Forums
Posted By: lindy Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 5:32pm
Wirral Line Disruption 17:15.

Due to a track defect all Wirral Line services around the liverpool loop system have now been suspended.services on the chester and ellesmere port lines will start and terminate at birkenhead central.services on the west kirby and new brighton lines will start and terminate at birkenhead north.a limited rail replacement bus service is expected to be in operation within 30 minutes.
Posted By: BigBadBorisJ Re: Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 6:01pm
That always causes carnage.
Posted By: Bethan Re: Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 6:53pm
I am hoping this sorted now because I have plans to get the train from New Brighton to Liverpool tomorrow and the replacement bus is always a nightmare!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 6:59pm
Not again. Who needs misery in the rain.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 7:44pm
18:55 - wirral line running normally http://www.merseyrail.org/disruption/
Posted By: Bethan Re: Wirral line train problem - 17th Dec 2012 11:51pm
Glad to here everything is sorted, hope there are no disruptions tomorrow
Posted By: gopher Re: Wirral line train problem - 18th Dec 2012 1:59am
The problem was a faulty insulating pot, unfortunately Merseyrail have to wait until Networkrail arrive which can take a long time for the problem to be rectified.As usual the ordinary customer automatically blame Merseyrail thinking it is their fault but Networkrail own all track and signal infrastructure and it is their responsibility totally for the disruption,i hope this helps clarify the situation for you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral line train problem - 18th Dec 2012 6:29am
Thanks Gopher for the precise info.
Posted By: unicornace Re: Wirral line train problem - 18th Dec 2012 9:29am
To be honest its not that I blame Merseyrail for the disruption, its the fact that there are zero contingency measures for such an outage and literally no customer service on the part of the Merseyrail employees who seem put out by you asking a simple question. At 5:40 last night there must have been 200 people queuing outside James Street for the rail replacement service. I got the ferry instead.
Posted By: cezza Re: Wirral line train problem - 18th Dec 2012 9:59am
My family were caught up in this at central station,dripping wet with 3 young children. The staff were fantastic and very informative.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral