Forums
Posted By: Robert86 New China Chippy - Overchurch - 19th Feb 2012 9:25pm
Anyone know what's happened to it? Has been closed for a couple of weeks now. Hating going to the one in Saughall Massie, the chips are hangin there
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: New China Chippy - Overchurch - 19th Feb 2012 9:28pm
they may have gone home for chinese new year?
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: New China Chippy - Overchurch - 20th Feb 2012 9:56am
Originally Posted by Robert86
Anyone know what's happened to it? Has been closed for a couple of weeks now. Hating going to the one in Saughall Massie, the chips are hangin there

Originally Posted by oldpm01

If possible most Chinese will go home for Chinese New Year.

Saughall Massie is near me but the fish and chips dreadful. I always go to Village Friary in Upton, but my friend brought in fish and chips last week from the chinese chip shop further up that row of shops and they were fine.

Did try Overchurch a couple of times but was not impressed. Are there new owners?
Posted By: Tatey Re: New China Chippy - Overchurch - 20th Feb 2012 8:05pm

What is a hanging chip please?
Posted By: Robert86 Re: New China Chippy - Overchurch - 20th Feb 2012 8:22pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum

Originally Posted by oldpm01

If possible most Chinese will go home for Chinese New Year.

Saughall Massie is near me but the fish and chips dreadful. I always go to Village Friary in Upton, but my friend brought in fish and chips last week from the chinese chip shop further up that row of shops and they were fine.

Did try Overchurch a couple of times but was not impressed. Are there new owners?

Not sure how long the current owners had been there TBH. (Assuming they're still current.)

Originally Posted by Tatey

What is a hanging chip please?

Unsatisfactory. Brown in colour rather than golden. Cooked in old oil, or perhaps previously cooked then warmed up (known in the trade as 'warm ups').
© Wirral-Wikiwirral