Forums
Posted By: fish5133 New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 21st Nov 2012 9:42pm
Tuesday morning around 10-12 am. Largish ship seemed to have lost power and was being monouevred back up the mersey with 5 tugs and the fire tug. Ship looked low in the water but thay may just have been the type of ship. Seemed to have some containers or heavy equipment on the deck.The tugs turned the ship 180 degrees mid river. The fire tug was spraying water onto the sea so may have been priming its pumps just in case or spraying oil dispersant.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 22nd Nov 2012 1:47am
Did it look like this...

Attached picture DSC_0020.JPG
Posted By: Tatey Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 22nd Nov 2012 9:43am
Wally1,

Was she actually laying cable at the time?
Posted By: Tatey Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 22nd Nov 2012 10:32am
Originally Posted by Tatey
Wally1,

Looks like she is in Gladston Dock at the moment.
Posted By: davew3 Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 22nd Nov 2012 7:31pm
Seen her coming in on Tuesday, VTS/Mersey radio said they were waiting for another ship, I think an ACL one was behind the windmills and they were waiting for that before going into Langton lock, they do like to fill those locks up before opening/closing.

CABLE ENTERPRISE is a cable laying barge and is working on the windfarm projects out in Liverpool Bay. Being a barge she is towed and not self powered so one would expect her to be under tow. I have some pictures on the Irish Sea Shipping web site of her on the Mersey last month. There is a link from that page to her owner's page with tech details etc.

http://www.merseyshipping.co.uk/pho...terprise061012/cableenterprise061012.htm
Posted By: Wally1 Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 23rd Nov 2012 1:02am
Wally1,

Looks like she is in Gladston Dock at the moment.

As far as I know she is part of the fleet working on the
Gwynt Y Mor windfarm off Llandudno. I think she is just in
for servicing etc in Gladstone. There was nothing wrong as
she came in as far as I know, just getting themselves into
Gladstone. I put a few photos onto ShipsAIS.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 25th Nov 2012 10:35pm
Yep. That was the ship (barge). Thanks for the info. Can look a smart -a when i tell the lads next tuesday. Not sure why a boat or tug was using its water cannon someway behind the ship?
Posted By: Tatey Re: New Brighton River Mersey Ship In Trouble ? - 26th Nov 2012 8:49am
Wally1 & others ... Cheers for the info.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral