Forums
Posted By: Wally1 Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 9:57pm
Large meteor just passed over Irish Sea east to west
from over Lancs towards Anglesey viewed from New
Brighton. Green colours breaking
into several parts lasting about 30-45 seconds.
Posted By: Slinkybabe Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:22pm
Yes we saw it too from our back garden in new Brighton, few friends on Facebook say they saw it too. I've seen shooting stars before but this was definitely a meteor. Feel honoured to have seen it!
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:23pm
I seen this smile
Posted By: wilks Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:44pm
I also spotted it when driving down Argyll street.
Hope it landed out at sea.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:47pm
[youtube]aUyh2yaZPno[/youtube] omg
Posted By: Lynda Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:51pm
saw it from my window in rock ferry, thought was police helicopter with its light on at first (!) then realised it had a tail! lol
Posted By: Mulder Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 10:53pm
I saw it myself, me and a couple of mates were on the way home and were travelling up Holm Lane in Oxton. Two of us realised it was something out of the ordinary but one of my mates was convinced it was a Chinese lantern, reckoned he could see the flames flickering. It did look really low to be a meteor but you could tell by the way it was breaking up that it was. Interesting way to end the night though, not something I have seen before and doubt if I will see again.
Posted By: Lynda Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 21st Sep 2012 11:01pm
I saw one few months ago, wasnt quite as big as this one tho, still a lovely thing to see no matter what the size
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 22nd Sep 2012 7:20am
On the "Today" programme (R4 this morning), they were thinking it might have been some space junk entering the atmosphere and breaking up. It was seen in the central belt of Scotland and large areas of the North of England.

Considering how much tinware we launch up there, a lot of it has to come down somewhere - eventually.

Always carry a substantial umbrella !! grin grin
Posted By: Tatey Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 22nd Sep 2012 7:30am
I saw it, but thought it might have had something to do with the Plumb Schnapps!
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Meteor - Wallasey - 22nd Sep 2012 1:53pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
On the "Today" programme (R4 this morning), they were thinking it might have been some space junk entering the atmosphere and breaking up. It was seen in the central belt of Scotland and large areas of the North of England.

Considering how much tinware we launch up there, a lot of it has to come down somewhere - eventually.

Always carry a substantial umbrella !! grin grin

so I was wishing on a tin can think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral