Forums
Posted By: Racoon Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 3:02pm
Anyone have any info about this?

Pub has been going downhill for a while and now seems to have shut for the week?? A thread on here says due to an elec fault, but more probs an unpaid elec bill? Times must be hard if landlord can't pay his electricity.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 3:19pm
Allegedly opening today under new management
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 3:25pm
So is the old landlord gone? Hmmm, why is new management coming in if there's just supposedly been a prob with electrics?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 6:33pm
Does it matter?

The place is opening back up.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 6:40pm
Yeah it does matter, you get to know the management of your local, obviously it's of interest if the management suddenly changes.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 7:07pm
I couldn't give a toss as long as I could get bladdered.

Each to their own. Good luck on finding out anyway.

smile
Posted By: Morgan2012 Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 16th Nov 2012 10:54pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Allegedly opening today under new management
Thanks for this mate. Look forward to going there some nights.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 17th Nov 2012 9:00pm
Still not open thumbsdown Notice in the window (must have been put up last Monday) saying "Due to an electrical fault we won't be able to trade today. Sorry for any inconveince (sic)".

If it doesn't open again soon then it probably never will.

Another one going?
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 17th Nov 2012 10:20pm
I hope it doesn't close! The live music is usually quite good, used to be a good night before it started to go down.
It doesnt sound like a fault - theyve lost a weeks businesd, surely you'd be able to get most elec faults fixed without having to sacrifice a weeks business??
I think its either cash flow or theyve been shut down by someone.

Hope another pub doesnt go! Is the little nellie. definitely closed now? What's everyone's favourite wallasey pub?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 17th Nov 2012 10:29pm
The only electrical fault they had was a large unpaid bill! Allegedly....

Yes the Little Nellie has definitely gone now. Can't see that re-opening as a pub, the whole building needs masses of work.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 17th Nov 2012 10:37pm
Hmm I hope the rose does reopen, need new management though, this landlord has ran the place into the ground! Need someone who knows what theyre doing, seems so hard to keep a pub open these days, the regulars deserve someone who will. keep the place open. And the poor staff! I wonder whats happened to them?
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 18th Nov 2012 12:02am
Don't think it was just the landlord, if people aren't going out and spending money in pubs and the breweries are demanding so much, it'd be difficult for anyone to run one successfully.

The Rose & Crown staff are brilliant, all lovely and chatty. Hopefully if it does re-open they'll all still have their jobs.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 18th Nov 2012 1:49pm
Apparently police where all over it this morning and it was being boarded up? Apparently landlord has done a runner.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 18th Nov 2012 1:50pm
Also yes staff always were great, hope they are kept on if/when it re opens smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 18th Nov 2012 2:43pm
this is sad news,and yes the staff were great.
Posted By: Zubee Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 19th Nov 2012 10:20pm
Not looking good for the Rose at the moment. £2k electric bill. Won't be open this week, 'might' be open next week.
Posted By: Racoon Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 23rd Nov 2012 1:10am
Now people are saying it will be open in just under 2 weeks, as that's how long it takes to switch the electricity back on, now the bill has been paid. So it does seem like the 'electric fault' was just a lie.

Does it really take that long just to turn the elec back on?? That doesn't sound right, but I don't know much about that sort of thing. Apparently it is also fully boarded up now, though I don't know why this would happen over an unpaid bill...
Posted By: Dilly Re: Rose and Crown Poulton, closed?? - 27th Nov 2012 4:06pm
Went past the Rose earlier, shutters are off curtains open lights on. Hope this means it is reopening.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral