Forums
Posted By: Dolphin123 New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 4:58pm
As from tomorrow the Old quay at parkgate will commence a car parking charge to use their car park, this is to prevent people using their car park who dont use the old quay for a drink or a meal.

But your money will be returned after you have purchased a meal or drinks debited from your bill.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 8:13pm
sounds like a sensible idea,,, been there a few times myself for something to eat and its been terrible finding a parking space in there carpark,, especially during the summer,, any idea how much there going to charge?
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 8:24pm
Yup think its a great idea too.But the bowling alley in New Brighton do the same thing for their customers when they are busy. They charge £4 to park which is fully refundable of a game of bowling or laserquest and I can tell you from personal experience they sometimes get a lot of abuse for it!

TheMrs
Posted By: 1971efc Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 8:51pm
if your getting the carpark price taken off your meal then no one need complain
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 8:54pm
I agree. Doesn't stop them tho !!

TheMrs
Posted By: Dolphin123 Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 9:39pm
Originally Posted by 1971efc
sounds like a sensible idea,,, been there a few times myself for something to eat and its been terrible finding a parking space in there carpark,, especially during the summer,, any idea how much there going to charge?

Many thanks for all your replies I think the price is £5,00 so if you spend more than the £5, 00 it is refunded makes a lot of sence.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: New car parking chargers. - 16th Sep 2012 9:46pm
the downside is you may only want a drink , which is less than £5 it then becomes a very expensive drink, also the carvery is less than £4 many just have water so again it works out a lot
Posted By: j_demo Re: New car parking chargers. - 17th Sep 2012 12:24pm
Originally Posted by Headcoat_TheMrs
Yup think its a great idea too.But the bowling alley in New Brighton do the same thing for their customers when they are busy. They charge £4 to park which is fully refundable of a game of bowling or laserquest and I can tell you from personal experience they sometimes get a lot of abuse for it!

TheMrs

dont see why they should get abuse for it, its perfectly sensible
Posted By: Gibbo Re: New car parking chargers. - 17th Sep 2012 2:00pm
I really feel for businesses that get their car parks abused.

They can't even do anything to protect their interests - clamping is about to be made illegal, and as soon as someone gets a "fine" some big mouth spouts up "its an unenforceable invoice, you don't have to pay it, go to pepipoo.com for advice".
© Wirral-Wikiwirral