Forums
Posted By: Moonstar Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 6:05pm
Had a 'door knocker' this afternoon. He handed me a card saying he was deaf and proceeded to offer pencil 'drawings' to buy. The prices were on the back of the card. The man appeared to be friendly. However, this is a 'heads up' alert.
Posted By: vwshmee Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 6:13pm
Had him knock here earlier too, seemed nice enough but I didn't ask to see his drawings
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 6:36pm
More like another begging Immigrant who can't speak English!!!
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 7:41pm
Deaf knocker

wait till they turn there back to you then shout "hey you drop a fiver" see how quick they turn" doh
Posted By: philmch Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 10:10pm
He was round at ours in Prenton on Friday. Drawings were bloody awful - fingers down the throat chocolate box puppies, kittens and such.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 10:25pm
had the Big issue woman from Liscard trying this last year when I was out shopping in Liverpool or Birkenhead can't remember which now, little card and all, funny how quick she moved when I pointed out who she was and she doesn't talk like she does when she's selling the big issue in Liscard to boot, she used to come in Home Bargains to buy big bags of sweets for lunch
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 10:36pm
He`s been to Eastham too,He handed me a written note explaining he`s foreign student trying to raise some funds for his student fee`s ..I declined and politely sent him on his way
Posted By: TheDr Re: Knocker - 23rd Sep 2012 10:57pm
We had a similar guy come into the shop with a "deaf card" and a small leaflet with the alphabet "signed" on it.

£1 for each, if it's a scam I won't be losing any sleep over a quid, but it does show how low some people will stoop.
Posted By: TillieTrochar Re: Knocker - 24th Sep 2012 7:03am
I have a sign on the wall next to my front door... NO COLD CALLERS. This is not a deterrent at all..! They all still knock.
Posted By: rocks Re: Knocker - 24th Sep 2012 9:13am
Originally Posted by TillieTrochar
I have a sign on the wall next to my front door... NO COLD CALLERS. This is not a deterrent at all..! They all still knock.

me too, my sign is right next to the bell so they knock on the door and pretend they havnt seen the sign!!! they make my blood boil as sometimes through ill health it can take me ages and a lot of pain to reach the front door thinking it maybe family to then find a sky/virgin/cancer/nspcc/gas/electric person wanting my money and because i live in a terrace house with no path or gate they are always in my road, it shouldn't be allowed
Posted By: stu6278 Re: Knocker - 24th Sep 2012 11:29am
This guy gets about! grin Had him call at my house in Wallasey early evening yesterday with his card. I didn't read past the first line.
Posted By: SirTankWelder Re: Knocker - 25th Nov 2012 9:59pm
Treat cold callers like you would the BBC's TV LICENCING TM so called enforcement officers..........A polite F.O and close the door.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral