Forums
Posted By: j_demo scam roofer/builder alert - 4th Dec 2012 3:02pm
ALERT your old relatives/friends/neighbours

just heard a report from a nurse of a service user at work that a roofer/builder had called at an old womans house in the bebington area and climed he had done work on her roof and it would cost £1800 and he wanted it in cash, she had it there saved for a holiday but gave him the money and he then scarpered never to be seen again.

not 100% on the actual area but was told 'bebington'

this is a secondary source that i've heard it from so the area may be slightly different, but the fact a man is out there not doing any work but charging people just shy of 2 grand is ridiculous

no reports of what this man looked like or anything like that, just know it is a man.

keep an eye out everyone!
Posted By: dave_h Re: scam roofer/builder alert - 7th Dec 2012 6:38pm
the dirty fooking scumbag
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: scam roofer/builder alert - 7th Dec 2012 8:54pm
Gypsys, probably stole the lead too thumbsdown
Posted By: starman Re: scam roofer/builder alert - 8th Dec 2012 3:56pm
hi jawide.

my mother in law has been visited by a man claiming that her gutters were blocked, so he said he would clean them for 30 pounds! front and back,she said they only just done in june this year, he said they were overflowing. then she gave him the go ahead to carry out the work, when he finished the task he said that there were rotten roof spars.then said it would cost 4oo pounds to repair,and he needs the money up front,so she paid him out of her tontine money for christmas.he did not return to carry out the promised work, that was two weeks ago my mother in law lives in moreton. so everone beware of this evil bursed
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: scam roofer/builder alert - 8th Dec 2012 4:25pm
Originally Posted by starman
hi jawide.

my mother in law has been visited by a man claiming that her gutters were blocked, so he said he would clean them for 30 pounds! front and back,she said they only just done in june this year, he said they were overflowing. then she gave him the go ahead to carry out the work, when he finished the task he said that there were rotten roof spars.then said it would cost 4oo pounds to repair,and he needs the money up front,so she paid him out of her tontine money for christmas.he did not return to carry out the promised work, that was two weeks ago my mother in law lives in moreton. so everone beware of this evil bursed
Sorry to hear about this cruel and disgusting act.
Maybe people should just tell cold callers to go away in future, it's at the point now where one cannot even leave their doors unlocked or windows open anymore without fear of some SCUMBAG helping themselves.

What sort of sick, twisted T*%T would do such a thing?

Where does this VERMIN come from?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral