BMW or the charcoal grey Vauxhall? All big saloons and the usual suspects who belt down lane 3 at 90 and then force their way in when the motorway goes to two lanes at the A41.

I like how you think winter tyres makes you the perfect driver. I noticed there were no tyre tracks when lane 3 got too bad just after Clatterbridge? Were you the one who panicked and forced their way back into lane 2?

I said in my first post that the rutted tracks weren't straight and veered very close to other lanes, but I guess you didn't think of that did you?

I also mentioned that traffic was flowing pretty well at 50mph, and the road was quieter than normal and well spaced. Why isn't that good for you? I wonder how much further you got driving 20mph faster for a couple of miles.

And as for your comment about 80mph being dangerous on the autobahn, that's just pure BS. Not everyone drives at full speed on there, so why lie?

Seems to me you're trying to justify your stupid actions, and failing dismally.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 10:45am
Welcome to Wiki, AdamEvans,without idiots like you who would we laugh at?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 11:12am
withthat smack
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 11:28am
Stop giving Adam grief, you all have your opinions so let him have his.

Also it has nothing to do with what cars he drives, just leave be.
Posted By: AdamEvans Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 11:59am
Would you like me to upload the video of that exact BS video on autobahn

overtaken by a merc sprinter

I totally agree with everything everone says about being considerate but I feel that when it SNOWS that not having SNOW tyres is pure neglect

i am not saying I am untouchable and that I am totally accident free but accidents are greatly reduced if you use a bungee when bungee jumping for instance

how would I feel if someone veered into my lane ........ Well upset that they weren't in control of their vehicle
how would I feel if I veered into someone elses lane: with normal tyres I would feel quite guilty. With snow tyres I would feel I did my best

it's the same as wearing a seatbelt
if you crash without a seatbelt the chances are you will be more hurt than crashing whilst wearing one
if you seriously injure yourself by not wearing a seatbelt then the general public attitude is "it's your own fault"
Why is this not the same about tyres on your car

it's basic statistics
people would be more in control thus, less LIKELY to have an accident

by the way I drive a 1.5 automatic and it is front wheel drive. I have no trouble
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 12:43pm
Would anyone drive at 70 in fog because they have fog lights on? Drive for the conditions not for how good you think you are. Even winter tyres don't mean you are totally safe, they just give you a better chance. In Berlin I used to use chains but I still didn't go like a bat out of hell.
Posted By: venice Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 3:22pm
Quote Adam

"how would I feel if someone veered into my lane ........ Well upset that they weren't in control of their vehicle"

Unbelievable !!! Surely an attention seeking Troll.
Posted By: AdamEvans Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 4:52pm
Originally Posted by venice
Quote Adam

"how would I feel if someone veered into my lane ........ Well upset that they weren't in control of their vehicle"

Unbelievable !!! Surely an attention seeking Troll.

No not an attention seeking troll at all
Between the white lines your car sits in is your lane and between the white lines my car sits in is my lane.
Snow or not I know which way the insurance companies would find fault.

Last thing that gets my back up is the fact that people seem to be driving around with 12inches of snow on top of their car because they can't be assed removing it.

The last time I checked it was illegal to drive on UK roads with an unsafe and non-secured load on your roof. I am sure this rule does apply here.

There is nothing worse than being stuck behind someone who is veering and not in control of their vehicle and as a result a big clump of snow lands on my windscreen and I can't see where I am going and then this puts me in danger and then the people behind me.
"Please people ........... be considerate about the driver behind you"

Can anyone here justify THIS for me please ????
Posted By: julie253 Re: M53 status, Friday 22nd March (snow day) - 23rd Mar 2013 5:50pm
Well I know I would rather drive with people doing speeds according to weather conditions and without winter tyres than with people driving in excess speeds in dangerous conditions with winter tyres. Sorry Adam,that is my opinion and I have been driving for 30 years. Would the insurance companies also take into account driving speeds and weather conditions, I suspect they would?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral