Forums
Posted By: Dilly Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 1:22pm
Hello all' did anyone else have the misfortune of attending the Status Quo gig at Speke Hall yesterday ? we were informed it would start at 5pm with a number of support bands.We were left standing in the rain until just before 6pm before they let us in.nearly an later still no one had taken to the stage. it was then we decided to leave. on the way out we compained at the booking office who told us it was due to support acts not showing up. went home wet and angry. bad management is all I can say. thanks for listening to my ranting.
Posted By: Stingray Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 1:43pm
Yes I was there with one of the support bands, who incidentally, were all there & on time & really looking to playing especially as their friends & families had spent hundreds of pounds on tickets! They were all informed at about 6 o'clock that their performances were cancelled, suffice to say they were all gutted having put an incredible amount of work in preparing for this show. They were told that for 'insurance purposes & because of the terrible weather (the stage was very wet & dangerous)that they could not play & only The Christians & Quo would perform. As it was, both Christians & Quo put on great show in spite of the terrible conditions. Im sorry you had a bad experience & I would suggest you contact the promotors.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 2:15pm
Cheers Stinngray' glad you enjoyed the show' the lack of any information being anounced was what was anoying. thank you for putting me in the picture regards the support bands.
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 2:41pm
I Was at this gig last night got soaking wet all for both bands The Christians and Status Quo doing a hour set each.. disapointed they did not come back on... I seeN Guns and roses the other week at the echo arena. Ok Axel rose and the band did not come on stage till 1100pm but he did a 3 hr set....
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 3:08pm
no guardians?
Posted By: Stingray Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 8:01pm
Sadly, Guardians were cancelled along with other supports at the last minute due to weather & insurance conditions.
Posted By: ThatChap Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 11:23pm
As Stingray said, The Christians and the Quo were great despite the appalling weather... 3 prize quotes - (i) The Christian's asking for requests - answer was 'Rocking all over the world"! (ii) The Christian's asking to come off early!! (iii)after something had been throne on stage for the quo, the response from the stage was - hmm the children are throwing sweets to old men, surely the wrong wat round...

Did pity those who played - arena was really empty, but those there seemed to enjoy it...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Status Quo - 4th Jun 2012 11:55pm
Friends of mine went. They were originally told they could not take umbrellas in !! I kid you not ! The organisers changed their mind (someone must of stick their hand of the window and checked the weather!!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral