Forums
Posted By: louise127 Apprentices - 16th May 2012 3:34pm
Hello all

I have recently started work with a local training provider and my task is to link with local Employers who may be seeking an Apprentice (16-19) year olds. The Apprentice will undertake a qualification, functional skills test along with a technical certificate. Rate of pay is £2.60ph and quals available include Business Admin/Customer service/Retail/Warehousing/IT/Childcare/Health and social care/Management/Team leading and Catering and Hospitality. So if any local Employers would like to have a chat or would like some info please contact me initailly via PM
Posted By: Jessielove Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 6:28pm
Hiya Louise just tried to pm you and your over your limit
Posted By: Tatey Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 6:37pm
Jessielove. Shouldn't that be "the devil within me" ?
Posted By: j_demo Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 6:52pm
£2.60ph

seriously??? people actually work for that?
Posted By: louise127 Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 7:21pm
Try again Jessielove, just emptied messages I think
Posted By: louise127 Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 7:22pm
its the going rate for 16-19 year olds who want to complete an apprenticeship, most decent Employers pay more thank god
Posted By: Volly Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 7:25pm
So on a 40 hour week it would work out at £104.

Absolutely disgusting - I wouldn't let my kids be used like that.

What incentive is that for them to work when they can get around £65 a week of the dole for doing nothing?

And unless I've read it wrong, this isn't even for an actual apprenticeship? It's for an access course to one?

Training schemes and apprenticeships are great ideas but the need to be fair on those who take them. They very often end up working just as hard or sometimes harder than everyone else for an absolute pittance.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 7:44pm
We have an apprentice in our work, and although they get paid very very little, they have gained some incredibly valuable experience and qualifications to boot, people can spend years a uni paying thousands and not get nearly as much experience as an apprentice, and quite often graduates end up on minimum wage anyway.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Apprentices - 16th May 2012 9:14pm
I have a apprentice hairdresser that works with me
I would never dream of giving anyone that!

Terrible !
Posted By: louise127 Re: Apprentices - 17th May 2012 1:45pm
Not access course it's actual apprenticeships hopefully leading to permanant positions, in my opinion it s start onto better choices in the future, it gives youngsters a sense of committment and self esteem but I do realise it is easier for some people to get benefits and have n direction in life, but for some people its the chance they need
Posted By: louise127 Re: Apprentices - 17th May 2012 1:46pm
the £2.60 is the minimum rate ph many more decent employers will and do pay more
Posted By: delta6 Re: Apprentices - 17th May 2012 2:20pm
all apprentices now need to be employed status.
unless on the access to apprenticeship course where they should only be for between 3 and 6 months until a placement is found.
the hard part is finding the employer hence louise's original post.
any yes thank god most employers do pay more than the £2.60
© Wirral-Wikiwirral