Forums
Posted By: PunchIt The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 29th Oct 2012 11:46pm
Hi, all I recently saw the new Bond film and was blown away by it. For anyone whose yet to see it I really can't recommend it enough.

Considering Bond is a Wirral boy I think we should show our support by seeing it in droves. I can't sum up how good it was so I wrote a few words here on it. There's a couple of swear words before you click http://ademonsvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/skyfall-is-where-we-start.html

I recomend seeing it in IMAX in Cheshire Oaks Vue!
Posted By: davew3 Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 8:06am
In two years when the hype has worn away and forgotten then maybe it will be on tv or a video, until then I'am still catching up on all the mega films, NOT, that the DVD of, can now be bought at Prenton car boot or West Kirby car boot . laugh
Posted By: Nigel Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 2:06pm
I remember Daniel very well, he was in my class at Hilbre secondary West Kirby. Good film I went to see it last Saturday at Cheshire oaks.
Posted By: Alonso Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 3:11pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
I remember Daniel very well, he was in my class at Hilbre secondary West Kirby. Good film I went to see it last Saturday at Cheshire oaks.

Was he the least likely guy you would have considered would one day make superstar status, or was he head and shoulders above the rest of you and definitely going to go on to make it big somewhere? Just curious. Cheers.
Posted By: Mally Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 10:50pm
Yeah I remember Dan as well, wasn`t in my class but was in my year at Hilbre, he was always in the school plays, I did the lighting effects in some of the plays he was in, like Nigel says "Good Film" saw it last Friday, they filmed some of the scenes in a place I holiday at called Calis, Turkey, the "walking on the beach" and "drinking in the beach bar" scenes. cool
Posted By: Zubee Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 11:16pm
I'll definitely go and see the film, but the only real 007 was Sean Connery smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 30th Oct 2012 11:41pm
Connery has my vote too.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: The Best Bond is a Wirral chap! - 31st Oct 2012 2:13pm
I never took to Connery. Like many others who say it, Moore was my favourite because he was around in my youth, the gadgets, the cars (the white Lotus was superb), and the not-taking-it-all-too-seriously aspect.

But the reboot with Craig is outstanding - dark and gritty.

After that it would have to be Dalton. Not eye candy for the ladies (wasn't he accused of having a rubbery face?), but allegedly closer to Fleming's idea of Bond.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral